Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 923060 times)

Space Freely

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3600 on: December 20, 2018, 03:43:57 pm »
Well he may not have had healthcare

Obamacare did not fix all issues

Like there are different levels of coverage depending on what you pay for

God you really are clueless

Well you know next to nil about beer and marathon running.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3601 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:41 pm »
Do people still incur those kinds of weekly charges even with Obamacare in place? I'm legitimately curious from my DC bubble.

yup, they can still happen.  obamacare did not fix the criminally high prices that patients are charged in this country (yes, it curbed some excesses... but not nearly enough).  luckily the ACA got rid of lifetime limits, so insurance companies can't say "sorry, you've hit your $100k max, the rest of the bill is up to you".
<sig>

« Reply #3602 on: December 20, 2018, 04:41:33 pm »
Well you know next to nil about beer and marathon running.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3603 on: December 20, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »
Do people still incur those kinds of weekly charges even with Obamacare in place? I'm legitimately curious from my DC bubble.

yup, they can still happen.  obamacare did not fix the criminally high prices that patients are charged in this country (yes, it curbed some excesses... but not nearly enough).  luckily the ACA got rid of lifetime limits, so insurance companies can't say "sorry, you've hit your $100k max, the rest of the bill is up to you".

Apparently, he had insurance, Peter Buck, and $125K from the GoFundMe account. I guess my point is...if his medical bills only used 75K from the GoFundMe, does he get to pocket 50K?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8474345/minus-5-scott-mccaughey-recovery-interview

And my initial point...if people donate a billion dollars to build the wall through GoFundMe and they don't use the money....who gets to keep the money?

« Reply #3604 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46:04 pm »
Goodwin enthusiastically replied, “there is, you can create a GoFundMe operation.”
“According to my mail,” Goodwin continued, “a lot of people are willing to chip in.” He described one reader that wrote to him, “and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”
Found the perfect last minute holiday gift for your MAGA relatives
https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

$12,475,646 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 204,669 people in 4 days

man...just imagine 200k people donating something that would actually help America
I kinda admire their enthusiasm and putting their money where their mouth is....but this is just SAD and xenophobic 

so should we take down the statue of liberty?
do you think France would take it back?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3605 on: December 21, 2018, 02:48:34 pm »
Obviously a trojan horse for all the Muslims to sneak in.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #3606 on: December 21, 2018, 03:05:43 pm »
[ kinda admire their enthusiasm and putting their money where their mouth is....

Let's not lose perspective.  Four days in and .3% of the people who voted for Trump have raised 1.2% of the money needed to fund only 4% of Trumps wall.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:13:06 pm by vansmack »
27>34

« Reply #3607 on: December 21, 2018, 03:47:20 pm »
[ kinda admire their enthusiasm and putting their money where their mouth is....

Let's not lose perspective.  Four days in and .3% of the people who voted for Trump have raised 1.2% of the money needed to fund only 4% of Trumps wall.
there you go using math again...Fact's are for losers!

in addition the 5B number is a low low ball estimate
the original estimates were 20B
And you know how gov't spends money wastefully (i.e. space) so probably double that
so 12 mill raised of 40B...drop in the ocean

not including ongoing costs, which are in the 100s of millions a year
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:50:33 pm by Millefleur ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3608 on: December 21, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »

in addition the 5B number is a low low ball estimate
the original estimates were 20B
And you know how gov't spends money wastefully (i.e. space) so probably double that
so 12 mill raised of 40B...drop in the ocean

not including ongoing costs, which are in the 100s of millions a year

I used $25B because that was the "conservative" estimate Fox News has been using, but yes, I agree, it's much more.

204,669 / 62,984,828 = .3%
$12,475,646 of $1B = 1.2%
$1B of $25b = 4%

27>34

gavroche

« Reply #3609 on: December 23, 2018, 01:37:59 am »
Goodwin enthusiastically replied, “there is, you can create a GoFundMe operation.”
“According to my mail,” Goodwin continued, “a lot of people are willing to chip in.” He described one reader that wrote to him, “and says if the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump each contributed $80, that would get you near the $5 billion mark.”
Found the perfect last minute holiday gift for your MAGA relatives
https://www.gofundme.com/thetrumpwall

$12,475,646 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 204,669 people in 4 days

man...just imagine 200k people donating something that would actually help America
I kinda admire their enthusiasm and putting their money where their mouth is....but this is just SAD and xenophobic 

do you think France would take it back?

I don't believe many of these people would have hit the donate button if they actually believed it would come close to their goal and thus require them to actually pay. 

It's just a no cost way to back Trump for them. 

« Reply #3610 on: December 23, 2018, 09:02:53 am »

It's just a no cost way to back Trump for them.
I think the most karmic scenario would be if hackers somehow got into that GoFundMe and drained people's bank accounts and all the money went to some Russian crime syndicate
slack

« Reply #3611 on: January 02, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »
I do think we can thank Trump for this...

totally unrelated...but what a great pic

and in another totally unrelated photo

presidential flip flops
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 06:32:45 pm by Skronk-Hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

« Reply #3612 on: January 03, 2019, 04:02:29 pm »
this should make team trump very anxious

and this guys new job...
slack

« Reply #3613 on: January 03, 2019, 05:58:26 pm »
Some classic quotes all in 1  90+ minute Cabinet meeting

"When they say I'm not popular in Europe, I shouldn't be popular in Europe."
"I don't care about Europe."
"I could be the most popular person in Europe. I could be -- I could run for any office if I wanted to, but I don't want to."
"I think I would've been a good general, but who knows."
"Nicest machine guns I've ever seen."
"I could have had a lot easier presidency by doing nothing." (we can only dream)
slack

« Reply #3614 on: January 04, 2019, 11:19:21 am »
@realDonaldTrump 1.4.19

How do you impeach a president who has won perhaps the greatest election of all time, done nothing wrong (no Collusion with Russia, it was the Dems that Colluded), had the most successful first two years of any president, and is the most popular Republican in party history 93%?

the last part is true (only truth in this twat) and still very scary with all we know...
slack