Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49702 times)

Space Freely

Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2015, 04:37:17 pm »
Twenty bucks says Space's refrigerator features a caricature of the prophet Mohammed fingerpainted by his atheist, vegan daughter.

I'll take that bet. Which is to say, no we don't have a pic of Mo anywhere in our house.
And she's not vegan and she's way too old and artistically talented to be finger painting.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:13:33 pm by Space Freely »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2015, 03:30:12 pm »
so Anonymous has declared war against ISIS, which leads to this little ditty:

"Hacker group Anonymous have declared was on ISIS after the Paris attacks...

This is probably the closest ISIS will ever get to 72 virgins"

- @causticbob
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2015, 03:39:39 pm »
well i mean....at least one of the terrorists appeared to be using a fake syrian passport.  isn't that the very definition of false flag?

walk,on,by

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »
I like what, pastor Steven anderson, had to say.  Price, less.

Space Freely

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2015, 04:41:02 pm »
I like what, pastor Steven anderson, had to say.  Price, less.

There are douchebags of all religious persuasions. It's great to live in a free country where we can mock them.

ggw

Yada

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2015, 06:04:24 pm »
Eagles of Death Metal Make First Statement on Paris Attacks

I hope this event doesn't put Jesse Hughes completely over the edge... he's not the most stable guy around.

Space Freely

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2015, 06:19:01 pm »
I wonder how many other people around the world, in addition to myself, heard a song by this band for the first time within the past week?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »
France Is Still Accepting 30,000 Refugees

Among the casualties of the massacre are the entire collective gonads of the GOP (and some Democrats).
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »
I wonder how many other people around the world, in addition to myself, heard a song by this band for the first time within the past week?

a lot...but the songs have been out there.. in commercials.. also at O's games...and we talked about them on the board many times.. I even posted a link to a video I took way back when I saw them many years ago .. I remember Bearman commented his baldhead was in the video

still, the connection between Homme and the band means a lot of people in the subculture that listen to this type of music would have heard of them..

of course you're stuck listening to the Old 97s, Wilco and Nada Surf (provided the shows are before 7 pm) so I don't expect you would have ever heard of them...

walk,on,by

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2015, 07:30:16 pm »
I am enjoying reading my facebook feed this evening with all the people in my area who are freaking out as if all the refugees will be coming to Virginia, mainly to Harrisonburg Virginia.

Space Freely

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2015, 07:31:42 pm »

a lot...but the songs have been out there.. in commercials.. also at O's games...and we talked about them on the board many times.. I even posted a link to a video I took way back when I saw them many years ago .. I remember Bearman commented his baldhead was in the video

still, the connection between Homme and the band means a lot of people in the subculture that listen to this type of music would have heard of them..

of course you're stuck listening to the Old 97s, Wilco and Nada Surf (provided the shows are before 7 pm) so I don't expect you would have ever heard of them...

I guess I had avoided them because:

a. somehow i associated them with Queens of the Stone Age, who i listened to once and didn't care for.

b. I'm not into death metal. And if I was, I wouldn't feel inspired to listen to some band that called themselves "Eagles of Death Metal". Perhaps if they called themselves "Gram Parsons of Death Metal" I would have been more inspired.

After listening to one song, I've got them pegged as a boring 90's grunge inspired poppy cock-rock band. Sort of a complement to Foo Fighters. Hey, if that's your bag, that's cool. It's not mine.

Space Freely

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2015, 07:32:41 pm »
I am enjoying reading my facebook feed this evening with all the people in my area who are freaking out as if all the refugees will be coming to Virginia, mainly to Harrisonburg Virginia.

My vote is to put them down in the southwest corner of the state.

walk,on,by

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2015, 07:33:23 pm »
What if they were, the old 97s of death metal?

walk,on,by

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2015, 07:34:44 pm »

My vote is to put them down in the southwest corner of the state.

I used to live there . . . That will go over well.