Author Topic: Twitter thread  (Read 171518 times)

Re: Twitter thread
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2019, 03:40:10 pm »
there, ya happy now?
yes, I'd say my work is done here.... but we must have more lol's, so I must persist...

stay classy boys, stay classy
@jaredbkeller
US troops left behind dick drawings at an abandoned Syrian camp they knew Russian soldiers would take over

What is even funnier is that Roman soldiers did a similar thing 1800 years ago
https://taskandpurpose.com/penis-drawing-hadrians-wall
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:47:08 pm by Ron Vara hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2019, 02:55:43 pm »

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2019, 12:35:18 pm »
Umm...how did possum every hour not let me know this was yesterday! 
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2019, 12:36:59 pm »
Umm...how did possum every hour not let me know this was yesterday! 

Shiit. I missed that as well. Now I have to wait a year to have a proper celebration.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2019, 02:54:50 pm »
how does one celebrate national opossum day?  run one over, then cook it up?
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »
I'm listening to possum, by phish.  We have a ton in my yard at night.  They so cute.  And they eat up dem there bugs.   Their feet are, precious.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2019, 03:29:53 pm »
Their feet are, precious.

yes, but those teeth - NASTY.

in MD, we had some in the backyard.  weird creatures.  seemed unafraid of humans, i practically had to kick one to get it to move away from our composter.  here in WA, i only see them dead on the side of the road.  a lot of them.  hence my previous post...
<sig>

« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33:08 pm »
hey...let's honor and not disrespect North America's only marsupial and one of the few mammals that lived during the dinosaurs time and still around today

TIL I learned the cute little buggers only live 2-4 years

Their feet are, precious.

another fun fact...have opposing thumbs on their hind legs!
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2019, 03:37:13 pm »
hanother fun fact...have opposing thumbs on their hind legs!

Um...those aren't their thumbs.

« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »
hanother fun fact...have opposing thumbs on their hind legs!

Um...those aren't their thumbs.
Opossums have opposable thumbs on their hind feet which help them to grip branches and climb. They are the only non-primates with opposable thumbs. Opossums have the most teeth of any North American mammal.
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2019, 04:06:28 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2019, 04:56:03 pm »
hey...let's honor and not disrespect North America's only marsupial

we honor them, by eating them:

"Strachey's notes describe the opossum as a "beast in bigness of a pig and in taste alike,"
"The Virginia opossum was once widely hunted and consumed in the United States. Opossum farms have been operated in the United States in the past. Sweet potatoes were eaten together with the possum in America's southern area. South Carolina cuisine includes opossum, and President Jimmy Carter hunted opossums in addition to other small game. Raccoon, opossum, partridges, prairie hen, and frogs were among the fare Mark Twain recorded as part of American cuisine.

(weeeeeeki)

and one of the few mammals that lived during the dinosaurs time and still around today

not quite:

The study, to be published in PLoS One on Dec. 16, shows that peradectids, a family of marsupials known from fossils mostly found in North America and Eurasia, are a sister group of all living opossums.
(...)
Opossum-like peradectids first appeared on the continent about 65 million years ago, at the time of the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event, which killed the dinosaurs.
(...)
The study also analyzes two 30-million-year-old skeletons of Herpetotheriidae, the sister group of all living marsupials.
Based on fossil evidence from the skull and two skeletons, the study's authors concluded the evolutionary split between the ancestor of opossums and the ancestor of all other living marsupials occurred at least 65 million years ago

(sciencedaily)

so it's the ancestor of the opposum, not the opposum itself, that emerged after the dinosaur's extinction.

KNOW YOUR HISTORY IF YOU'RE GOING TO CLAIM TO BE A FAN.

(aside: for xmas, i'll be going to the closest point on land to the impact site of the meteor that caused the K/T extinction event - wo0t!)
<sig>

« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2019, 05:07:14 pm »
not quite
but how many of the other loser mammals that people love can claim 65 million years of heritage
and jez, what's with all the facts, that's so last century

oh and trust me the hatred of Twain in with the Opossum fans is well documented
kinda sucks we now have to add Carter to that list
slack

vansmack

27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2019, 05:57:21 pm »
but how many of the other loser mammals that people love can claim 65 million years of heritage

uh... all of them?  animals don't just appear out of thin air...

and jez, what's with all the facts, that's so last century

fuck
<sig>