Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 258232 times)

shemptiness

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #615 on: October 10, 2017, 11:04:16 am »
Anybody else get the email for tonight's show without the attached tickets?

Yada

« Reply #616 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:27 am »

yes, but received an immediate follow up email after.

Mateo2kcpa

« Reply #617 on: October 10, 2017, 11:07:21 am »
Most of our issues were already addressed here, but I'll point out a few more.

The bar on the lower level left, if you're facing the stage, wasn't great.  They got snippy with people trying to order food. I get that the bar tender had said countless times that they couldn't order food at that bar, but the people walking up to order have no clue.  The response seemed to be a loud "NO!" and after a few seconds "You have to order from over there!"

Awkward interaction at the same bar:

Me: "Can I also get a cider?"
Bartender: "For what?"
Awkward pause while we stare at each other
My wife: "For me. For money."

The seating on the far ends of the rows (not the aisles) of the 2nd tier seating have no arm rest at the end. So, it's just a jabby piece of metal instead of an arm rest. There's plenty of space for an armrest. Right now it's just stabby. It's not great.

The lighting issue is major.  Wireless internet was spotty at best, which normally wouldn't be an issue, but there's zero cell reception. We often meet up with people at a show, and need some way to get in touch with them.

We came hungry and ready to try the food, but were told it was an hour wait, so we passed.  I'm not going to stand by a counter for an hour to get a sandwich and an ice cream. 

What really jumped out to me was the lack of munchy type food.  Cone of fries, popcorn, something we could stand and eat, and share, while still holding a beer. 

Aside from that first bar, every single usher and bartender were great. Very nice, friendly, polite, and excited. Great to talk to about the venue.  Staff seemed excited to be there, and excited to talk a bout the area they were working, their favorite parts of the architecture, etc.

Sound quality was good, though I thought it was a bit unnecessarily loud.

Bat Fangs stole the show. It was disappointing to get home and realize there was no music to buy from them. And nothing to really share/send to other people to say "Check out this band".  Can't wait for their 2018 album, and hope to see them again soon.

I'll be interested to see how often they do seats on the floor, but I imagine I'll be in the 2nd and 3rd tiers for shows I go to. Sound and sightlines are terrific.

Not sure I'm in love with the cashless bars. I think it will lead to slowdowns for busy shows. At 9:30, it's easy to go up with a $10, get a beer, and leave the change as tip, and roll out.

shemptiness

« Reply #618 on: October 10, 2017, 11:09:32 am »

yes, but received an immediate follow up email after.

I didn't get a followup email but I found them when I logged on to my ticketfly account.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #619 on: October 10, 2017, 01:27:05 pm »
The stage is impressively big.  The bands were really only using about 40% of it, as the proscenium was bumped forward and they didn't use the wings at all.  Can't wait to see how the Foo's will fill it!

i'm curious too.  hopefully folks in the balconies will post bird's-eye shots of the stage/floor.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #620 on: October 10, 2017, 01:33:58 pm »
PS - I assume the Messthetics were cut short due to Metro closing at 11:00.  There was an abrupt ending right around 10:45.  Since I drove, I would have liked to have seen more...

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #621 on: October 10, 2017, 01:53:44 pm »
gonna park at a friend's near Nats park tonight and either walk or lyft.

Yada

« Reply #622 on: October 10, 2017, 02:00:58 pm »
Do i need my non existent FwB card to get in or just the ticket?

I can't seem to find a way to print out a new one...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #623 on: October 10, 2017, 02:02:20 pm »
All you need is the ticket.  FWIW, they were able to scan the FWB barcode on my phone.

gavroche

« Reply #624 on: October 10, 2017, 02:02:39 pm »

You only need the ticket to get in.  You get FWB points for going (theoretically, mine didn't appear in my totals).

Yada

« Reply #625 on: October 10, 2017, 02:05:07 pm »

You only need the ticket to get in.  You get FWB points for going (theoretically, mine didn't appear in my totals).

I realized the last time I actually received points for attending a show was circa 2014 when MPP used to invite people "back stage" pre show. Pretty sure I gave the card to the person and never got it back. Oh well!

Mateo2kcpa

« Reply #626 on: October 10, 2017, 02:50:59 pm »
I'm debating how early to get in line for Foo Fighters.

Yada

« Reply #627 on: October 10, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »

Might be worth setting up a poop tent tomorrow afternoon.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #628 on: October 10, 2017, 03:05:02 pm »

Might be worth setting up a poop tent tomorrow afternoon.
Poop tents are for the poor. People of breeding have privy servants whose entire job is to carry, clean, and care for our pre-war decorative chamber pots in times of intestinal distress.
LVMH

hemisphire

« Reply #629 on: October 10, 2017, 04:47:23 pm »