Author Topic: Coldplay hate thread...please share your stories of disgust  (Read 32175 times)

Re: Coldplay hate thread...please share your stories of disgust
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 12:29:53 pm »
Walkie...Coldplay Fans Wanted For Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show

Why because the people actually in the stadium all can't stand them?

Be of sound physical health and capable of vigorous physical activity without assistance, including walking long distances and the ability to run onto & off of the field as directed without stopping (really, we mean run). There will be no exceptions made to this rule. The ability to run quickly is an essential function of your participation and a requirement for safety. If you are not able to run, it poses a serious safety risk to both you and to other Fan Participants
slack

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 02:24:45 pm »
way back when, i took a date to a coldplay show.  really good seats.  she turned out to be a total basket case... what a waste of a good ticket.  i've hated coldplay ever since.

Yes, blame the band an not your poor taste in women up until you got lucky and met your wife in a very vulnerable state.
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 03:43:56 pm »
I like "The Scientist"
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 03:50:21 pm »
I like "The Scientist"
this is the coldplay hate thread, not the I'm going to publicy shame myself thread
slack

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
your thread will die . . . and fade away.  chris, is smiling.
not going to let that happen!

I figure on the eve of Feb 7th this thread will be littered with commentary on how much they sucked the life out of America with one musical performace
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
‼‼?‼‼

Unsanity

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2016, 08:09:43 am »
Coldplay stink. I saw them three times at HFS events back in the day. They went from an opening slot at the HFSmas Nutcracker in 2001 to headlining it in 2002. Both times I was not enthused. Nickelback was at the 2001 one and I thought they had the better show!

Then I saw them at an HFStival and they put on a slightly better show. A lightning storm was going on outside of the city and it made it cooler(?). But so many other bands killed it that day (Social D, Foo Fighters, NY Dolls, Billy Idol etc) to make their performance negligible.

wml7

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2016, 08:15:47 am »
Coldplay stink. I saw them three times at HFS events back in the day. They went from an opening slot at the HFSmas Nutcracker in 2001 to headlining it in 2002. Both times I was not enthused. Nickelback was at the 2001 one and I thought they had the better show!

Then I saw them at an HFStival and they put on a slightly better show. A lightning storm was going on outside of the city and it made it cooler(?). But so many other bands killed it that day (Social D, Foo Fighters, NY Dolls, Billy Idol etc) to make their performance negligible.

I was at that lightning show and it was pretty good.  I don't mind them at all.  Here is my video of them doing a tribute to REM, so you guys can hate them some more
 ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5lt1WkO3wU

dyecraig

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2016, 09:00:00 am »
the steelers are done and i'll be at the wilco show, so it all worked out fine for me.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2016, 11:57:13 am »
. Nickelback was at the 2001 one and I thought they had the better show!
\

Now that says volumes!
slack

killsaly

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »
Coldplay stink.  Nickelback was at the 2001 one and I thought they had the better show!
(Social D, Foo Fighters, NY Dolls, Billy Idol etc) to make their performance negligible.
Jeez that sounds like torture...

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 01:45:31 pm »
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 12:43:14 am »
. Nickelback was at the 2001 one and I thought they had the better show!
\

Now that says volumes!

Yes it does! I had no idea who Nickelback really was at that point. I remember the bass drum had a pot leaf on it and Chad Kroeger wore a white t-shirt also with a pot leaf emblazoned on it. I was hoping they would be cool but they sounded like a watered down Seven Mary Three but that was still better than Coldplay at the time haha.

Space Freely

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2016, 09:54:09 am »
My eight year old wannabea music daughter's halftime show commentary:

"In 20 years music is gonna be way better 'cause I'm gonna change it."

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:59 am »
that was so horrible.. i'm going to have nightmares.. even heavy metal drummer would have been better than that...
it was  ;D
slack