Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602232 times)

hutch

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #5355 on: May 29, 2020, 01:59:18 pm »
While in certain cases I can understand it rioting and looting is never acceptable

I hate to see so many of my friends on the left defending it..justifying it and almost delighting in it

I may understand it but I will never defend it or even justify it

There are real people who pay the price..

I remember after Hurricane Andrew my parents where living in Miami and there were people looting neighborhoods and running around with shotguns..terrifying

And when you riot and burn down a neighborhood does anything good result?

It took U Street like 30 years to come back from the riots...Baltimore has spiraled out of control since their riots

« Reply #5356 on: June 02, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »
In news that you can't really use:
Carole Baskin,  was just awarded Joe Exotic’s old Wynnewood Zoo.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5357 on: June 02, 2020, 02:23:35 pm »

My daughter is outraged.

Yada

« Reply #5358 on: June 02, 2020, 02:31:24 pm »

I've already forgotten the retired wrestling looking dude's name, but why did it get take from him, his wife, and their new hot nanny?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5359 on: June 02, 2020, 02:45:53 pm »

I've already forgotten the retired wrestling looking dude's name, but why did it get take from him, his wife, and their new hot nanny?
At the risk of blowing Sidehatch's mind by commenting on a legal matter despite not being a member of the bar, they said (and it was pretty clearly the case even from the Netflix show) that Exotic "gave" the park to his mother and wrestling dude in an apparent attempt to avoid it getting seized to pay for Baskin's judgment against him/his bankruptcy. If the court is about to seize something from someone, they can't just sign it over to someone else for $5 to avoid it getting seized.
LVMH

« Reply #5360 on: June 02, 2020, 03:06:03 pm »
slack

Yada

« Reply #5361 on: June 03, 2020, 10:49:32 am »

At the risk of blowing Sidehatch's mind by commenting on a legal matter despite not being a member of the bar, they said (and it was pretty clearly the case even from the Netflix show) that Exotic "gave" the park to his mother and wrestling dude in an apparent attempt to avoid it getting seized to pay for Baskin's judgment against him/his bankruptcy. If the court is about to seize something from someone, they can't just sign it over to someone else for $5 to avoid it getting seized.

Makes sense!

Space Freely

« Reply #5362 on: June 04, 2020, 08:24:57 am »
Fox lead headline:

“Cowardly Act”

NYPD cop randomly stabbed in the neck, 2 others shot hours after city’s curfew

CNN lead headline:

Demand for change grows as military leaders condemn Trump

« Reply #5363 on: June 04, 2020, 08:47:08 am »
Fox lead headline:

“Cowardly Act”

NYPD cop randomly stabbed in the neck, 2 others shot hours after city’s curfew
I, in no way, condone violence and am not trying to make light of this, but isn't stabbing a cop in the neck pretty brave? It will likely get you killed. It's the opposite of cowardly.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #5364 on: June 04, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »
The term virtue signaling I was not familiar with until Julian kept accusing me of doing it last year

I have never seen so much virtue signaling as these past few days on Facebook ...it’s literally most of my feed (not the commercials)

Yada

« Reply #5365 on: June 04, 2020, 04:38:36 pm »
The term virtue signaling I was not familiar with until Julian kept accusing me of doing it last year

I have never seen so much virtue signaling as these past few days on Facebook ...it’s literally most of my feed (not the commercials)

At this point, I don't see how any sane person can stand having a facebook account unless you have absolutely everything hidden.

« Reply #5366 on: June 04, 2020, 04:44:57 pm »
You're welcome for the education. I was preparing you for just this moment.

ALL social media. Twitter. Reddit. Anywhere people under-30 communicate about things is just a giant purity-test dickmeasuring contest.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5367 on: June 10, 2020, 02:48:22 pm »
@julian, thought you'd appreciate this:

<sig>

« Reply #5368 on: June 10, 2020, 03:04:26 pm »
@julian, thought you'd appreciate this:

That makes my taco pop.
LVMH

« Reply #5369 on: June 15, 2020, 02:16:55 pm »
Yikes...they can know what you are saying by looking at your lightbulb through a window
Science today revealed a new technique for long-distance eavesdropping they call "lamphone."

After all, in an era when even the light bulbs have ears, a paranoiac's work is never done.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:20:20 pm by GymJ vs Hellboy ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack