Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1593623 times)

Space Freely

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3360 on: July 26, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »
Woohoo! Yay for the religion of peace! There seems to be a "lone wolf" attacker every day now in Europe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/attackers-slit-french-priests-throat-in-church-shot-dead-by-police/2016/07/26/618a9600-5315-11e6-b7de-dfe509430c39_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_france-622a-stream%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

i did a quick news search and came up with the following non-muslim incidents... you probably haven't heard of most of these.  perhaps we're a little quick to highlight the islam-related occurrences, disproportionately? 

where are all the right-wing apologists to make excuses for the inherent violence of christians?!?  what about asking fundamental questions about in inherent violence of christians (the bible promotes hate!!!) and putting these concerns front and center of each news cycle???

Are you saying those tragedies were all a result of someone being inspired by the Bible with the hope that they were increasing their rewards in heaven?

Space Freely

« Reply #3361 on: July 26, 2016, 12:48:33 pm »
Perhaps not the tidy solution El Hutcho is demanding, but a good assessment of the situation...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-a-rizvi/the-new-center-between-th_b_8778908.html

killsaly

« Reply #3362 on: July 26, 2016, 01:00:56 pm »
Saw Killsaly at the WWE PPV on Sunday. It was a great time.
We should get our seats together next time.  I am planning on hitting up Backlash in Richmond in September (the first Smackdown branded one)...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3363 on: July 26, 2016, 01:01:27 pm »
Is that a PPV? I didn't think the PPVs ever got held here.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #3364 on: July 26, 2016, 01:07:50 pm »
Yes it is. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3365 on: July 26, 2016, 01:21:17 pm »
Saw Killsaly at the WWE PPV on Sunday. It was a great time.
We should get our seats together next time.  I am planning on hitting up Backlash in Richmond in September (the first Smackdown branded one)...
I think my bud I was with and I might be heading down for that one! Will def be in contact when her and I figure out what our plans are. I think she wants to hit Raw in Baltimore the next night, so we're trying to hash it out.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #3366 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »
I did not realize Raw was in Baltimore the next night... I will probably go to both.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #3367 on: July 26, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »
Do I seem giddy? I'd say I'm way more sad than giddy.

I think the first step to coming up with a solution is recognizing the problem correctly. Some people want to blame it entirely on gun availability. Others want to blame it entirely on mental illness. Others want to blame it entirely on religion. Others want to blame it all entirely on colonial history. Blah blah blah. When it's really often a combination of all of those.

Believing in a "God" that has no scientific provable reality is probably a sign of mental illness. Some are more mentally ill than others.

Since this mental illness probably is not going to disappear anytime soon, how do we treat it? I think the moderate religion people must do something to reel in the more ill. I'm not sure how this should be done, but it's not my job. It's not Trumps job, and it's not Hillary's job. It's the job of the moderate religious leaders. Actually, in the case of the Muslims, it's the job of the liberal reformers, as outside of the US the "moderate Muslims" are still pretty damn conservative.

yes you do seem giddy.. every time there is an attack or incident you come on here before the ink is even dry to gloat with a very "I told you so" tone.

this is the dumbest thing I have ever read... "It's not my job"??? WTF??? of course its your "JOB".. you live in the US and its your "job" to make the country you live in a decent place to live in.. presumably that is what you want to do.

what kind of lame assed citizen are you? If you're concerned about Americans who are muslim becoming radicalized or committing terrorist attacks of course its your job to do something about it..  and not simply bitch about the muslims..

your post is just so stupid dude... obviously we need to adopt policies to protect ourselves as much as possible from having terrorism in our country.... to say that "its the job of the muslims themselves" is completely deflecting any responsibility and divides us between muslims and non-muslims.. we're all in this together.. all Americans.

I have to say- with all due respect- that I don't think you have the intellectual capability to discuss this....anybody who would argue "hey its not my problem, let the muslims take care of it" is living in la la land.. its a very complex issue.. it involves immigration for example.. government has a HUGE role to play.. hence, Hillary or Trump will have a big role to play... to think the solution is simply to say "hey its the muslims so let the muslim community police itself"..wow.

and the whole lets split the difference the Muslims radicals are wrong and the Liberal apologists are wrong is also incredibly stupid... its the traditional bothsiderism.... reductionist and useless.

vansmack

« Reply #3368 on: July 26, 2016, 02:15:57 pm »
I think the first step to coming up with a solution is recognizing the problem correctly.

Exactly why the term Radical Islam is wrong.  I do enjoy your walking contradictions though.
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3369 on: July 26, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »
I go to The Birchmere for the food.
I read the 9:30 Club forums for solutions to our world's problems.
😐 🎶

« Reply #3370 on: July 26, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »

Where do you get your integers?
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3371 on: July 26, 2016, 02:26:22 pm »

I make 1's and 2's daily.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #3372 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:17 pm »

oh..such clever repartee!!

« Reply #3373 on: July 26, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »

I make 1's and 2's daily.
Dude, I perfectly set you up for a "BEN'S CHILI BOWL" reply. *disappointed*
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #3374 on: July 26, 2016, 02:55:41 pm »
Do I seem giddy? I'd say I'm way more sad than giddy.

I think the first step to coming up with a solution is recognizing the problem correctly. Some people want to blame it entirely on gun availability. Others want to blame it entirely on mental illness. Others want to blame it entirely on religion. Others want to blame it all entirely on colonial history. Blah blah blah. When it's really often a combination of all of those.

Believing in a "God" that has no scientific provable reality is probably a sign of mental illness. Some are more mentally ill than others.

Since this mental illness probably is not going to disappear anytime soon, how do we treat it? I think the moderate religion people must do something to reel in the more ill. I'm not sure how this should be done, but it's not my job. It's not Trumps job, and it's not Hillary's job. It's the job of the moderate religious leaders. Actually, in the case of the Muslims, it's the job of the liberal reformers, as outside of the US the "moderate Muslims" are still pretty damn conservative.

yes you do seem giddy.. every time there is an attack or incident you come on here before the ink is even dry to gloat with a very "I told you so" tone.

this is the dumbest thing I have ever read... "It's not my job"??? WTF??? of course its your "JOB".. you live in the US and its your "job" to make the country you live in a decent place to live in.. presumably that is what you want to do.

what kind of lame assed citizen are you? If you're concerned about Americans who are muslim becoming radicalized or committing terrorist attacks of course its your job to do something about it..  and not simply bitch about the muslims..

your post is just so stupid dude... obviously we need to adopt policies to protect ourselves as much as possible from having terrorism in our country.... to say that "its the job of the muslims themselves" is completely deflecting any responsibility and divides us between muslims and non-muslims.. we're all in this together.. all Americans.

I have to say- with all due respect- that I don't think you have the intellectual capability to discuss this....anybody who would argue "hey its not my problem, let the muslims take care of it" is living in la la land.. its a very complex issue.. it involves immigration for example.. government has a HUGE role to play.. hence, Hillary or Trump will have a big role to play... to think the solution is simply to say "hey its the muslims so let the muslim community police itself"..wow.

and the whole lets split the difference the Muslims radicals are wrong and the Liberal apologists are wrong is also incredibly stupid... its the traditional bothsiderism.... reductionist and useless.

Is it also my job to reduce the rate of single parenthood in the African-American community?