Author Topic: KPOP JPOP CPOP ?POP  (Read 42540 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

killsaly

Re: KPOP JPOP CPOP ?POP
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 02:04:54 pm »
Digging Laboum - Fresh Adventure

Relaxer

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »
I tried that Laboum and found it too ballady and mid-tempo for me. I didn't think it was bad, just not enough to grab me. I like my beats to be bangin and my teenagers to be shrieking.

oword

killsaly

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2016, 03:28:05 pm »
I thought 상상더하기 and 3 Strike Out had good beats.  Caterpillar is a ballad of course, also not my thing, but I did like the two aforementioned tracks. 

killsaly

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »
https://soundcloud.com/killsaly/oh-my-girl-b612-killsaly-mixital-tek-babymetal-moderat-dj-mix
오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) - B612 Killsaly DJ mix (versus new tracks by Ital Tek, Babymetal, Moderat )

^ something I made the other day while bored

I am happy with it minus like a four second section around 1:16...

This is the reason I am getting JPOP and KPOP tracks, for DJ mixes, not for purely listening to them like I do a lot of other music.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 03:47:52 pm by killsaly »

Relaxer

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 02:56:42 pm »
Just bought tix to the Babymetal show at the Fillmore. I don't love the new album, but I suspect I'll be kicking myself in the dick if I miss this show.
oword

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 12:48:30 pm »
relaxer is probably the promoter for this..but just incase he didn't know

slack

Relaxer

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 11:11:28 am »
I'm so bummed I missed that ^^^ but I just couldn't make it.

Meanwhile, I am LOVING this ep:

HyunA -- A'wesome ep

HyunA was the *real* brains behind the tragically now-defunct 4Minute, but her fans can be comforted by the fact that this may be the best Asian pop release of the year.
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2017, 10:15:51 pm »
My casual flirtation with Kpop is going full scale fanboy at the moment.  I knew the line was crossed when I get excited a new Red Velvet mini album dropped today and yesterday i was looking at the social media for signs of a new blackpink release...

T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2017, 10:49:10 pm »
Oh, Kosmo, you'll be hoeing it up with random skanks a la Relaxer by the end of the month. . .
LVMH

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 10:58:21 pm »
Meanwhile, I am LOVING this ep:
HyunA -- A'wesome ep
I like this so far....thanks for the recommendation and listing to her other stuff...roll deep!

now I can come to the table with a good reco for my young KPOP fans (sad times)

I did find this interesting foot note...She is also well known for her appearance in Psy's worldwide hit "Gangnam Style",

edit...
the visuals part of KPOP really disturbs me
There is an element of... they all look like skinny high school girls...who are just a little naughty with their super short shorts.

is it all music factory stuff or does an artist like HyunA actually write the songs?
or does she just show up for the vocal tracks and photo shoots....endless photo shoots, videos about photo shoots.   

the imagery of KPOP (hardly differs from western corporate pop music for the last 60 years)

IMO seriously discredits this genre
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:24:27 pm by AmericanCarnage 🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🚀 »
slack

hutch

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 11:21:42 pm »
I dont' get it...its like the Backstreet Boys but with Korean preteen females?? WTF is this?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 02:32:29 am »
I dont' get it...its like the Backstreet Boys but with Korean preteen females?? WTF is this?

And just to start this thread out right, let's all enjoy the greatest KPOP song ever: Gee by Girls Generation. Just look at them! God I wish we could embed YouTubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

i can't imagine why this is popular with older married men.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 06:46:32 am »
You guys are over thinking this.. Just listen to them sweetly singing the la la la's and smile inside
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 09:42:09 am »
But I really enjoy Girl's Generation's last full length "Lionheart".  Like a lot of k-pop it runs the gamut of bubblegum, ballads, etc.

And yes I have wondered myself about some of the imagery of k-pop and Oh My Girl and Red Velvet really do push the edge of that.  And plastic surgery is pretty much a given amongst k-pop stars. But, I tend to just listen to the music and certainly don't need to follow the stuff on social media
T.Rex