Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1603091 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #1560 on: August 19, 2015, 06:37:28 pm »
http://gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-1725132091

Well of course he did.
he went all in too

When he launched the second account, Duggar paid an initial fee of $250 that appears to have gone toward the purchase of an ?affair guarantee?:

Customers who buy 1,000 credits for $250 receive a money-back ?affair guarantee,? if they don?t have an affair within three months.

slack

shemptiness

« Reply #1561 on: August 19, 2015, 07:54:54 pm »
Cheaper than VIP tix.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1562 on: August 19, 2015, 07:59:04 pm »
😐 🎶

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1563 on: August 19, 2015, 09:17:36 pm »
If it's acceptable to mock people with food addictions, is it also acceptable to mock people with other addictions...e.g. drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, religion?

Which form of the word addiction are you talking about, the one speaking about a (usually unhealthy) habit, or the disease?

I'm unsure what you're talking about. Perhaps you could give an example of each form you are referring to?

It is pretty self explanatory.  But to give you one generic difference between the two, the former is caused by over use of some substance or indulgence, whereas the latter is not. The disease is a uncurable genetic defect that is manifested by over use.  IMHO one should not mock a person who has this disease any more than they should mock anyone with cancer or any other genetic abnormality.

Thanks for the explanation. For the record, I myself wasn't trying to make the case for mocking anybody, just asking if it was accepted board etiquette.

No harm no foul.  I took your original post in jest and my reply was somewhat tongue in cheek, although based in facts (as I understand them anyway).  Truth be told, I find that I end up laughing at myself and the dumb shit I do more so than laughing at other people.  Trust me, I have done some pretty stupid things in my life.  No details will be forthcoming! :)
FUKIT

ggw

« Reply #1564 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:55 am »
I know someone who was using this study as an excuse to not deal with weight issues for a long time, though it really didn't explain why she was feeling like shit every day. Then she got changed her diet (kept exercising moderately) and lost 16 pounds, and will likely lose 20+ more. And she'll tell you she feels a whole lot healthier. I'm sure her next doctor's visit will confirm better health stats

Glad to hear your wife's feeling better.

« Reply #1565 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:27 am »
I know someone who was using this study as an excuse to not deal with weight issues for a long time, though it really didn't explain why she was feeling like shit every day. Then she got changed her diet (kept exercising moderately) and lost 16 pounds, and will likely lose 20+ more. And she'll tell you she feels a whole lot healthier. I'm sure her next doctor's visit will confirm better health stats

in absentia from Hutch

BOOM!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1566 on: August 20, 2015, 10:33:22 am »

in absentia from Hutch

BOOM!
I enjoy GGW-on-Rhett and Rhett-on-GGW snark more than any other snark, to be honest.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1567 on: August 21, 2015, 09:52:44 am »
FFS Gene Simmons too?!?  I think I liked it better when sharks were attacking everybody.

« Reply #1568 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:43 am »
FFS Gene Simmons too?!?  I think I liked it better when sharks were attacking everybody.
let's not slander the guy yet

the detectives involved want to emphasize that Simmons and his family were "extremely cooperative" and none of them are suspected of a crime.
slack

« Reply #1569 on: August 21, 2015, 11:12:02 am »
Top ten college email addresses revealed in the Ashley Madison hack:

Rank   University   # of Accounts
1.   Michigan State University   696
2.   Pennsylvania State University   679
3.   Kent State University   653
4.   Virginia Tech   561
5.   Ivy Tech Community College   560
6.   Virginia Community Colleges   541
7.   Ohio State University   487
8.   University of Minnesota   485
9.   University of Michigan   450
10.   New York University   438

Hell of a time to be a Big Ten alumnus.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #1570 on: August 21, 2015, 11:14:44 am »
Someone posted the complete list of everyone who used a cc on Ashley Madison from Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties in Northern VA. So now, of course, everyone in the office is scouring it. Frank in the mailroom is on there, as is Sohail from Software.  :o

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1952412/page-1.html

I am REALLY hoping the D.C. list shows up. My Cap Hill neighborhood is the #1 represented hood on the list, with one in ten Hill residents on there. Oh god I can't wait to look at that.
oword

« Reply #1571 on: August 21, 2015, 11:17:34 am »
I thought of putting this in the Books thread, but it's really not about the book, so I figured I'd say it here: I read a few months back this book called Chinaman: The Legend Of Pradeep Mathew which was a roman a clef about Sri Lankan society and politics told the tale of cricket players. And it was really heavy on cricket jargon to the point I had to wikipedia cricket terminology extensively. And then I turned up watching test cricket on ESPN3.com. And I keep watching it. I think I like cricket now. I never thought I'd be someone who like cricket. I totally didn't want to like cricket, but I think I do. I actually got up at 6am to watch cricket before work the other day.

I do not know what to do with this turn of events, honestly.
LVMH

« Reply #1572 on: August 21, 2015, 11:18:26 am »
Someone posted the complete list of everyone who used a cc on Ashley Madison from Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties in Northern VA. So now, of course, everyone in the office is scouring it. Frank in the mailroom is on there, as is Sohail from Software.  :o

I am REALLY hoping the D.C. list shows up. My Cap Hill neighborhood is the #1 represented hood on the list, with one in ten Hill residents on there. Oh god I can't wait to look at that.
If a Richmond one came out I would peruse it for upwards of five minutes.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1573 on: August 21, 2015, 11:49:41 am »
/

Space Freely

« Reply #1574 on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »

I see my recently divorced former next door neighbor. Now the divorce story becomes a little more clear.

As well as the guy on the next street my wife holds up as the model husband that other men should emulate. Haha on that one.