Author Topic: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal  (Read 49743 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Paris attacks and Eagles of Death Metal
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2015, 01:14:59 pm »
but in your estimation do "right-wingnuts" ever have a valid point about anything?

no, they don't, and that's in large part why they are wingnuts: their arguments are so baseless and nonsensical (in my opinion, obviously).

Because if they don't, how can "left-wingnuts" have a valid point about anything?

nope, same reason - regardless what side of the aisle you're on, the extremes don't make sense.  "more guns will make us safer" is no better to me than "bush planned 9/11."
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2015, 02:24:10 pm »
I wonder how many other people around the world, in addition to myself, heard a song by this band for the first time within the past week?

a lot...but the songs have been out there.. in commercials.. also at O's games...and we talked about them on the board many times.. I even posted a link to a video I took way back when I saw them many years ago .. I remember Bearman commented his baldhead was in the video

still, the connection between Homme and the band means a lot of people in the subculture that listen to this type of music would have heard of them..

of course you're stuck listening to the Old 97s, Wilco and Nada Surf (provided the shows are before 7 pm) so I don't expect you would have ever heard of them...

I guess I had avoided them because:

a. somehow i associated them with Queens of the Stone Age, who i listened to once and didn't care for.

b. I'm not into death metal. And if I was, I wouldn't feel inspired to listen to some band that called themselves "Eagles of Death Metal". Perhaps if they called themselves "Gram Parsons of Death Metal" I would have been more inspired.

After listening to one song, I've got them pegged as a boring 90's grunge inspired poppy cock-rock band. Sort of a complement to Foo Fighters. Hey, if that's your bag, that's cool. It's not mine.
LOL. The origin of their name is pretty funny, AND I think you pegging them as a grunge inspired poppy band is pretty funny. They are like 100% stoner/surfer/Americana rock band.

What's the one song you listened to where you pegged them as that? I know a ton of my friends just plain don't like them and that's cool! I just thought your assessment was funny.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »
I wonder how many other people around the world, in addition to myself, heard a song by this band for the first time within the past week?

a lot...but the songs have been out there.. in commercials.. also at O's games...and we talked about them on the board many times.. I even posted a link to a video I took way back when I saw them many years ago .. I remember Bearman commented his baldhead was in the video

still, the connection between Homme and the band means a lot of people in the subculture that listen to this type of music would have heard of them..

of course you're stuck listening to the Old 97s, Wilco and Nada Surf (provided the shows are before 7 pm) so I don't expect you would have ever heard of them...

I guess I had avoided them because:

a. somehow i associated them with Queens of the Stone Age, who i listened to once and didn't care for.

b. I'm not into death metal. And if I was, I wouldn't feel inspired to listen to some band that called themselves "Eagles of Death Metal". Perhaps if they called themselves "Gram Parsons of Death Metal" I would have been more inspired.

After listening to one song, I've got them pegged as a boring 90's grunge inspired poppy cock-rock band. Sort of a complement to Foo Fighters. Hey, if that's your bag, that's cool. It's not mine.
LOL. The origin of their name is pretty funny, AND I think you pegging them as a grunge inspired poppy band is pretty funny. They are like 100% stoner/surfer/Americana rock band.

What's the one song you listened to where you pegged them as that? I know a ton of my friends just plain don't like them and that's cool! I just thought your assessment was funny.

I dunno...whatever the song is that comes up when you google them is the song I listened to.

After the shit they've been through, I'll explore more of their music. Perhaps they'll make a fan of me yet.

Maybe this guy can do a video for them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pujXL-6GItU

Space Freely

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2015, 03:26:19 pm »

Was that map made by a left wingnut, or a right wingnut?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2015, 03:42:54 pm »
the message is from the left, but since i agree with them they are not a wingnut.  as mentioned above, someone being a wingnut is an opinion.  ratbastard would likely look at this and declare its author to be a left wingnut.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2015, 03:50:21 pm »
I wonder if Patton Oswalt is a left wingnut, or a right wingnut. Or if he is more concerned with the truth. At any rate, I bet he doesn't make Jullian's 50 Most Beautiful People list this year.

walk,on,by

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »
Actually, ratb, is gone from the forum.  His health is not great right now, and I worry big time for the guy.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2015, 03:52:01 pm »
At any rate, I bet he doesn't make Jullian's 50 Most Beautiful People list this year.
He does not, but I enjoy his bit about that terrible Christmas Shoes song.
LVMH

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2015, 03:53:28 pm »
Actually, ratb, is gone from the forum.  His health is not great right now, and I worry big time for the guy.
Wow, it's almost like there's deleterious health effects from being a tightly-wound, highly-concentrated ball of hatred.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »
Wow, it's almost like there's deleterious health effects from being a tightly-wound, highly-concentrated ball of hatred.

And yet, somehow, you seem to be doing okay.

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2015, 03:56:06 pm »

And yet, somehow, you seem to be doing okay.
You know nothing of my health, and I'll thank you to not make assumptions.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:26 pm »
this got weird.

Relaxer

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2015, 04:21:02 pm »
Weirdly awesome!
oword

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2015, 04:26:17 pm »
this got weird.
. . . says a dude who self-glossed himself "fart sound".
LVMH