Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1604535 times)

walkie,talkie

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #3885 on: January 27, 2017, 01:06:44 am »
Why has, hollywood forgiven mel Gibson?  Is that ok?  I am not sure.

evilizac

« Reply #3886 on: January 27, 2017, 08:48:43 am »
Donald Trump
WHAT?

Space Freely

« Reply #3887 on: January 27, 2017, 09:59:31 am »
Why has, hollywood forgiven mel Gibson?  Is that ok?  I am not sure.

And Roman Polanski. And Woody Allen. And Casey Affleck. For Hollywood, art is more important than moral backbone.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3889 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:05 pm »
It took somebody buying tickets to go see Iron Maiden, for this to happen?

Space Freely

« Reply #3890 on: January 29, 2017, 11:14:13 pm »
Wow, terrorist attack in Quebec City. Not where I would have predicted something like that would happen.

vansmack

« Reply #3891 on: January 29, 2017, 11:14:39 pm »
Canada rocks.. sometimes I wish I lived there...

when was the last time we heard of a mass shooting up there????

January 22, 2016.

January 29, 2017
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3892 on: January 30, 2017, 12:31:44 am »
Wow, terrorist attack in Quebec City. Not where I would have predicted something like that would happen.

What do you mean by "terrorist attack"  and is it confirmed as such or are you just hoping?

« Reply #3893 on: January 30, 2017, 09:16:50 am »

What do you mean by "terrorist attack"  and is it confirmed as such or are you just hoping?

he's calling it one
@JustinTrudeau

Please read my statement on tonight?s terrorist attack in Quebec City: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2017/01/29/statement-prime-minister-canada-fatal-shooting-city-quebec ?
slack

hutch

« Reply #3894 on: January 30, 2017, 12:21:28 pm »
yes but i want to hear what James Ford means... is it a terrorist attack if white people gun down people of muslim faith ..or only if people who claim to have muslim faith kill white people? or if people of muslim faith kill people of muslim faith?

i find the Sam Harris' and Fords' pretty much to have facilitated Trump's ban... they try to walk a fine line.. .they get too cute... they're like yes islam is a huge problem and the liberal apologists are the problem but at the same time "hey now, we don't want to be associated with this Trump thing.."

personally i think the muslim ban from certain countries is ridiculous on many levels (and i'm still unclear on how it affects greencard holders /permanent residents, and other key issues) but i also think vetting people in different ways coming from different countries is very doable.. we already do it...our Embassies and consulates do that every day...there is nothing to preclude a few extra checks here or there.. a different form there.. a longer waiting period ... higher fees.. we do that all the time... when the Argentina economy fell apart in 2000 and Argentine people started "visiting" the US and simply never leaving the US changed its policies and made it much much harder... you don't have to do it as a "muslim" thing.. you just do it on a country by country basis as the situation warrants it... I honestly think Trump has done it in this way ON PURPOSE.. yes, this messy way.. to send a signal to his base that "You see, I did what I said.. i'm a man of action.. now look at those whiny liberals"....He did not want to execute it in a well thought out reasoned manner on purpose... the ban as implemented makes zero sense.. what about Saudi Arabia? I mean geez..

but getting back to my point.. people like Ford and Harris cannot walk away from Trump cause they own this.. .they try to get cute and say they don't but they do... we've seen Ford make his bigoted statements on this board dozens and dozens of times.... he can't say that those statements have no relation to what is happening... sorry dude....doesn't work that way..

Space Freely

« Reply #3895 on: January 30, 2017, 01:29:52 pm »
Terrorist attack: Type of: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act. the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. coup de main, surprise attack.

Also: I don't think publically criticizing the ideas of a religion constitutes bigotry, in fact it's important to do so in this day and age. Though I will acknowledge that having that religion be Islam and having the "public" be a message board filled with  liberals in a sense amounts to some fun trolling.  I have no doubt it would be equally fun to go on a message board filled with conservatives and lay out the idiocies of Christianity.  :D

hutch

« Reply #3896 on: January 30, 2017, 03:55:20 pm »
Terrorist attack: Type of: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act. the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear. coup de main, surprise attack.

Also: I don't think publically criticizing the ideas of a religion constitutes bigotry, in fact it's important to do so in this day and age. Though I will acknowledge that having that religion be Islam and having the "public" be a message board filled with  liberals in a sense amounts to some fun trolling.  I have no doubt it would be equally fun to go on a message board filled with conservatives and lay out the idiocies of Christianity.  :D

umm no.. saying there are crazy people in Islam is one thing.. saying their religion is fucked up and leads to terror is another...and you have been doing this very consistently... and yeah.. it is bigotry.. .and in case you didn't realize it is why Trump is president.. you need to stop before you post any further on this and do some thinking...seriously dude...get help..

No problem calling out terrorists. .we all agree on that.. calling out muslims which is what you do all the time is wrong.

come on dude, shape up. I know you like to troll but this is a serious topic and its not so much trolling that you but rather exhibit bigotry.. it ain't cool coming from Trump and it ain't cool coming from you either, capiche?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Space Freely

walkie,talkie

« Reply #3899 on: January 30, 2017, 05:47:04 pm »
simple.  they get rich . . . everyone else gets fucked.

the, end.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:49:28 pm by walkie,talkie »