Author Topic: Human Weight Issues  (Read 51076 times)

hutch

Re: Human Weight Issues
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
so what is the best way to combat belly fat? (please no dumb ass statements bout not drinking beer).. is there an exercise one can do at a gym?  or does one have to periodically go in for a vacumm suction?

i don't believe you can "target" one area.  

your body happens stores most of its fat around the belly (as is the case with most men), so losing weight = belly will shrink most noticeably.

but what if a person is thin?.. its nice to have some extra "reserve" like in case of an accident or something....when I had my accident a few years ago i sure could have used a "reserve"... just why does it have to be around the belly? it should be more evenly distributed is the thing..

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »

Can't say that makes a lick of sense to me but then again I'm not a curvy woman so what would I know?
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2016, 03:26:41 pm »
May*

Just like skinny women may be more intelligent than "curvy" women.

I also tend to lean more towards "curvy" having meat on their bones vs being overweight... Like Beyoncé. She isn't fat or overweight, but she's curvy as hell. I hate that "curvy" has gone into the "BBW" realm.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »
If she's "curvy", count me in. I'm 49, therefore less inclined to be picky.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2016, 05:24:43 pm »
Your body will adapt to your level of activity and food consumption. This adaptation will change as you age. Someone who eats and exercises a lot may be the same weight as someone else (same sex, height, age) who eats and exercises less. But the more active person will probably have a lower body fat percentage. If that percentage is low enough, they will appear fit and lean, perhaps "ripped".

If you want to reduce your belly fat then you have to increase your activity and/or reduce your consumption. Your body will adjust to your new level of activity and consumption. At some point your body will have made its adjustment. If this new state is unsatisfactory (you've "plateaued") then you have to make further adjustments to your activity/consumption (increase/decrease). Once your body has adjusted to your satisfaction, you then need to either keep up your present level of activity/consumption or make very small adjustments to see how your body responds.

If you want to lose weight you need to use more energy than you consume (more activity and/or less food). It's far better to consume less AND exercise more so that you lose mostly body fat, otherwise you may lose too much muscle as well (which can lead to being "skinny fat": lower weight but same or higher body fat percentage). You can't choose where to lose your fat (unless you elect surgical methods); your arms and legs will "lean out" before the last of your belly fat can disappear.

As for reducing your calorie intake, you can take one or more of a few tacks: Smaller portions of everything, same portions but of lower calorie versions, or cut out something that's caloric but nutritionally inert. Very recently, I completely cut soda from my diet. I was consuming as much as 1,000 calories of it daily (already down 6 pounds in 2 weeks, but I'm exercising more as well). That shit is really insidious. Beer isn't any better. If you drink beer, stick to the high quality stuff that's consumed in small portions (because that shit costs money). Beer bellies are caused by the commercial swill that's intended for high consumption. People drink it to get drunk; some people require several servings to get wasted. By the time they get there, they've consumed 500 calories or more. Then they drink more.
😐 🎶

« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2016, 11:18:38 am »

If you want to know why people are fat in this country, look no further than the logic that literally burning <20 calories should be rewarded with eating ~1100 calories.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2016, 11:32:19 am »
I think we've said it all....starting to repeat ourselves

hutch

« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2016, 12:13:06 pm »
I leave you with this

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/miss-italy-runner-up-responds-after-being-brutally-body-shamed-105011005.html
I love the hypocrisy of "I am voluntarily entering an outdated, retrogressive competition that assigns worth to women based on others' opinion of their physical appearance and I'm mad as hell that someone has an opinion on my physical appearance."
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 10:18:53 am »
trump fat-shamed hackers last night - I DEMAND A HOT TAKE!!!
<sig>

« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 10:52:21 am »
If you have a problem with someone pointing out you're 400 pounds, don't be 400 pounds.

LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2016, 11:08:33 am »
Aren't metric pounds, like, less than half of American pounds? Or does Trump not do metric?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2016, 12:05:32 pm »
If you have a problem with someone pointing out you're 400 pounds, don't be 400 pounds.

more of a lukewarm take, but i guess i'll take it... certainly can't argue with it.
<sig>

« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2016, 12:31:43 pm »
Aren't metric pounds, like, less than half of American pounds? Or does Trump not do metric?
Metric pounds are pounds, converted to liters, then expressed as a ratio to kilometers traveled per centisecond.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2016, 01:46:58 pm »
/mind boggles/

You forgot to divide by pie.