Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 77593 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2022, 11:07:36 am »
Also if you have a record, you are kinda screwed for life as you can never get a decent job

This isn't true at all, especially for MJ offenses, which are almost always misdemeanors and eligible for post-sentence elimination from records.

« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2022, 01:31:36 pm »
Also if you have a record, you are kinda screwed for life as you can never get a decent job

This isn't true at all, especially for MJ offenses, which are almost always misdemeanors and eligible for post-sentence elimination from records.
well you need to know that first and second be able to afford a lawyer to do this

In  VA until recently if you had like 4 vape cartridges…was a felony
There are a lot… like 100s of thousands of Americans who have had their lives destroyed over a simple possession charge
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2022, 02:16:22 pm »
i was going to comment about this, specifically about "never get a decent job".  yes, having a criminal record will prevent you from getting some jobs, maybe even a majority of jobs... but certainly not all jobs.  i'm 95% sure i wasn't asked about my criminal record during recruitment for my current job, and i consider it a very decent job.  even for those that do ask, i'm not sure that an possession conviction will necessarily disqualify you.  as an employer, i'd be way more interested in theft, any form of fraud/embezzlement, tax evasion, etc.).  i'm certain there are zero tolerance folks out there too, but let's not assume 100% coverage.

(now that i think of it, i did have to take a pee test for one of the two jobs i've held out here... but was explicitly told that they're not looking for MJ)
<sig>

« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2022, 05:45:19 pm »
the IT field is a little different (although dell still drug tests)
but every company I've ever worked at does a background check and that comes up,
true most employers don't care that I have a possession charge from when I was 18 (and yes I was told that I could get that expunged, but honestly never did, because it's never been an issue)
but I usually come to the table as a referral or have well documented experience and references.

so yes it's not 100% by anymeans, but I would say a lot of people are not getting job offers because that's on their record
not sure you can dispute that
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2022, 06:57:47 pm »
well you need to know that first and second be able to afford a lawyer to do this

In  VA until recently if you had like 4 vape cartridges…was a felony
There are a lot… like 100s of thousands of Americans who have had their lives destroyed over a simple possession charge

Stop with the hysterics already. A MJ misdemeanor conviction doesn't damn you to a lifetime of crappy jobs, which was your point.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2022, 07:01:40 pm »
so yes it's not 100% by anymeans, but I would say a lot of people are not getting job offers because that's on their record
not sure you can dispute that

You're not exactly being insightful or providing any sort of news. Yes, if you have a MJ possession conviction on your record, it's entirely possible to likely that you will be passed over for jobs, especially in the first couple of years afterward. Duh.

The good news is in 2022, most decently behaved people don't have to worry too much about this because even in prohibition states, you are provided the opportunity for expungement upon successful completion of probation. Where it is no longer on your record and you don't have to tell potential employers about it. Thus, your issue is negated.

« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2022, 07:20:00 pm »
you guys are obviously the MAN, and fuck the man is all I gotta say
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2022, 08:14:16 pm »
A MJ misdemeanor conviction doesn't damn you to a lifetime of crappy jobs

There's a little bit of chicken/egg stuff going on here. It's not a rule per se, but a correlation in some cases.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2022, 09:45:12 am »
Jesus Christ; no really, Jesus, I'm talking to you.  Thank you very much, for allowing me to have this thread.

« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:01 am »
Jesus Christ; no really, Jesus, I'm talking to you.  Thank you very much, for allowing me to have this thread.
yeah, I looked through the members and he's not on this forum, must be using a fake user name
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2022, 09:49:42 pm »
It's not a rule per se, but a correlation in some cases.

In 2022, unless you live in some southern shithole, it's almost meaningless.

« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2022, 02:11:46 pm »

I always suspected ernie would partake
slack

Starsky

« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2022, 02:24:22 pm »
Bert should partake….

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2022, 02:51:08 pm »
Watch Bruce Dickinson admonish fans for smoking weed during Iron Maiden Show
"I'm amazed you can even see" - Bruce Dickinson has a word with weed smokers, reveals that Steve Harris hates the smell of marijuana
<sig>

« Reply #419 on: November 16, 2022, 05:25:12 pm »
hmm, liking this Congresswoman from NC..even if she is a R

a GOP congresswoman says there’s an urgent need for bipartisan collaboration on the issue of marijuana so lawmakers can reach consensus on a path forward to end federal prohibition.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC),

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/gop-congresswoman-discusses-plans-to-advance-winning-marijuana-issue-under-new-house-majority/

although, really not sure why Dems didn't use this
I guess with some of the crime stuff in the news it didn't seem like a winning message

https://twitter.com/RepNancyMace/status/1592929394728742912?s=20&t=m41MRnWThma7yYKf1x2tdQ
here she is thanking Jaime Raskin! 
I like this bi-partisan stuff
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 05:29:47 pm by Hatch-2024 ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack