Author Topic: The Groper Thread  (Read 102948 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Groper Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2019, 01:19:39 pm »
PSA: Bryan Adams is not Ryan Adams

Stupid self centered Canadians.  There is definitely a summer of 69 joke in here but I'm not going to make it....
To be fair, Bryan Adams is superior to Ryan Adams in every way.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2019, 09:18:56 am »
Ryan Adams finally cancels UK tour

I don’t know if his career will withstand this scandal

Yada

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2019, 03:01:16 pm »
Ryan Adams finally cancels UK tour

I don’t know if his career will withstand this scandal

I predict death within a year, if not, career definitely over.

« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2019, 03:16:54 pm »
I think he is going to rename some of the song titles

Fuck The Rain -> Fuck The News
Lucky Now -> Lucky Then
Call me on your way back home -> Call my lawyer if you want a statement
When The Stars Go Blue -> When the stars cry #metoo
Do You Still Love Me? -> Do You Still Love Me?
slack

hutch

« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2019, 05:47:32 pm »
I think he will eventually try to make a comeback...,I mean I don’t see him having any other career option and he can’t live off of royalties....or streaming revenues

I just never found his music any good....I don’t understand what people like about him...terrible live...and all over the map musically...he is in my mind a fake...one year doing the Smiths...the next Grateful Dead...etc.... but there must be something as many of my friends with otherwise unimpeachable taste love him

« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2019, 06:02:29 pm »
quantity was always a problem with him
and I agree close to 75% of the times I saw him live sucked
but those other shows were awesome

he is a whiny ass bitch and that grew tiresome

His early output with Whiskeytown and Heartbreaker IMO are fantastic
I think Gold has some pretty standout moments too
but after that...never really peaked again
I did like cold roses and that tour tho

not that this is indicator of talent or good product
but I'm a little surprised he got nominated for two grammys in 2015
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 06:09:49 pm by Defamatory Gist ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »
Biden
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/second-woman-says-ex-vp-biden-touched-her-inappropriately-idUSKCN1RD3CT
I’m not team Biden — Julian For The Future For Life — but neither this, nor the first allegation really constitutes groping in the way anyone uses that term. Rubbing noses and kissing someone on the back of the head, while weird and patriarchal and inappropriate, needs to be delineated from . . . well, virtually every other entry in this thread.
LVMH

analogfossa

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:51 pm »
Biden
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/second-woman-says-ex-vp-biden-touched-her-inappropriately-idUSKCN1RD3CT
I’m not team Biden — Julian For The Future For Life — but neither this, nor the first allegation really constitutes groping in the way anyone uses that term. Rubbing noses and kissing someone on the back of the head, while weird and patriarchal and inappropriate, needs to be delineated from . . . well, virtually every other entry in this thread.
“It wasn’t sexual, but he did grab me by the head,” Amy Lappos, 43, told the Hartford Courant on Monday of her encounter with Biden at a Greenwich, Connecticut, event. “He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth.”

What are we constituting as "groping" these days?

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2019, 01:28:20 pm »
Something that specifically doesn't start with the accuser/victim feeling the need to state for the record as the first thing out of their mouth, "it wasn't sexual," but that's just me.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2019, 01:30:26 pm »
Is she saying it ultimately wasn't sexual, but only after he didn't kiss her on the mouth?  Or that even if she thought the kiss was coming, it wasn't sexual? 

Something that specifically doesn't start with "it wasn't sexual," but that's just me.

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2019, 01:31:49 pm »
Is she saying it ultimately wasn't sexual, but only after he didn't kiss her on the mouth?  Or that even if she thought the kiss was coming, it wasn't sexual? 
I could only guess.
LVMH

« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2019, 01:32:08 pm »
I hate to agree with julian on anything other than Ratbastard...well is a ratbastard
and
needs to be delineated from . . . well, virtually every other entry in this thread.

I'm not sure how the Left is going to deal with this problem of throwing the baby out with the bathwater
but we need to be able to draw a line between weinstein and biden...it's insanity to think they are almost the same thing

look at what else this woman said
“If Biden truly supports women and gender equality he would step aside and support one of the many talented and qualified women running,” she added. “The same goes for the other men who have thrown their hat in the ring. Women are 52 percent of the population. We are not a minority, we are the majority. It is time we are represented as such. After 45 male presidents it is time we elect a woman.”

So she says it's not sexual ...but really just wants to take out the white men

little disingenious

I also think this narative is being pushed hard by operatives on the Right and the media is just eating it up
how are we going to stop eating our own on the way to 2020

slack

« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2019, 01:33:33 pm »
I'm curious on YOUR opinion on this...you posted here like it was a legitimate accusation of groping...fanning the flames
slack

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2019, 01:34:52 pm »
“If Biden truly supports women and gender equality he would step aside and support one of the many talented and qualified women running,” she added. “The same goes for the other men who have thrown their hat in the ring. Women are 52 percent of the population. We are not a minority, we are the majority. It is time we are represented as such. After 45 male presidents it is time we elect a woman.”
To be fair, I agree with absolutely all of that with the exception of the premise that any man who runs for the Presidency isn't a TRUE SUPPORTER of gender equality. That's cuckoo bananas.
LVMH