Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380632 times)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:58:37 pm by do more hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2020, 01:57:40 pm »
Rolling Stones tour

hutch

« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2020, 01:57:57 pm »
Bad link

A lot of people are going to lose their jobs...government must help

« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2020, 12:12:38 am »
Slim's in San Fran...great venue
slack

« Reply #441 on: March 31, 2020, 04:47:46 pm »
Sushi Taro :(

SUSHITARO@SUSHITARO_DC
For about 30 years, I thought my landlord is good person, helped us many things in the past.  I just found-out in hard way that he is not that good person what I thought he was.
slack

hutch

« Reply #442 on: March 31, 2020, 06:04:59 pm »
Maybe landlord has own bills to pay?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #443 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:00 pm »
Gordon Biersch, Rockville and Navy Yard (I think)

yup, those two, all of them:

Old Chicago, Rock Bottom Parent Company Terminates 18,000 Employees

Craftworks, the parent company of Old Chicago, Rock Bottom, the ChopHouse, Gordon Biersch and several other restaurant chains across the country, laid off its entire workforce on March 31, letting all 18,000 employees know that they were out of a job — and without health benefits — effective immediately.

That news comes just four weeks after Craftworks filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, listing both assets and liabilities of between $100 million and $500 million, according to multiple reports. The company was then in negotiations with one of its investors to reduce its debt significantly.

(continued...)
<sig>

« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2020, 09:03:57 am »
wow 6.6 mil!
and that's just the tip

My company asked for furlough volunteers...and said they'll keep my families insurance coverage and cover all insurance costs the employee usually pays (that's killer)
scary times
slack

hutch

« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2020, 09:13:07 am »
They are doing that for furloughed workers but there are still non furloughed workers who don’t get that benefit? I don’t get what you are saying

Why does it feel like our government doesn’t have a clue

« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2020, 09:27:40 am »
I don’t get what you are saying
I was just shocked when my boss came out and asked for volunteers
I didn't realize it was common that benefits were still covered (but seeing that it is common)  I typically have to pay about $400 a month to cover my family and they are covering that cost if you go on Furlough
slack

hutch

« Reply #447 on: April 02, 2020, 09:36:48 am »
well but it’s a way to get people to volunteer

If a worker doesn’t take furlough and they get laid off they don’t get that benefit

Tough situation

Replicated all over economy...some sectors worse though....how can live concert venues continue paying even their full time staff?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #448 on: April 02, 2020, 11:10:34 am »
My company asked for furlough volunteers...and said they'll keep my families insurance coverage and cover all insurance costs the employee usually pays (that's killer)
We did this. Didn't ask for volunteers but targeted non-caregivers that make under $51k (because that's the amount that if you make less than, the state + federal unemployment benefits will cover 100% of what you make until 7/31) and then agreed to cover their insurance costs. Honestly, it kind of works out for everyone.

That $600/week federal UI kicker is really going to bail some individuals and companies out when used correctly.
LVMH

rich_WDC

« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2020, 01:46:52 pm »
Preakness's INFIELD FEST 2020