Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 381019 times)

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2021, 03:14:55 pm »
So I do think there is a BIG difference if it comes from the Gov't
Banning books is a line I won't cross

When the author/publisher makes a decision...it's different
Yes, you are correct, likely influenced by the woke mob

but as an author/publisher, you have to decide as a capitalist how you want to respond
if you kowtow, that's on you

It's a slippery slope, I don't deny
slack

hutch

« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2021, 03:25:47 pm »
Did government have to tell Hollywood to blacklist anybody with leftist leanings or did Hollywood do it itself led by Ronald Reagan?

It’s great that you can neatly divide things but censorship is censorship.

We were all in agreement Charlie Hebdo should not censor itself because Muslims  found their cartoons offensive...

This let the market decide reasoning is terrible or do you think it ok when Rushdie’s publisher refused to keep Satanic Verses in print? No paperback edition... You can read all about it In Rushdie’s autobiography and make up your own mind.

hutch

« Reply #1007 on: March 30, 2021, 03:32:46 pm »
Anyways there is no censorship here... I guess Pilkey can edit the cartoons if he finds them personally offensive

Am just tired of this..and tired of liberals twisting themselves into pretzels to justify censorship (very illiberal)

« Reply #1008 on: March 30, 2021, 03:40:16 pm »
I do agree...it's influenced by the mob. 
and it does suck

I don't know all the details, but I don't think the Hollywood blacklist is a apples to apples
as the gov't WAS totally involved and working behind the scenes to pressure studios and such
The first systematic Hollywood blacklist was instituted on November 25, 1947, the day after ten writers and directors were cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).

if I was an artist or publisher I wouldn't give a rat's ass, but always way more complicated with children's books
lot more hands in the cookie jar on that one

Seems like we might just need to start a Cancel Culture thread
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:42:09 pm by Corporate-Communist-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #1009 on: March 30, 2021, 03:53:31 pm »
Dude I read on beyond zebra to my kids many times... it’s a funny book about an imaginary alphabet that comes after “Z”..all the characters except the kid -as far as I recall-are imaginary..I have not gone through it to see what is so offensive but one day after I have had the root canal and am out of things to do I will... obviously I must be a total racist to have missed it and now my kids will grow up to be racists because we read on beyond zebra

What really offends me are the piece of crap books the estate keeps putting out since Dr Seuss died..they find three scraps of napkins he drew on while sitting on the pot and voila an atrocious newly discovered Seuss book just in time for Christmas

« Reply #1010 on: March 30, 2021, 03:55:22 pm »
and now my kids will grow up to be racists because we read on beyond zebra
can confirm, they are monsters!
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1011 on: March 30, 2021, 07:45:48 pm »
Matt Gaetz?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1012 on: March 30, 2021, 08:58:39 pm »
Hopefully another slimeball gets the taken down, highly doubt it...  I saw earlier that he was thinking about not running and pulling a Palin and going to Newsmax.. what it must be like to get paid handsomely to talk out of your ass.. he must have already been planning the exit strategy and this will only allow him to charge more in speaking fees... grifters everyone of them

And cross posting to the Twitter thread

@mattgertz
oh fuck

https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/1377014693496287234?s=21
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1013 on: March 30, 2021, 09:25:39 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #1014 on: March 30, 2021, 09:56:01 pm »
Matt Gaetz?
Headline I just saw mentioned sex trafficking!
One of my least favorite persons, would definitely have front row seat on the bus
Maybe Gym is next
slack

hutch

« Reply #1015 on: March 30, 2021, 10:08:08 pm »
I really want him in jail

Space Freely

« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2021, 01:21:42 pm »

hutch

« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2021, 01:32:03 pm »