Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925481 times)

hutch

killsaly

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1921 on: September 03, 2016, 12:45:40 am »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1922 on: September 03, 2016, 06:53:41 am »
POTW!
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #1923 on: September 05, 2016, 05:49:41 pm »
Its labor day or the so called official beginning of the election... we are 63 days out from election day with early voting starting soon in some localities... the first debate is about three weeks away..

I agree with the AP.. this is the way it looks to me today:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-rates-presidential-race-road-270-061152169.html

the key wouldn't you know it is HRC holding strong in VA... combined with the democrats looking strong -as would be expected- in PA, MI, WI that really frees her up and puts DJT on his heels....DJT really needs a big change to happen in order to make a run in VA, something I consider next to impossible, or otherwise flip PA, also in my opinion next to impossible, or barring that sweep virtually everything else....

The only advantage I can see for DJT is that a 269-269 tie would go to the house and result in a DJT presidency.... if it were to go to the Senate I am not so sure but that is not the way the founding fathers intended it...

Given Hillary's own serious problems I see no chance of the House flipping and even little chance for the Senate to flip although the Senate will be close..my bullishness has moderated over the past three weeks.... My advice to Democrats is to focus on the White House.

In more good news for HRC at the moment it seems unlikely that Gary Johnson will make the debates... she also had a great great fundraising month in August.. maybe the best month ever in a presidential campaign .. her and other groups supporting her raised close to $150 million... she has a lot of resources...

Gun violence, shootings of defenseless black people, shootings of cops and even terrorist attacks have all thankfully moderated in the past few weeks... if this holds up, and there are good reasons to worry it won't, this will be another advantage for HRC.. the economy while not wowing people continues to hold up with low but steady economic growth.... President Obama's approval rating seems to be high.... and while HRC is not trusted by a majority of the American people another majority of the American people, a larger and more important one, considers Trump unstable/unqualified for the presidency....

so all in all continued reasons to be cautiously optimistic...

« Reply #1924 on: September 05, 2016, 09:14:24 pm »
.... My advice to Democrats is to focus on the White House
Man...I think DJT is giving the Dems a golden opportunity to focus on congress and not the electoral college
Yes dems got to get the vote out, but it's a done deal if nothing goes totally sideways
I think focusing on the swing states (when in reality there are few) is a fools gamble
They should go for crushing the Senate and making major strides in the house

and Gary Johnson...
how does he hurt hilary?

If anything Dems should be throwing money at his campaign
He's going to pull the intelligent vote away from the trumpster
He'll do a great job of showing what a sham of a candidate don is

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:16:51 pm by Sideeffect [move]|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|[/move] »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1925 on: September 06, 2016, 11:12:22 am »
So basically it's unmarried women who are the only people who favor Hillary? Wow.

Women break for Clinton (53% to 38%) while men shift Trump's way (54% to 32%). Among women, those who are unmarried make up the core of her support, 73% of unmarried women back Clinton compared with just 36% of married women. Among men, no such marriage gap emerges, as both unmarried and married men favor Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_politics-zone-injection/trump-vs-clinton-presidential-polls-election-2016/index.html

hutch

« Reply #1926 on: September 06, 2016, 12:16:51 pm »
.... My advice to Democrats is to focus on the White House
Man...I think DJT is giving the Dems a golden opportunity to focus on congress and not the electoral college
Yes dems got to get the vote out, but it's a done deal if nothing goes totally sideways
I think focusing on the swing states (when in reality there are few) is a fools gamble

and Gary Johnson...
how does he hurt hilary?

If anything Dems should be throwing money at his campaign
He's going to pull the intelligent vote away from the trumpster
He'll do a great job of showing what a sham of a candidate don is

Don't quit your job to become a political analyst.

vansmack

« Reply #1927 on: September 06, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »
So basically it's unmarried women who are the only people who favor Hillary? Wow.

I stopped reading the poll right here:

This sample includes 601 interviews among landline respondents and 400
interviews among cell phone respondents.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1929 on: September 06, 2016, 12:34:27 pm »
Trump is in danger of of losing white college graduates?won by every Republican presidential candidate since 1952 - which would be incredible.  He's getting hammered in college-educated women staggering margins of 57% to 38%, or more.  Married or otherwise....
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #1930 on: September 06, 2016, 12:47:00 pm »
Trump is in danger of of losing white college graduates?won by every Republican presidential candidate since 1952 - which would be incredible.  He's getting hammered in college-educated women staggering margins of 57% to 38%, or more.  Married or otherwise....

Sure, but only 32.7% of women are college-educated.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/184272/educational-attainment-of-college-diploma-or-higher-by-gender/

vansmack

« Reply #1931 on: September 06, 2016, 12:49:40 pm »

Sure, but only 32.7% of women are college-educated.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/184272/educational-attainment-of-college-diploma-or-higher-by-gender/

Sure, but what's their percentage of voter turnout vs lesser educated?

It's also one of the fastest growing demographics.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1932 on: September 06, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

Donald Trump has made Tricky Senate Races Harder for Republicans Downballot

"...that looked perfectly doable even before the Republicans put an intemperate bigot, with a sketchy state-level campaign effort, at the top of their ticket."

;D
<sig>

« Reply #1933 on: September 06, 2016, 01:29:47 pm »

Don't quit your job to become a political analyst.
and don't quit your 'cranky old man' job either

slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1934 on: September 06, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »
This sample includes 601 interviews among landline respondents and 400
interviews among cell phone respondents.

Crimony. Not just a microscopic sample size (and embarrassingly so for an outlet as large as CNN) but heavily skewed towards older folks who cling to old tech (and don't screen their calls).
😐 🎶