Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49709 times)

Yada

Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »
Who's paranoid?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/11/16/isis-new-video-paris-attack-washington-npw.cnn

I wonder how many reports DC gets a day on terrorist attacks. I saw a lot of people upset that France had gotten notification of an Isis planned attack earlier that morning. I feel like that's not all that uncommon....

I'm sure it's nonstop. A portion of the city was completely shut down this morning. These direct threats are a bit scary though. I feel like the paranoia is so high in the US though it would be tough(er) than somewhere in Europe to plan these kinds of tactical attacks.

Any group of more than four shady looking Muslim men together in the US would probably have the cops called on them anywhere in the US vs. in parts of Europe where entire hoods are completely populated by middle eastern folks.

And yes... I saw many cons on social media chirping about not doing anything prior to the attacks. It's easier said than done.

walk,on,by

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 01:54:25 pm »
modern day, religious, upheaval . . . fascinating.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2015, 03:07:36 pm »
"Islam needs reformers, not moderates... The purpose of reform is to change things, fix the system, and move it in a new direction. And to fix something, you have to acknowledge that it's broken - not that it looks broken, or is being falsely portrayed as broken by the wrong people - but that it's broken. That is your first step to reformation.

http://www.dailyo.in/politics/paris-attacks-syria-isis-g20-islam-al-qaeda-saudi-arabia-bashar-al-assad/story/1/7404.html

no arguments there.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2015, 03:35:40 pm »
Who's paranoid?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/11/16/isis-new-video-paris-attack-washington-npw.cnn

I wonder how many reports DC gets a day on terrorist attacks. I saw a lot of people upset that France had gotten notification of an Isis planned attack earlier that morning. I feel like that's not all that uncommon....

I'm sure it's nonstop. A portion of the city was completely shut down this morning. These direct threats are a bit scary though. I feel like the paranoia is so high in the US though it would be tough(er) than somewhere in Europe to plan these kinds of tactical attacks.

Any group of more than four shady looking Muslim men together in the US would probably have the cops called on them anywhere in the US vs. in parts of Europe where entire hoods are completely populated by middle eastern folks.

And yes... I saw many cons on social media chirping about not doing anything prior to the attacks. It's easier said than done.
Government: Ok, let's react to every tip we get.
Public: WHAT IS THIS A POLICE STATE!?
Gov: ok... nm...

I think there's so much police in the city as it is... Not sure how something like this would go over in DC. Scary stuff to think about. Even driving out of the city at 2,3,4am there are cops parked up and down 14th/12th/9th heading downtown towards the mall. Not to mention all the separate guards on duty, plus secret service around the mall. Sheesh. Some balls these terrorists have!
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »
Don't a lot of people consider her part of the jv team when it comes to leading a police force?

Relaxer

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 03:42:54 pm »
Who is "a lot of people"?
I don't really know the answer but my impression was that she was a solid police chief.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2015, 03:52:50 pm »
I don't really know the answer but my impression was that she was a solid police chief.

I'm mostly talking out of my ass, but apparently "police union members" don't find her very inspiring.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/08/police-union-members-have-no-confidence-in-chief-lanier/

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2015, 04:01:56 pm »
False Flag alert!!!

http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/9-reasons-to-question-the-paris-terror-attacks.html

I love, love, LOVE how all of these, ALL OF THESE, fucking articles will start out with "HA! Remember what we were initially told when this was going on!? WELL IT WAS WRONG!!!! PROOF that this was all set up!" Because, ya know, we are all 100% informed as soon as these things start. Jesus.

EDIT: the fucking quotes from this thing. Good lord.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:04:46 pm by DeathFromAbove1979 »
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2015, 04:07:38 pm »
I love, love, LOVE how all of these, ALL OF THESE, fucking articles will start out with "HA! Remember what we were initially told when this was going on!? WELL IT WAS WRONG!!!! PROOF that this was all set up!" Because, ya know, we are all 100% informed as soon as these things start. Jesus.
I've noticed this line of thinking before as well. My thought is, if there's a 100% "correct" story out there immediately, wouldn't that be a bigger indicator that it was staged?
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2015, 04:11:32 pm »
What is that you're using? Reason? Nope.

They also reference Charlie Hebdo... "Charlie Hebdo has been exposed as a False Flag op" <- when? Lol. The comments are even better. MAN.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »
Twenty bucks says Space's refrigerator features a caricature of the prophet Mohammed fingerpainted by his atheist, vegan daughter.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2015, 04:24:50 pm »
You guys are the best.  The BEST!

Relaxer

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2015, 04:25:20 pm »

I'm mostly talking out of my ass, but apparently "police union members" don't find her very inspiring.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/08/police-union-members-have-no-confidence-in-chief-lanier/

A conflict between management and the union representing the employees? NO WAY
oword

hutch

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2015, 04:27:17 pm »
I'm sure az will pick this apart, but this is a pretty good overview on what's going on in that god forsaken hell hole as of today. I'm as liberal as they come, but I'm to the point of wanting to turn this area into an oil slick.

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/14/9735102/syria-isis-history-video

the last time we got to that point we invaded Iraq and that got us to this point..

think people...think.

moreover, it is not as if we are not attacking ISIS and killing their leaders one by one..but does the solution lie there?? can we kill enough of them fast enough??

think people.. think..

What solution do you propose, Starsky?

I don't know.. I think its very complicated.. people talking about bombing ISIS nonstop.. do you realize there are civilians in those areas too? How is that not comparable to terrorism? Heck didn't we kill like 20people at Doctors without Borders or something just this past month- by accident- in Afghanistan?

The only thing that comes to mind is getting together with France, Germany, UK, Russia (if at all possible) and maybe going in to Iraq and Syria and Lebanon and Jordan and wherever and taking over with millions of troops and spending TRILLIONS of dollars.. oh and also Yemen and Libya and plenty of other places... does this seems feasible??

anybody ever think that perhaps there is no way to prevent EVERY terrorist attack..that sometimes we will get hit and that is the price we pay for our freedom and NOT endless pointless wars that kills tens of thousands of civilians which is what they want to convince us we have to do... to continue funding a pointless useless military industrial complex.. I guess their civilians aren't as important as our civlians and when we do it its not terrorism, right? Do you guys not think that innocent people have died in Syria due to our- and the French and Russian- bombings??

I find the level of analysis/critical thinking on this issue to be woeful..

And saying you don't have the answer or there may not be an answer IS an answer.. a better one than "hey lets just bomb them to shreds and that will fix it.." As if we even could bomb them to shreds.. we can kill all their leaders and they will just get new ones...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 04:34:49 pm »
Follow the guns.
😐 🎶