Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 919767 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3615 on: January 04, 2019, 11:40:40 am »
Why is it so hard for him and a Republicans to realize they also represent people that don’t vote for or support them?!?

Seems so obvious

hutch

« Reply #3616 on: January 04, 2019, 03:52:00 pm »
Unfortunately I find Trump effective in this press conference....it’s almost accidental but effective....the press on the other hand

Space Freely

« Reply #3617 on: January 04, 2019, 04:23:08 pm »
Anybody see the Shutdown as a hail mary by Trump and McConnell to have the agencies operating normally when Mueller's report is released in February and the arrests start flying?

« Reply #3618 on: January 04, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
to have the agencies operating normally when Mueller's report is released in February and the arrests start flying?
you lost me...please explain
slack

hutch

« Reply #3619 on: January 05, 2019, 02:45:42 pm »
He must be at grocery store

« Reply #3620 on: January 07, 2019, 03:34:08 pm »
no one is going to blink...and that really sucks for so many people
I really think that Congress should have to go without pay during something like this too (not that would happen)

Predictions of his prime time "Wall Speech" tonight?
Can I a least get some good suggestions for a drinking game?

Do we think Team Trump might float this idea....$6bill for the 'border security' and in exchange ... issue amnesty to 700,000 Dreamers
slack

hutch

« Reply #3621 on: January 07, 2019, 04:04:09 pm »
Is it tonight?!?

I thought it was tomorrow anyways who cares just lies

I just can’t get into the wall under any circumstance

I can get into addressing illegal immigration but not the wall...I just hate the idea....until Trump gets re-elected I see no reason for it...only a minority supports it

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #3623 on: January 07, 2019, 04:11:00 pm »
no one is going to blink...and that really sucks for so many people
I really think that Congress should have to go without pay during something like this too (not that would happen)

Can I a least get some good suggestions for a drinking game?

Do we think Team Trump might float this idea....$6bill for the 'border security' and in exchange ... issue amnesty to 700,000 Dreamers

He already had a deal for 25 billion for the Wall with amnesty for the Dreamers on the table and he vetoed it, right?

He's not going to offer anything. He's going to declare a "National Emergency" whereby he doesn't need Congress to have the wall built.

And the speech is Tues night.

« Reply #3624 on: January 07, 2019, 04:17:15 pm »
Predictions of his prime time "Wall Speech" Edit....Tuesday night
He already had a deal for 25 billion for the Wall with amnesty for the Dreamers on the table and he vetoed it, right?
He's not going to offer anything. He's going to declare a "National Emergency" whereby he doesn't need Congress to have the wall built.
I think you meant $5 bill...right
I don't know what the exact wording of the DACA part was in that
and he didn't veto it...the House didn't pass the senate version to get to his desk  (although he would have and surely made a big deal about it)
slack

hutch

« Reply #3625 on: January 07, 2019, 04:22:43 pm »
Ugh no he means $25 billion in early 2018 but things have changed

Relaxer

« Reply #3626 on: January 07, 2019, 04:39:49 pm »
The idea that you could build a wall to span all that geography much of it privately owned for $5B or $25B or even $50b is so asinine.
oword

« Reply #3627 on: January 07, 2019, 04:41:48 pm »
oh yeah...chezburgr summit  in march 2018 (was that a century ago or just last decade?)

Why Didn’t Trump Just Take the Border Wall Deal? The president wants to satisfy his base, but he wouldn’t take yes for an answer

[All Trump] had to do was accept a 10- to 14-year path to citizenship for children of undocumented immigrants brought to the United States at a young age.
    That deal has been on the table for more than a month now: Trump gives Democrats a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers; Democrats give Trump his full $25 billion wall funding request. […]

It is confounding that Trump didn’t just take the deal.
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3628 on: January 07, 2019, 04:44:40 pm »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3629 on: January 08, 2019, 03:54:09 pm »

one prediction that i can confirm: i won't be watching the address live.  and neither should anyone else. don't give that monster your viewership. he craves the ratings. don't give it to him. watch the recap on CNN (or wherever) later.
<sig>