Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380770 times)

vansmack

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2019, 12:21:02 pm »
Can't they take that that three quarters of a billion and instead build some low income housing?

So the argument goes like this...

$750 million of private dollars is $750 million the government doesn't have to spend, so technically, they could spend that government "savings" on low income housing, something that arguably should be the governments job and not the private sector's job (though voters in my home town thought differently).

In addition, restoring monuments and attractions only help to attract more tourists, whose taxes are a large source of the government revenue (Paris' hotel tax is 25%) so think of it as marketing for the individual, with a tax break, thinly veiled as an indirect investment in the government coffers.     
27>34

« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2019, 03:01:54 pm »
Nick Geale, the top aide to Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, is leaving the Trump administration after a clash with White House officials who regarded him as personally difficult and an impediment to President Trump's deregulatory agenda, according to sources with direct knowledge.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2019, 03:24:14 pm »
Nick Geale, the top aide to Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, is leaving the Trump administration after a clash with White House officials who regarded him as personally difficult and an impediment to President Trump's deregulatory agenda, according to sources with direct knowledge.

Actually it sounds different from what you wrote:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/top-labor-official-to-exit-after-white-house-probe

Former DOL staffers have in recent months told Bloomberg Law that Geale has been carrying out directives from the White House and Secretary’s office with a brash and abrasive style—laden with profanity—that’s been driving some senior personnel out of the department. The staff upheaval has been blamed for at least some delays on important DOL policy updates, such as a top White House priority to expand apprenticeship programs.

hutch

« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2019, 03:27:24 pm »
This board should be renamed “DC Politics”

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2019, 09:28:39 am »
Dress Barn

This news is actually trending on Twitter  ???
😐 🎶

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:47 am »
Dress Barn

Who could have guessed subconsciously making people think of cows and horses when looking at themselves in your clothing might be a bad move for a modiste? Who could’ve guessed!?
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2019, 11:59:19 am »
Dress Barn

Who could have guessed subconsciously making people think of cows and horses when looking at themselves in your clothing might be a bad move for a modiste? Who could’ve guessed!?

It started in 1962, so I think its more the advent of internet shopping than the awful name.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2019, 01:42:45 pm »
Dress Barn

i have been pondering this sweet, sweet mystery for years... WHO THE HELL NAMES THEIR CLOTHING STORE "BARN" ANYTHING?!?

(with the possible exception of a Carhartts store - i could see "The Carhartt Barn" working).
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2019, 02:28:37 pm »
Dress Barn

i have been pondering this sweet, sweet mystery for years... WHO THE HELL NAMES THEIR CLOTHING STORE "BARN" ANYTHING?!?

(with the possible exception of a Carhartts store - i could see "The Carhartt Barn" working).

You'd be surprised by the amount of fondness for certain farm animals held by Trumptarded women.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2019, 02:34:37 pm »
Dress Barn

You'd be surprised by the amount of fondness for certain farm animals held by Trumptarded women.
Not when they're compared to looking like one.
LVMH

« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2019, 12:49:37 pm »
Bad week for terrestrial radio stations

Mix 107.3 and the Jack Diamond show is done today after 30 years in DC

99.5 WPLJ in NuYawk will also shudder with close to 50 years on the air signs off today
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2019, 02:12:54 pm »
Mitski.

« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2019, 02:24:51 pm »
dang wasn't expecting that ^
Show is with Lucy Dacus ;)

mitski
@mitskileaks
Ok...just to extra clarify, this show is in ***September*** All the shows I'm playing before September are still happening, including Houston, Los Angeles, Berlin, and Vienna, among others. Thanks.

This will be my last show indefinitely, and and I'm glad it's ending in NY where I came up.

Mitski Presale: June 5th at 10AM EDT (password: BETHECOWBOY)
General On Sale: June 7th at 10AM EDT

Tickets at (link: http://Mitski.com) Mitski.com
slack

IamHydrogen

« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2019, 02:36:47 pm »
Mix 107.3 and the Jack Diamond show is done today after 30 years in DC

Q107 was my jam back in the day.  Couldn't get HFS in Virginia.

« Reply #224 on: June 04, 2019, 05:05:43 pm »
Ray's the Steak in ARL
slack