Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380560 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #495 on: May 20, 2020, 04:32:29 pm »
Space's inlaw trips will never be the same.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-three-floyds-closed-brewpub-coronavirus-indiana-20200520-wbxlr54bijg7zhxh3i6wr32gsm-story.html

Bummer. One less reason for me to convince her that seeing her parents once every couple of years is the right thing to do.

I know it's probably below your craft beer standards (like Heady Topper is), but I wish they'd ship fresh Zombie Dust this way.

space, do you hit up the brewpub or the brewery itself?  'cause only the former is closing, you can still get your Z-Dust from the brewery...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #496 on: May 20, 2020, 04:43:54 pm »
Space's inlaw trips will never be the same.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-three-floyds-closed-brewpub-coronavirus-indiana-20200520-wbxlr54bijg7zhxh3i6wr32gsm-story.html

Bummer. One less reason for me to convince her that seeing her parents once every couple of years is the right thing to do.

I know it's probably below your craft beer standards (like Heady Topper is), but I wish they'd ship fresh Zombie Dust this way.

space, do you hit up the brewpub or the brewery itself?  'cause only the former is closing, you can still get your Z-Dust from the brewery...

Getting beer at the to-go window of the brewpub is how you get to-go beer from the brewery.

Their food is really good. One of my favorite brewpubs I've been to. Typically, we would go for dinner and drafts and get a case or two to take home (at a much better price that Chicago area stores, where Z-Dust specifically was also hard to find.)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #497 on: May 20, 2020, 06:04:08 pm »
Getting beer at the to-go window of the brewpub is how you get to-go beer from the brewery.

given that they're about to shut down their direct-to-consumer channel, and that channel is much more profitable than going through retails, 110% chance they will be selling cases at the brewery shortly. 

so, sorry space - you're going to have to continue sweet-talking celeste into a bi-annual midwest road trip.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #498 on: May 20, 2020, 07:16:54 pm »

given that they're about to shut down their direct-to-consumer channel, and that channel is much more profitable than going through retails, 110% chance they will be selling cases at the brewery shortly. 

so, sorry space - you're going to have to continue sweet-talking celeste into a bi-annual midwest road trip.

Draft sales at the brewpub were probably only a small percentage of their total sales though.

Yada

« Reply #499 on: May 20, 2020, 10:48:15 pm »

hutch

« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2020, 10:49:38 pm »
I like tecate and the new retro cans are super cool!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2020, 03:11:14 am »

Draft sales at the brewpub were probably only a small percentage of their total sales though.

true dat, but over-the-bar/direct-to-consumer sales are several times more profitable than wholesale - so while it represents a small portion of volume, it represents a disproportionate share of profits.  doubtful that they'll want to give that up.

(aside: over-the-bar/direct-to-consumer sales are what keeps most craft breweries afloat.  pandemic = no such sales = a lot more local breweries will be going under...)
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2020, 10:17:41 am »

true dat, but over-the-bar/direct-to-consumer sales are several times more profitable than wholesale - so while it represents a small portion of volume, it represents a disproportionate share of profits.  doubtful that they'll want to give that up.

(aside: over-the-bar/direct-to-consumer sales are what keeps most craft breweries afloat.  pandemic = no such sales = a lot more local breweries will be going under...)

It's interesting. Back in the early days of taprooms/tasting rooms, they used to give you free samples in hopes that maybe you'd buy a full pour or take home some bottles. Dogfish, Deschutes, and the Alchemist come to mind. Or they'd charge you a per ounce price cheaper than what their take home bottles cost. Alesmith and Maine Beer Company come to mind. I guess at some point the coin flipped and taprooms became money making ventures rather than a place to showcase the product and establish loyalty.

hutch

« Reply #503 on: May 22, 2020, 11:54:45 pm »
Hertz

« Reply #504 on: May 23, 2020, 09:32:12 am »
slack

hutch

« Reply #505 on: May 23, 2020, 11:07:20 am »
Fisherman’s Wharf

« Reply #506 on: May 23, 2020, 11:26:37 am »
Fisherman’s Wharf
whoa...hated that tourist trap, but didn't wish for this
slack

Yada

« Reply #507 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:46 pm »
Mark Knoller @ CBS

Ridiculous.

shemptiness

« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2020, 11:30:35 am »
Union Jack's Rio

WALKonBack

« Reply #509 on: June 05, 2020, 07:28:20 am »
Lindsey Graham's future.  Follow the developing stories on Twitter, about to blow up.

#rentboy