Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Canada...  (Read 79242 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada...
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »
count me lots of coastal elites to be a part of
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2020, 02:16:24 pm »
Maryland's on the map, but not listed :(  Also, what happens to DC?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2020, 02:21:43 pm »
^ gawd that would be unstoppable.  WANT.

will take VA, on probation.

other countries might as well stop playing hockey and curling altogether.  would be pointless. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2020, 02:23:42 pm »
must have been written by a canadian: PN? MY?
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2020, 05:58:21 pm »
Guess I could move to MD...come on VA has come a long way this decade

Trade DelMarVa for NoVa. Jesusland keeps it's NASCAR track and dead soldier AFB. I'd miss the tax-free Apple Store near Wilmington, though.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2020, 07:43:30 pm »
Maryland's on the map, but not listed :(  Also, what happens to DC?

i think "MY" is supposed to be maryland.  DC is definitely in.  i wonder what the new capital of jesusland will be... prolly somewhere in texas.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2020, 10:01:22 pm »
It wouldn’t solve everything as the divide is also within states....between rural and urban areas.... I guess you would water down the Republicans but depending on what system of government the United States of Canada had they could still make trouble...You would still have local Trumpist governments everywhere

I guess it’s fun to think about but it doesn’t bear much scrutiny... I mean the Trump virus has taken substantial root in even much of what would form the US of Canada... I mean look at places like Pennsylvania

The defining characteristic of modern America seems to be an incredibly large number of assholes everywhere you look... it’s very worrisome

You can’t really do much to fix things when 40% of Americans are resentful bitter racist pricks who don’t like facts or reason and just want to kick the ass of the rest of Americans...How do you fix that? It’s really not about issues but about fact 40% of Americans are assholes who feel reflected in and represented by an asshole President even if they know he is often lying to and conning them

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2020, 04:38:26 pm »
Groundhogs to blame for scattered bones in Canada's biggest cemetery

“It’s not respectful for the families,” she said.
😐 🎶

shemptiness

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2020, 05:21:44 pm »

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2020, 09:25:44 am »
slack

« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2021, 12:38:02 pm »
Justin Trudeau@JustinTrudeau
Update on our border: As of today, if you are flying into Canada, you will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result before boarding your flight. The test must be conducted within 72 hours of your scheduled departure. If you do not comply, you will be denied from boarding.

I can still cross at Niagra falls...can't stop me, Justin!
slack

vansmack

« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2021, 02:13:54 pm »
Update on our border: As of today, if you are flying into Canada, you will need to present a negative COVID-19 test result before boarding your flight. The test must be conducted within 72 hours of your scheduled departure. If you do not comply, you will be denied from boarding.

Yes, much easier for HI to implement than Canada, given geography.

I did read that Canada has purchased 5 vaccines per resident though, so it might be worth a test and trip to just to get the jab(s).
27>34

« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2021, 02:51:20 pm »

I did read that Canada has purchased 5 vaccines per resident though, so it might be worth a test and trip to just to get the jab(s).
interesting...Sweets, you are not far from the border, do you still have citizenship?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2021, 04:13:56 pm »

interesting...Sweets, you are not far from the border, do you still have citizenship?

it's a little over 2 hours to the border from my place.  yes, i still have citizenship - need to go dual this year.  borders are still closed to non-essential travel.  as a canadian i might be able to make an argument to be let in to canuckistan, but i'd have problems trying to get back in to the US.  i'd rather not be stuck away from my family for as long as the pandemic is still raging.
<sig>