Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 919878 times)

vansmack

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3585 on: December 17, 2018, 08:39:25 pm »
Self serving post, Space.

I don't understand what you are saying.

You suffer most if there's a government shutdown...
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #3586 on: December 17, 2018, 09:26:08 pm »
Self serving post, Space.

I don't understand what you are saying.

You suffer most if there's a government shutdown...

I would not be affected at all by this partial government shutdown. Though my heart goes out to those who would be.

vansmack

« Reply #3587 on: December 18, 2018, 04:19:47 pm »
I would not be affected at all by this partial government shutdown. Though my heart goes out to those who would be.

Then Trump is definitely doing it all wrong.  Thoughts and prayers....
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3588 on: December 18, 2018, 04:29:17 pm »
Understatement

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3589 on: December 18, 2018, 05:47:08 pm »
trump's sham of a "charity" is being shut down by court order, charges likely to follow in the new year. 

hopefully this is the first trump org of many to go down like this.  sounds like his inaugural committee is next...
<sig>

« Reply #3590 on: December 18, 2018, 09:14:32 pm »
^while this all shows in black and white that he is really scum and the courts are proving it  (his base doesn't care...)
 What really bugged me the most is he had the non-profit buy himself 2 paintings of himself for $30k One went to his golf course and apparently the other one is missing

it doesn't seem like any of this really matters...
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:18:18 pm by PeterBuckarooBanzai ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3591 on: December 18, 2018, 10:06:44 pm »
True and that is a fundamental problem with America....not Trump but tens of millions of deplorables and uneducated people easily controlled by a demagogue

It’s hard to make sense of it though....it’s quite a decline... The overextension of US power in the wake of 9-11 (I read recently that estimates are that we have spent $6 trillion on our various fictitious wars) combined with tax cuts by both 43 and 45 may do us in yet...reminds one of the decline of the Roman Empire but then again Gore Vidal was writing about this decades ago so who can say? The US economy is extremely resilient

« Reply #3592 on: December 20, 2018, 06:53:50 am »
Goodwin enthusiastically replied, “there is, you can create a GoFundMe operation.”
“According to my mail,” Goodwin continued, “a lot of people are willing to chip in.” He described one reader that wrote to him, “and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”
Found the perfect last minute holiday gift for your MAGA relatives
https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

$12,475,646 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 204,669 people in 4 days

man...just imagine 200k people donating something that would actually help America
I kinda admire their enthusiasm and putting their money where their mouth is....but this is just SAD and xenophobic 

so should we take down the statue of liberty?
do you think France would take it back?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:40:13 pm by Millefleur ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3593 on: December 20, 2018, 01:51:24 pm »
Goodwin enthusiastically replied, “there is, you can create a GoFundMe operation.”
“According to my mail,” Goodwin continued, “a lot of people are willing to chip in.” He described one reader that wrote to him, “and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”
Already at 2.5 million!

double edit...getting ready to break $5mil
 $4,982,813 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 81,668 people in 3 days

I'm kind of impressed, been getting a lot of coverage in the trump friendly media
I don't agree with them, but 80K people putting their money where their mouth is better than annoying facebook memes

Does Scott McCaughey get to keep the money if they don't actually build a wall?

« Reply #3594 on: December 20, 2018, 01:58:19 pm »
huh?

Stroke
McCaughey suffered a stroke on November 16, 2017. Two benefit concerts were held in January, 2018, to raise money for McCaughey's medical bills. Artists included Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Alejandro Escovedo, M Ward, James Mercer, Corin Tucker, the Dharma Bums, the Decemberists, and Patterson Hood.[7] McCaughey recovered substantially from his stroke in 2018 and began playing a series of well received shows at venues in Portland, Oregon, where he lives.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3595 on: December 20, 2018, 02:05:27 pm »
huh?

Stroke
McCaughey suffered a stroke on November 16, 2017. Two benefit concerts were held in January, 2018, to raise money for McCaughey's medical bills. Artists included Peter Buck, Mike Mills, Bill Berry, Alejandro Escovedo, M Ward, James Mercer, Corin Tucker, the Dharma Bums, the Decemberists, and Patterson Hood.[7] McCaughey recovered substantially from his stroke in 2018 and began playing a series of well received shows at venues in Portland, Oregon, where he lives.

Do you think he got to keep the remainder of the GoFundMe that raised 85K for his recovery if his recovery didn't really cost 85K?

« Reply #3596 on: December 20, 2018, 02:18:04 pm »
huh?

Stroke

Do you think he got to keep the remainder of the GoFundMe that raised 85K for his recovery if his recovery didn't really cost 85K?
not sure...but if you are without medical coverage...it's not hard to drop $100k just for a week stay at the hospital

I know as I've seen bills for my sisters surgery and stay ($250k) and my dad's by-pass ($125K)
thankfully was almost zero out of pocket for my family
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 02:19:42 pm by Millefleur ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

« Reply #3597 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »

double edit...getting ready to break $5mil
been getting a lot of coverage in the trump friendly media
jez at $5.5 mil and showing no signs of slowing down

a funny response gofundme
https://www.gofundme.com/ladders-to-get-over-trump039s-wall
although only raised $14k....but ladders are cheap...
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3598 on: December 20, 2018, 02:28:22 pm »
huh?

Stroke

not sure...but if you are without medical coverage...it's not hard to drop $100k just for a week stay at the hospital

I know as I've seen bills for my sisters surgery and stay ($250k) and my dad's by-pass ($125K)
thankfully was almost zero out of pocket for my family

Do people still incur those kinds of weekly charges even with Obamacare in place? I'm legitimately curious from my DC bubble.

hutch

« Reply #3599 on: December 20, 2018, 03:13:00 pm »
Well he may not have had healthcare

Obamacare did not fix all issues

Like there are different levels of coverage depending on what you pay for

God you really are clueless