Author Topic: Official 930 Club COLONOSCOPY thread  (Read 44623 times)

Re: Official 930 Club COLONOSCOPY thread
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2021, 10:05:49 am »
I forgot, we actually have a thread for this :)

I know this isn't the medical questions thread, but what are people's opinion on Cologuard
they sure do advertize a lot
I'd rather poop in a box and mail it than have a Dr stick a long, flexible, tubular instrument about 1/2-inch in diameter up to my Large intestine
slack

Starsky

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2021, 10:12:20 am »
Fuck that shit!

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2021, 10:17:05 am »
wait, are you contemplating having sex with my stool sample??
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2021, 10:21:22 am »
First time I've heard of it, but I think I'll stick with the tried and true.

As a board-certified colon & rectal surgeon, I’m often asked about the differences between colonoscopies with your doctor vs. the Cologuard at-home test. Cologuard has raised lots of hype recently with all the tv, print and digital advertising. Questions have been raised: Is Cologuard as safe as a colonoscopy? Is Cologuard as effective as a colonoscopy? Unfortunately, the answer is no.

Cologuard does not prevent colon cancer like colonoscopies do

Cologuard is a do-it-yourself, mail-in DNA test that helps detect some colon cancers—but it’s not a great preventative because it detects cancers only AFTER you have developed it. On the other hand, a colonoscopy PREVENTS colon cancer by removing the potentially cancerous polyps before they become cancerous. Colonoscopies detect 92% of colorectal cancers and precancerous polyps. That’s a big, potentially lifesaving difference that supports colonoscopy over other screening methods.

As a colonoscopy provider, I will carefully examine your large bowel using a thin, high-tech tube with a tiny camera at the end, and remove cancer-causing polyps. The procedure is completely painless, and takes less than 30 minutes. The polyps are sent to the lab and analyzed to identify the type of polyp(s) you have. That way I know when we need to see you next.

Cologuard, however, involves no visual element and no removal of cells. It detects the presence of abnormal DNA through testing your stool—and 42% of the time it does not catch precancerous polyps. It detects only 69% of polyps with high-grade dysplasia, which is a term that describes how much your polyp(s) looks like cancer under the microscope. These statistics published by the government’s National Institute of Health (NIH) provide troubling data, and indicate Cologuard is far less effective than colonoscopy.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2021, 10:22:32 am »
I've used the cologard at my Dr's suggestion. I've done it both ways and much prefer shitting in a box. May not be as accurate but worth the risk in my case

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2021, 11:37:29 am »
wait, are you contemplating having sex with my stool sample??
Guys, I am not going to use my literary talents to write erotic forum fan-fiction. Stop trying to goad me.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2021, 12:41:41 pm »
My Dr specifically advised against those kind of tests

Geezus how bad can a colonoscopy be?

Man up

Yada

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2021, 01:55:18 pm »
My Dr specifically advised against those kind of tests

Geezus how bad can a colonoscopy be?

Man up

As a younger boardee that has had two!!! (OMG), it's not really that bad... It's the prep that's not great, however, treat it as a cleanse.

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2021, 02:08:42 pm »

As a younger boardee that has had two!!!
Jules, not sure how you can incorporate this into your erotic fan fiction, but two assholes can really be a great plot device
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2021, 08:35:12 pm »
Thank God for this thread.  Based on the time frame of when I had my last one, I realized it's time for me to pucker up the ass again.

Cue Julian's hot story.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2021, 08:26:26 am »
yeah...the prep sucks.  I'll box mine...thanks.

Space Freely

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2021, 08:47:14 am »
yeah...the prep sucks.  I'll box mine...thanks.

At the risk of posting something positive, I love the cleaned out feeling after the prep.

Starsky

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2021, 08:47:53 am »
How dare you!! You just did that to spite me

vansmack

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2021, 11:47:30 am »
I've had like 10, and yes the prep is still the worst part, but there are ways to make it better:

(1) Get a Toto, warm the seat, wash the bum.  Life changing.
(2) Sit on the pot with your feet raised.  Anything that will keep your feet raised about a foot above the ground (and keeps your knees above your waist) will be more comfortable and easier to flow.
(3) If you have to drink the liquid prep, keep the liquid in a cooler or ice bucket next to you, and only pour enough that you will drink at a time.  The colder the liquid, the easier it will go down.
(4) Binge-watch something while you're on the pot - grab a tablet or laptop and watch something you're really into.  You'll be shocked how fast time will fly by.
27>34

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2021, 11:56:11 am »
10!
jez, do you get a badge for that?
Is your next one free

don't you do these at some sort of clinic/dr's office...how do you get the toto in there?

I'm a big fan of the bidet, added one to my toilet and it really was life-changing, I'm not joking
cost $99   and I was able to install (meaning easy and limited tools)
I don't have the warm water, but I can deal and the seat isn't heated

I think the feet raised thing is recommended daily too
slack