Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380748 times)

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 05:43:30 pm »
Walkie....
Jeez man do you have to always deactivate your account
So dramatic

Edit... could have sworn that I bsaw his name deactivated... not now tho?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:53:43 pm by S↑dëHã〒çh ✄ ☪ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☭ ♝ »
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 08:07:56 am »
Mets demote Tim Tebow amid NFL’s free agent frenzy

Has anybody else made a greater career of mediocrity?

I don't even consider 1-18 with 11 strikeouts mediocre...that's grounds for being released.
What about 2 for 24?

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 09:44:05 am »
Walkie....
Jeez man do you have to always deactivate your account
So dramatic

Edit... could have sworn that I bsaw his name deactivated... not now tho?

I, did not

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 12:10:38 pm »
What about 2 for 24?

He should go to the minors too, mostly to work on his pitching.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 07:31:08 am »
had no idea about the Humanity Star

kinda punk rock that it was annoying the astronomers and their ability to get a good shot on a universe a billion light years away

Space Graffiti!
great band name for The James Ford Experience's spin off band that was doing a performance art tour, only in parking lots of Wawa's

@Alex_Parker
For no reason at all, here's what it looks like when a satellite goes through Hubble's field of view whilst you are trying to image something in the distant solar system.
--
I have another one of these somewhere from Gemini North, where I was splitting two components of a binary Kuiper Belt Object. They were only separated by the width of peppercorn seen from a kilometer away, and yet a satellite blasted out one of the two components.
--
YOU HAD THE WHOLE SKY TO FLY THROUGH. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO PASS THROUGH THE TRILLIONTH OF THE SKY THAT MY PHD THESIS NEEDED.

Meg Schwamb, an assistant scientist at Gemini Observatory, tells The Verge.
“... Is space really for art?”

not sure why that didn't really make the news cycle at all

is this and onion story?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:33:26 am by S↑dëHã〒çh ✄ ☪ ☣ ☢ ☠ ☭ ♝ »
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 09:51:32 am »
Not sure if this belongs here, but I'm done with Eagles of Death Metal and Queens of the Stone Age. That Jesse is a nut, and I'm not giving him another dime. Josh is part of that band and he hasn't really jumped to condemn the remarks, so buh bye. I'm over it for the same reasons why I don't listen to Ted Nugent.

Yada

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 09:57:29 am »
Not sure if this belongs here, but I'm done with Eagles of Death Metal and Queens of the Stone Age. That Jesse is a nut, and I'm not giving him another dime. Josh is part of that band and he hasn't really jumped to condemn the remarks, so buh bye. I'm over it for the same reasons why I don't listen to Ted Nugent.

Bunch of complete fuckin' tweeker assholes.

hutch

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2018, 09:59:59 am »
Definitely out on Eagles of Death Metal...I think Jesse suffers from mental illness...really sad...

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2018, 10:03:52 am »
Definitely out on Eagles of Death Metal...I think Jesse suffers from mental illness...really sad...

Hard to imagine that they're not relegated to being a fourth-rate bar band in Iowa City or Bakersfield after this. And apologies won't cut it. We see who he really is.

hutch

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 10:06:48 am »
He has said really crazy stuff before post Bataclan...He is sick and needs to get help

Yada

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 11:48:32 am »
I think Jesse suffers from mental illness...

ya think! Meth is a helluva drug

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 01:18:45 pm »
He has said really crazy stuff before post Bataclan...He is sick and needs to get help
I read that he was refused entry to the Bataclan show that reopened the venue
slack

hutch

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 06:00:38 pm »
Yup...he said a lot of disgusting things following bataclan...not sure if the attack caused him to lose it or he was always sick...but sad...their show at 930 about ten years ago is one of my favorites but it’s all over now

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:16 pm »
The Thermals
We are officially disbanding! After 15 years and 7 records, we feel our band has reached far beyond our initial expectations and goals, and are stepping away from it while we still cherish it. We traveled further, soared higher and played louder than we ever dreamed, and we now look forward to a new chapter in our lives, our art, and our friendship. We would like to thank all the great labels who have released our records, all the amazing people who have worked so hard for us, and most importantly our fans, who we consider to be some of the smartest, sweetest and most compassionate people in the world. We love you, and we hope to see you again some day.

Hutch, Kathy and Westin

*no our hutch is not in the thermals ;)
slack