Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925392 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2565 on: December 03, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »
yawn...so much Monday quaterbacking.. all of a sudden the democratic party is such a disaster... if she'd won you'd all be writing the death knell of the Republican Party. .heck you WERE writing it before the election...

there's no need to over exaggerate.. things are bad enough.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2566 on: December 03, 2016, 06:30:56 pm »
morning

Relaxer

« Reply #2567 on: December 03, 2016, 07:03:39 pm »
yawn...so much Monday quaterbacking.. all of a sudden the democratic party is such a disaster... if she'd won you'd all be writing the death knell of the Republican Party. .heck you WERE writing it before the election...

there's no need to over exaggerate.. things are bad enough.

It's true, my buddy and I were talking last night and marveling at the thought that just six weeks or so ago, we thought the GOP was just fucking itself to death over Trump. But I've believed my point on the last page for years -- the GOP is better at mobilizing at the local and state level. That's evidenced by the fact that something like 38 state houses are republican and most governors are. The GOP's demographics might be old and dying out, but they still vote in every election, whereas Hillary couldn't inspire the turnout she needed to win.
I'm not criticizing or Mon morning QBing, just thinking about what happened and some of the reasons why
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #2568 on: December 03, 2016, 07:03:55 pm »
Farting in the wind, so to speak
oword

hutch

« Reply #2570 on: December 03, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »
The fact is Comey totally fucked her over hard twice if not three times...never forget that...

She should have trounced him and she did not.. obviously the American people did not much like her in the end...

But it was very close.. .much closer than it looks in the electoral college..

Beating ourselves up about how we are out of touch and all this hogwash is silly...imho..... remember we are the only ones who give a shit about the working people...

Trump comes in with the weakest mandate ever... he only came up with like 46% of the votes... many who voted for him did it in desperation (we can't have that criminal in the White House...yup, they bought into the lies..) and not as an endorsement of him....to me he takes power wounded... I think he will be reelected in four years but we shall see...

the early signs are his presidency will not be a good one...but who knows.. I have to hope for a good one.. by the time I think he will be done I will be 54! What choice do I have?

« Reply #2572 on: December 04, 2016, 10:29:11 pm »
CPP just can't seem to catch a break
I've yet to actually catch a show there...looks like all this insanity might actually close the place
Isn't that the Comet sign that used to be in Adams Morgan in the 90's, loved that liquor store
slack

hutch

« Reply #2573 on: December 04, 2016, 11:25:26 pm »
CPP just can't seem to catch a break
I've yet to actually catch a show there...looks like all this insanity might actually close the place
Isn't that the Comet sign that used to be in Adams Morgan in the 90's, loved that liquor store

they've had like two interesting shows in a decade... the raincoats (missed.. a mistake... although they went on at like 2 am or something) and david j

i doubt they will ever get anything else... its all hobo rock..

i do like the joint and the pizza is great

amanda's various bands have played there often..

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2574 on: December 05, 2016, 06:42:03 am »
There are already claims the CPP shooter is an actor that it's a false flag.. I'm sure it's only a matter of time there is a gofundme campaign to cover this nutjob's legal expenses
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2575 on: December 05, 2016, 08:54:33 am »
So there is an actor on imdb with the same name as the shooter...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2576 on: December 05, 2016, 09:18:13 am »
So it is the same dude, so I guess the whole incident was staged to discredit trump supporters is true.  Who knew the liberals had it in them to pull it off
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #2577 on: December 05, 2016, 10:14:08 am »
well if that is all true- and I know nothing- liberals did not have it in them to pull it off....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2578 on: December 05, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »
It's true, my buddy and I were talking last night and marveling at the thought that just six weeks or so ago, we thought the GOP was just fucking itself to death over Trump.

don't throw out that opinion/analysis quite yet.  the GOP got into the white house with a candidate who isn't a GOP'er.  he doesn't represent traditional GOP values, his platform is wildly inconsistent with GOP policy. 

in other words republicans got back into the white house as parasites.  they couldn't get in on their own merits. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2579 on: December 05, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »
It's true, my buddy and I were talking last night and marveling at the thought that just six weeks or so ago, we thought the GOP was just fucking itself to death over Trump.

don't throw out that opinion/analysis quite yet.  the GOP got into the white house with a candidate who isn't a GOP'er.  he doesn't represent traditional GOP values, his platform is wildly inconsistent with GOP policy. 

in other words republicans got back into the white house as parasites.  they couldn't get in on their own merits. 

well that may be but they are all getting into power like that and their ideas on most things will predominate... you don't think Trump will represent their ideas on the environment or abortion or in the courts?

I don't see his platform as wildly inconsistent.. maybe on trade but who knows what he'll do on trade

we really don't know what he will do but we know based on the people he is appointing that its the same GOP people...