Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 77619 times)

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2020, 09:49:59 am »
makes sense as Covid-19 is a pulmonary disease

Sounds like the biggest issue is you are making it more difficult to diagnose if you need a test
and you are putting your lungs in worse shape, thus more likely to have issues if you do get infected

"It's common sense that anything you inhale that has been combusted and contains particles or chemicals can inflame your airways," he said. "So you're already making your body fight off foreign particles before it even has to fight off the infection.

Guess I should transition to edibles
slack

Yada

WALKonBack

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2020, 07:10:55 pm »
evidently, people who sell the stuff, are not sure sure what to do.  They have major surpluses, due to no one wants to go anyone to buy any.

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2020, 07:57:42 am »
evidently, people who sell the stuff, are not sure sure what to do.  They have major surpluses, due to no one wants to go anyone to buy any.
called supply and demand...especially since product is persible, shoud be good for the consumer
Likely if it doesn't move will be turned into concentrate, which I think has a much longer shelf life (but not really sure)
slack

vansmack

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2020, 05:22:36 pm »
There is a line everyday outside the two dispensaries I pass on my daily walk.  They both require a pre-order and appointment for pickup too....
27>34

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2020, 11:15:50 am »
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/4/13/21158103/virginia-marijuana-legalization-decriminalization

This is not full marijuana legalization. Under decriminalization, penalties carrying jail or prison time are removed, but lower-level penalties, like a fine, remain in place and sales remain illegal.

don't get me wrong...went from a $500 fine and possible imprisonment to The new law scraps criminal charges for simple possession of marijuana and creates a $25 civil penalty
so totally a step in the right direction...but they had the power and the motivation in 2020, why not seal the deal
slack

hutch

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:23 pm »
Tough times

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/business/budget-cannabis-pandemic-value/index.html
I can’t believe you didn’t put the awesome headline on this
Smaller joints and less-potent buds: recession weed is here

Maybe not a good band name but a great name for the album in the shed in the woods

Pam Demic and the viral threats latest ep Recession Weed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:51:30 pm by Per-capita positivity ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2020, 01:46:20 pm »
Oh happy day in VA...

It's July 1 in the Commonwealth of Virginia, which means Marijuana is decriminalized!

Sure wish we could buy and grow, but I'm ok with this

Possessing small amounts of marijuana is still illegal in Virginia, but as of Wednesday the maximum penalty for people caught with an ounce or less the drug has been reduced to a $25 civil fine.

although we are not Washington state by any means
Other serious punishments surrounding the drug are unchanged. Growing the plant, possessing more than an ounce of it and distributing it to people (even as a gift) remain a felony, with potential sentences ranging from one to 40 years in prison depending on the circumstances and quantities involved

slack

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2020, 01:36:37 pm »

https://rvamag.com/politics/activists-say-bill-ending-police-stops-for-marijuana-odor-is-small-step-for-marginalized-communities.html

The Virginia state Senate approved a bill Friday that would prohibit search and seizures based solely on the odor of marijuana.
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2020, 04:00:51 pm »
If Virginia, elects a republican governor, all that goes away.

Why?  Because a Democrat thought of it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »

That's . . . not really how laws work. Maybe if the GOP takes back both parts of the legislature and the governorship.
LVMH

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2020, 04:29:36 pm »

That's . . . not really how laws work. Maybe if the GOP takes back both parts of the legislature and the governorship.
well that's the only way it's going to happen
...or Trump starts martial law and takes over a state government (Look out Oregon)
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2020, 06:20:42 pm »
<sig>