Author Topic: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45  (Read 103200 times)

hutch

Re: My Journey into Becoming Single Again at Age 45
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2016, 11:15:33 am »
we barely know who you are (relaxer) and if you don't give any deets on who they are....not sure how this could be an ethical issues

Hemingway

« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2016, 11:25:25 am »
we barely know who you are (relaxer) and if you don't give any deets on who they are....not sure how this could be an ethical issues

Hemingway
I was thinking more Henry Miller, but wahduino
slack

saintangelsin

« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2016, 09:16:12 pm »
Damn, Relaxer, you've been super busy lately lol. Here I thought the thread went cold and then tonight, I found all this amusing stuff to read. The anime girl sounds kickass. You have to be pretty awesome to just randomly buy a tuba. She sounds like some fantastic character out of an episode of Portlandia ha.

The mother of your son's friend thing sounds like some crazy ish. I'd jump ship before getting caught. Nothing more awkward than explaining to your son why Johnny's mom was over and left her panties in a hurry. (Real talk - sure kids sleep soundly but they're also expert ninjas when it comes to sneaking around at night. I only know this because 20 years ago, I was a kid and I snuck out of bed and caught my older half sister with a guy. Thank God it was nothing graphic! She was 20 at the time and was babysitting me and our younger sister overnight.)

As for the twins, not sure whether to laugh, give you a high five, or find it a bit creepy. Wanting a Dom is one thing, but wanting a daddy Dom is just a bit ewe in my opinion. You'll have to let us know if the girls are real or if it's a scam! Either way, the story will be a popcorn kind of read.

Relaxer

« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2016, 02:48:09 pm »
No word back from the twins yet, that ship may have sailed (or never existed in the first place).

Ok, I need some brainstorming help. Tonight I'm seeing a woman who was born in Thailand and has been in the US for about 10 years, I think. We'd originally planned dinner and drinks, but now she's saying she wants "to do something fun." Something fun? Something fun? What is that? I don't know what's fun. What do people do for fun? Meaning, people that are not like us music nerds.

I need ideas and I need them fast. I can dance so that's a possibility, but where does someone go to dance on a Monday night? I suppose I could propose a bar with games like pool or board games, but which bar is that exactly?

Anyone got any bright ideas?
oword

hutch

« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2016, 03:01:10 pm »
She sounds high maintenance....

Relaxer

« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2016, 03:04:50 pm »
Possibly but maybe she's just as tired with the dinner-and-drinks-and-chat circuit that I am and wants to do something more active. Let's go with that theory as you all come up with brilliant ideas.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2016, 03:05:32 pm »
No word back from the twins yet, that ship may have sailed (or never existed in the first place).

Ok, I need some brainstorming help. Tonight I'm seeing a woman who was born in Thailand and has been in the US for about 10 years, I think. We'd originally planned dinner and drinks, but now she's saying she wants "to do something fun." Something fun? Something fun? What is that? I don't know what's fun. What do people do for fun? Meaning, people that are not like us music nerds.

I need ideas and I need them fast. I can dance so that's a possibility, but where does someone go to dance on a Monday night? I suppose I could propose a bar with games like pool or board games, but which bar is that exactly?

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Long ago, when I was single in the 90's, I did the personals. So I was always having to fulfill the "fun" request, as if just being with me in and of itself was anything less than a thrill a minute.

How about bowling? Or miniature golf? An art gallery? Comet PING PONG? Asians like ping pong, right?

The first woman I ever met via a personal ad suggested we meet at a laundromat. And we did.  Perhaps she wanted to check out my underwear. No sparks but at least I got my laundry done. She said her favorite thing to do in the whole world was driving around the Baltimore Beltway late at night. Perhaps I lack imagination, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't suggesting it as a first date activity, but that didn't appeal to me.

hutch

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2016, 03:09:57 pm »
This is tough to resist.....Madams Organ:

Monday, April 4

One Nite Stand

Reggae
Funk
R&B
Heating up the place with the wicked licks of his saxophone, is D.C.'s own Walter Tates, Jr, the banging bass of B.T. Richardson, the hot strings of lead guitarist Tony Harrod, the irresistible beat of "Biscuit", on the drums. Audiences are inspired to move to the tantalizing groove of One Nite Stand, with their Caribbean Dance . A guaranteed good time is awaiting you each and every Monday night.

----

Actually I am not recommending Madams Organ as its a bit divey...so far I got nothing

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2016, 03:11:18 pm »
You could always just buy a tuba and see where that takes you...

hutch

« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2016, 03:13:14 pm »
the problem is my idea of fun tonight would probably be getting plowed eating buffalo wings watching NCAA final...

Relaxer

« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »
the problem is my idea of fun tonight would probably be getting plowed eating buffalo wings watching NCAA final...

Well I like the "getting plowed" part.

Thanks guys, these are all solid gold ideas.
oword

hutch

« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2016, 03:16:52 pm »
maybe you shoudl try that songbyrd place.. i like the idea of cutting a record.. don't know if the machine works..take the tuba
http://www.washingtonian.com/2015/04/21/5-things-to-look-for-at-songbyrd-record-cafe/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/songbyrd-record-cafe-washington

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »
So what I really want to know is
Have updated your tinder pic with your arms stretched wide
slack