Author Topic: 9:30 world's fair....?!  (Read 55067 times)

Re: 9:30 world's fair....?!
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2016, 02:20:15 pm »
Any feedback? I got the email saying they're doing t shirt printing of famous concert posters, offering free 930 Club tattoos, rebuilding parts of the old 930 Club and doing tour of the backstage? This sounds so cool!

Even though I've been backstage a few times  ::) :P I'm stoked!!
#humblebrag
Hey, I've performed on that stage, let me be proud!

Well, I too had 2 performances on the stage as well...both unpaid
I shook my keys with a gaggle of teens at a Ben Kweller show
and shook my rump at Fat Boy Slim show

#beproud
slack

Got Haggis?

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2016, 02:32:34 pm »
Saw quite a few shows at the old club - mainly industrial type bands. Saw Cop Shoot Cop there on my 21st bd.

bearman🐻

« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2016, 03:49:30 pm »
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6828963/930-club-book-best-shows-washington-dc?utm_source=twitter

Happy that I've seen Iggy at the new club, and I saw Kraftwerk, Deep Purple and Foos there. Very cool. Excellent choices Seth!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »
Any feedback? I got the email saying they're doing t shirt printing of famous concert posters, offering free 930 Club tattoos, rebuilding parts of the old 930 Club and doing tour of the backstage? This sounds so cool!

#humblebrag
Hey, I've performed on that stage, let me be proud!

Well, I too had 2 performances on the stage as well...both unpaid
I shook my keys with a gaggle of teens at a Ben Kweller show
and shook my rump at Fat Boy Slim show

#beproud
Interestingly enough the first time I went into the "main" green room was just about 2 weeks ago when my buddy Willy played. Other than that I ended up in the smaller green rooms. I like the semi-catwalk-ish that overlooks the left side of the stage. Cool little vantage point. Can't wait to check out the tour!
‼‼?‼‼

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2016, 05:03:55 pm »

My one thought was "how can you recreate the old club without the smell?"

well that's easy

we will make it smell

I will be bringing enough Claritin to share then....

Got Haggis?

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »
So my buddy has tickets (including 1 for me) but they are will call and he found out he won't be in town. Anyone have an extra ticket for two for before Saturday?

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2016, 08:06:15 pm »
100 FWB points for a 9:30 tattoo (which are free at the WF)
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2016, 09:39:29 pm »
The exhibit is a ton of fun.. most impressive is the library of vinyl and CDs in chronological order of all the headliners.
T.Rex

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2016, 02:01:49 am »
It was really good! Walked in not knowing what to expect and it definitely  exceeded my expectations
the music, the memorabilia and the video (and interviews) were all just great
Was there almost 2 hours and didn't even realize it (like any good show at the 9:30)

Thanks Seth and the 930 staff

slack

lily1

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2016, 07:45:50 am »
Hey Seth! Thanks so much for this fabulous retrospective. It was a great homage to the club, its fans, the staph, etc. Really really enjoyed it.

Here's to another 35 years!

Yada

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2016, 08:44:18 am »
It was really good! Walked in not knowing what to expect and it definitely  exceeded my expectations
Was there almost 2 hours and didn't even realize it (like any good show at the 9:30)

How packed was it?? Trying to squeeze in a quick visit but don't have a ton of time.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2016, 09:00:01 am »
I saw on Twitter a couple pictures people had taken of the Artists CDs from their first show at the club, which is a pretty cool thing to do.  Also, I own two of the albums they had highlighted in the vinyl collection.  Minor Threat and Tommy Keene.. 
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2016, 09:09:26 am »
It was a pretty incredible experience. Thank you Seth and all the 9:30 folks through the years that made the WF possible. Lots of emotions...mostly good, but I was also really missing people like Josh, Big Phil and Mike Sims. I've celebrated birthdays at the club, major life events. When I start to think beyond the music and to all the people I've known over the years, the 9:30 is a focal point in my life. It's the one place I always have a great time, where I feel at home. So much to reflect on, and what's cool about the WF is that it gives you a lot of flashbacks. Going with Bombay and Lily really reminded me of so many things I had forgotten about. I'm still processing the evening, sorry if I'm disjointed. It was tremendous. Oh, and the book is cool as hell too.

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:51 am »

How packed was it?? Trying to squeeze in a quick visit but don't have a ton of time.
Wasn't packed at all.  you could do it quick, but there is just a lot of stuff to look at and see.
Doing it in 10-15 mins could be done if that's your only option
but I'd say to really get the immersive experience and see/hear everything you need 90 mins
slack

hutch