Author Topic: Twitter thread  (Read 175228 times)

Re: Twitter thread
« Reply #345 on: November 12, 2020, 09:29:58 pm »

I expect my opinion to end on bad takes....
why does that give me so much pleasure...it really shouldn't, but I'm a shallow person ;)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2020, 03:57:25 am »
Never heard of this guy, but the British have such a way with the delivery that Americans can't even touch
https://twitter.com/JonathanPieNews/status/1326102420913582080?s=20

jonathan pie is amazing.  if you haven't heard of him, do look him up.  he is the epitome of refined english sarcasm, satire and observational humour.

his schtick, in case you haven't guessed it, is that he's a serious news anchor that goes off on rants between stories, while the camera is supposedly off: "... and now over to Bob with sports." <insert profane yet eloquent rant> "Thank you Bob.  Our next story is about the rise of Labour in the Midlands thanks to their etc..."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:59:49 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2020, 09:33:48 am »
he is the epitome of refined english sarcasm, satire and observational humour.
He's their me?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2020, 04:30:52 pm »
He's their me?

oh how quaint.  no no, you misunderstand, he's the opposite of you.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »
He's their me?

oh how quaint.  no no, you misunderstand, he's the opposite of you.
Right, in that he's English. I got you. But other than that. . .
LVMH

« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2020, 11:28:56 pm »

Christopher Dickie@CEO_NSRC
Get yourself a social distancing cat. It’s the real game changer
slack

« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2020, 11:23:22 am »
The Daily Show doesn't disappoint

Twitter has had it
slack

« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2020, 11:53:17 am »
If I had one regret in life, is I could never put together long-winded, yet hysterical insults

Edward Norton@EdwardNorton
I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #353 on: November 20, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
If I had one regret in life, is I could never put together long-winded, yet hysterical insults

Edward Norton@EdwardNorton
I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying

yeah that's up there with David Simon
T.Rex

« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2020, 12:04:50 am »
shauna@goldengateblond
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS

slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

« Reply #356 on: November 27, 2020, 02:50:11 pm »
New York Times Pitchbot@DougJBalloon
Liberals love Tiny Desk musical performances. So why do they hate tiny desk press conferences?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #357 on: November 27, 2020, 05:01:10 pm »
This is my shocked face... Ted c. “Little Idiot Of TX” is giving kudos to the new anti lockdown effort from Washed Up and Who Gives a Damn About You Anymore.., oh and apparently Liberals hate rock and roll,  clearly Ted C. Is not aware of this liberal bastion of Rock and Roll lovers
T.Rex

« Reply #358 on: November 27, 2020, 05:23:54 pm »
This is my shocked face... Ted c. “Little Idiot Of TX” is giving kudos to the new anti lockdown effort from Washed Up and Who Gives a Damn About You Anymore.., oh and apparently Liberals hate rock and roll,  clearly Ted C. Is not aware of this liberal bastion of Rock and Roll lovers

you really should have posted what he said

@tedcruz
The irony is rich. Dems are destroying many of their core constituencies: Hollywood, Broadway, pro sports, and Rock & Roll.

Bravo to Clapton and Van Morrison for having the courage to stand up to virtue-signaling Lefties & defend the thousands who work in the arts.
@tedcruz
3/3 Why do Dems hate Rock & Roll?

although he is probably right, there are about 1001 republicans in the Arts (I think the majority actually work in the accounting dept)
I do think he is off on pro-sports tho...

What's even funnier is he hasn't listen to rock n roll since 2001 https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ted-cruz-rock-music-116353
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:28:33 pm by we have neither here-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #359 on: November 27, 2020, 05:30:00 pm »
I dunno was feeling ranty..

And while this doesn’t appear to be an anti lockdown song, one should be suspect of any charity that appears out of nowhere... smells like a grift to me.. I’d much rather go with an established organization
T.Rex