Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 381226 times)

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #840 on: January 08, 2021, 09:56:04 pm »
NYT reporting that Twitter has permanently suspended Trump
Fuck, reading and reacting to his tweets was a percentage of my life this last year
I need a new hobby, this one was pretty debilitating

You can’t just ignore a coup attempt cause you know you might not have the votes
sounds like a great ad slogan (...for democracy?)

Of course he tried to use the @potus account, but got a smack down

the man is unhinged
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:05:39 pm by Sidehinged-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #841 on: January 08, 2021, 10:09:49 pm »
The reality is he will not have the same reach on parler or alternate sites

Would we allow al qaeda to have a Twitter account to recruit and communicate with followers?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #842 on: January 09, 2021, 09:32:08 pm »
Parler

hutch

« Reply #843 on: January 09, 2021, 09:49:41 pm »
People can still access the website on their browser, right?

So not really

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #844 on: January 09, 2021, 10:34:08 pm »
Parler is being booted off AWS, so they are losing their web hosting ... and they will probably have to find something offshore to host them.. Google and anything US based will probably not allow that nonsense

This of course is going to make it hard for the creation of any other new platform for he who is shut out by the free market

Of course the Chinese and Russians might have a solution... which is dripping in irony
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #845 on: January 09, 2021, 11:15:17 pm »
Oh ok

All I had heard about was the app

Twitter was great today..

WALKonBack

« Reply #846 on: January 10, 2021, 11:03:04 am »
Ariel Pink

hutch

« Reply #847 on: January 10, 2021, 12:15:10 pm »
Hiya Walkie how is it going out there in the mountains? Still seeing hordes of city folk moving out there to escape the rona? Do these super low mortgage rates help you move properties or is it a wash?
Well happy new year!

« Reply #848 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:16 am »
Rudy's membership to the NY Bar
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #849 on: January 11, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »
Hiya Walkie how is it going out there in the mountains? Still seeing hordes of city folk moving out there to escape the rona? Do these super low mortgage rates help you move properties or is it a wash?
Well happy new year!

Hiya!   Yes the market is still pretty crazy out here with plenty of people attempting to buy homes either as weekend properties or full time living. The only problem, is there is still a severe lack of inventory in our area and pretty much anywhere surrounding my area.   The interest rates are definitely bringing more 1st time home buyers out as well, but again it's just you've gotta be super quick if you're going to get anything out here right now.

hutch

« Reply #850 on: January 11, 2021, 05:40:31 pm »
Well that sounds good and challenging!

I guess a good realtor such as yourself is more important than ever...

« Reply #851 on: January 11, 2021, 06:10:37 pm »
You should be marketing to people who don't have their houses on the market yet
You could figure out the 'value' today and what they paid for it...some people would be shocked they could make 100k selling their house and didn't realize it'd go up that much in the last decade

Postcards are cheap, take 4 hours and target 100 homeowners...I bet you'll get some bites
The money is in finding the people selling, not people trying to buy
(yes of course there is money on both ends...but so much more work for buyers ...and those helping those buyers)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #852 on: January 11, 2021, 06:24:50 pm »
You could figure out the 'value' today and what they paid for it...some people would be shocked they could make 100k selling their house and didn't realize it'd go up that much in the last decade

Postcards are cheap, take 4 hours and target 100 homeowners...I bet you'll get some bites
(yes of course there is money on both ends...but so much more work for buyers ...and those helping those buyers)
Tremendous job mansplaining Walkie’s job to him!
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #853 on: January 11, 2021, 06:28:45 pm »
The only problem with such an idea, and really the core reason why there's such a lack of inventory right now, is because sellers know they can sell their homes for a darn good price, but where are they going to go and what are they going to buy if they want to move and stay in our area when there is such a lack of inventory.

Yada

« Reply #854 on: January 11, 2021, 06:32:03 pm »

Tremendous job mansplaining Walkie’s job to him!

Lol