Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904986 times)

Space Freely

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #885 on: February 25, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »
I mean, that's exactly what's happening. If the three candidates who do not have any mathematical path to the nomination (Cruz, Kasich, Carson) dropped out, Rubio would start winning the majority of states.

Are you suggesting that all of Cruz, Kasich and Carson's supporter would magically support Rubio and not Trump?

I think Trump is more moderate than Rubio or Cruz, between those three I'd take Trump in a heartbeat.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #886 on: February 25, 2016, 03:08:19 pm »
Are you suggesting that all of Cruz, Kasich and Carson's supporter would magically support Rubio and not Trump?

I think Trump is more moderate than Rubio or Cruz, between those three I'd take Trump in a heartbeat.
Every single one? No. But the virtually all of Kasich's, yes. I think Rubio gets the majority of the former Cruz/Carson supporters because, as you said, he's more conservative than Trump.

Trump would love nothing more than for Cruz to remain in the race the entire rest of the way. Rubio would like nothing more than Cruz folding up tent immediately.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #887 on: February 25, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »
David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'
The white nationalist and former KKK grand wizard encouraged his listeners to volunteer for Trump.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777

?He?s made it OK to talk about these incredible concerns of European Americans today, because I think European Americans know they are the only group that can?t defend their own essential interests and their point of view,? Duke said. ?He?s meant a lot for the human rights of European Americans.?
<sig>

« Reply #888 on: February 25, 2016, 04:48:15 pm »
ha...the human rights of European Americans.
slack

« Reply #889 on: February 25, 2016, 05:13:27 pm »

also what is up with these  338 Nevadans?
R. Paul   0.2%        170   
J. Bush   0.1%        64   
C. Christie   0.1%        50   
C. Fiorina   0.0%        22   
M. Huckabee0.0%   21   
R. Santorum0.0%   11   

the zombie effect

This may turn out to be the year of the living dead.

That?s because there are 12 so-called "zombie" candidates who have suspended their campaigns for president, 11 of whom remain on state ballots throughout the country. If these halted campaigns pick up some delegates in proportional states along the way, they could come to life once again at the GOP convention in July.
slack

vansmack

« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2016, 07:34:18 pm »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2016, 07:48:44 pm »
The establishment and media is missing the point....

Its great to see the gang up.... Pardon me if the Washington Post Editorial Board doesn't have much sway with me .. I remember their salivating about going into Iraq...

hutch

« Reply #892 on: February 25, 2016, 08:05:20 pm »
these newspapers and pundits permanently articulating the conventional idiocy are very annoying..

I would take Trump over any candidate left in the Republican field other than Kasich...... I mean Cruz? Talk about a maniac! He's going to carpet bomb Syria but specific targets? We know Cruz is a maniac.. Trump actually has friends..Or Rubio who KNOWS NOTHING about the world and will be another W as he signs on for the next useless war surrounded by the same neocons that helped show W the way...Really?

The problem for the Republicans is that if Trump wins it will kind of be like when Andrew Jackson.. a whole new different game and players will be in power in DC... the usual "conservatives" who have done a heck of a job over the past decades mucking things up will be out of power.. so its in their interest to paint this Trump doomsday scenario...

I mean lets see some of Trump's actual positions:

1. Trade: essentially try to get a better deal with China.. doesn't seem so crazy to me... we know for too long many nasty things about the Chinese.. of course we need them but they need us too... they want to act tough, expand in the South China seas, etc.. lets see how they like it when we don't just put the interests of the Business Roudntrable or Chamber of Commerce over the interests of the American people.. again I am for free trade but not at any cost.. if China wasn't able to sell us their trinkets I don't think their government would survive to be honest.
2. Syria: Let Russia take care of it.. Sounds good to me! Rubio and Cruz can't wait to get into a war with everyone...Continue  with realignment with Iran.. again sounds good to me..
3. Health care: he is for universal health care more so than any Republican.. sounds good to me.. The other Republicans say they will abolish Obamacare and WHAT?
4. Abortion/Gays: we know very well that regardless of what he says to win votes- and yes it is an election and there is a certain level of demagogy-  that he couldn't care less about these issues and views them as unimportant..
5. Mexico: build a wall.. now I am not pro-wall but what is the real problem? Israel built a wall and the other candidates and our nation as a whole can't wait to stay in bed with Israel.. there are no issues with them building a wall but if the US builds a wall its terrible? And when he says "Mexico will pay for it" at the end of the day if the US wants them to pay they will.. it will come out of their trade with us..

The essence of it comes down to form/style.. people just object to the way he articulates and expresses himself... its much nicer for some I guess to listen to Rubio's endless "we are the greatest country in the world.. i fucked Reagan when I was a teenager.. we must leave a better country" platitudes ad nauseum...

But on issues? Trump is the best "Republican" to have come along in decades.. the man actually told people what we all know: BUSH LIED.. BUSH did not keep us safe..

I find it refreshing... It seems many others do too

hutch

« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2016, 08:24:11 pm »
In a way as a democrat for me Trump is the dream candidate... he is obviously more a democrat than republican... he's using the republican party to further his own interests - whether HE believes that includes the interests of the country only he knows- and he is trying (and so far so good..) to blow up the republican party. I love it.. focusing on stupidities like "OMG He said 'I love poorly educated people'" is for the sheeple......He is a politician...

the only caveat is he could beat Hillary...but even if he did that just the fact he blows up the Republican Party might be worth it...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:25:57 pm by hutch »

« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2016, 10:17:52 pm »

I would take Trump over any candidate left in the Republican field other than Kasich......
couldn't agree more, even if by some crazy turn of events he does get the nom and wins the general
he would by far be the best of those other two whack-jobs
slack

« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2016, 12:29:23 am »
did you hear rubio "He never funded me"
it gets really good around 1.45 (yes I get all my political news from gwaker now that stewart is gone, NOT)

this is a lot of fun up here

I want to know who says "people are actually watching this at home"
slack

« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2016, 02:18:11 pm »
slack

« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2016, 03:37:38 pm »
Chris Christie offered a surprise endorsement to Donald Trump on Friday, saying there is no one better prepared to lead the country or defeat former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should she become the Democratic nominee.
slack

« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »
slack

killsaly

« Reply #899 on: February 26, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »
/ :P