Author Topic: The "I can't believe there isn't a Rio thread" thread  (Read 11747 times)

hutch

Re: The "I can't believe there isn't a Rio thread" thread
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2016, 10:22:51 am »
^what a loser

walk,on,by

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:00 am »
Ooh . . . new page, bad placement.

hutch

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 11:27:43 am »
yes I noticed but A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back"

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:09 am »
yes I noticed but A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back"
That's, my favorite, Ataris song.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:48 am »

Is that the Ataris? God that is a horrid cover....

killsaly

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2016, 11:31:46 am »
 :o

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2016, 11:31:49 am »

Is that the Ataris? God that is a horrid cover....
I'm sure other people have covered it but yes, the one that was all over the radio circa-2004 was The Ataris.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2016, 01:40:18 pm »
"careful and candid"

F'in lawyers.
27>34

walk,on,by

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2016, 11:52:47 am »
The whole, Ryan Lochte thing is interesting.  People are saying his career is done, and if you go to his Twitter account I would say his career right now, is done.

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2016, 12:59:47 pm »
The whole, Ryan Lochte thing is interesting.  People are saying his career is done, and if you go to his Twitter account I would say his career right now, is done.
Um, he's 33 years old in an Olympic sport. Yes, his swimming career is for all intents and purposes done. As it was before this incident.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2016, 05:34:03 pm »
well its his endorsement career that is the problem...its going to take a big hit... but  in general i got to think it will blow over... i mean i think he did a really stupid thing but lets not crucify the guy.. he didn't kill anybody.

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2016, 06:52:36 pm »
He also, according to even the agreed upon current story, was robbed. If you pee on something and someone demands you give them money at gunpoint as remuneration, you were robbed.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »
He also, according to even the agreed upon current story, was robbed. If you pee on something and someone demands you give them money at gunpoint as remuneration, you were robbed.

I don't know..they were security guards and Lochte did not want to wait for the cops...they were trying to split....we just don't know exactly how events unfolded....If somebody vandalizes your place and tries to leave and the guards hold the person by pointing a gun... that in itself is not robbery..seems pretty standard..... Lochte was by all accounts rather belligerent.. how events unfolded in as far as a need for payment is concerned I don't know.....

I just would much rather think of Americans abroad like those guys that helped stop the terrorist on the train in Europe last summer (?) than this Lochte clown.... but we've got both! (probably like every other country)

I just don't think he killed anyone or even really hurt anyone.. more like gave a black eye to our country.. helps perpetuates the "ugly american" idea... People in other countries don't need any more reasons to hate us....(mostly unjustified in my view)

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2016, 08:14:01 pm »
You're under the impression that if you call the cops on someone and they attempt to flee the scene (in a non-violent manner) you can detain them at gun point?
LVMH