Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 381678 times)

Yada

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1095 on: May 19, 2021, 06:44:14 am »

Jean Broillet IV, the founder of Ardmore’s popular Tired Hands Brewing Company, is stepping down after allegations of sexism and racism surfaced via anonymous Instagram posts over the weekend.

Add the owner of Modern Times to the list.

The woke mob is coming with pitch forks to all the rude bro neckbeards.

Space Freely

« Reply #1096 on: May 19, 2021, 07:58:29 am »

Jean Broillet IV, the founder of Ardmore’s popular Tired Hands Brewing Company, is stepping down after allegations of sexism and racism surfaced via anonymous Instagram posts over the weekend.

Closer to home, let's not forget Union Craft.

https://www.unioncraftbrewing.com/this-is-not-my-beautiful-house/

Space Freely

« Reply #1097 on: May 19, 2021, 08:20:29 am »

I'm not sure that it's the owner on Modern Times who is charged.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/tidal-wave-of-sexual-harassment-allegations-and-toxicity-in-craft-beer-industry-lead-to-terminations

On the west coast, Modern Times president and chief operating officer Chris Sarette penned a blog post detailing the company’s plans for employee resource groups and anti-racism and anti-oppression training for staff. Several posts shared with Allan detailed a hostile work environment at the San Diego craft brewery, particularly for employees of color.

Modern Times confirmed that it terminated Derek Freese, its “League Coordinator.” Freese’s Linkedin profile says he worked for the company for eight years as “Party Lord.”

A post from the Oakland Modern Times staff said they would “not be pouring beer … until we feel that company leadership acts in a way that aligns with our personal values of inclusion and equality, and that appropriate actions and measures are put in place to prevent further discrimiantion and harassment.”

Article from 2017:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/modern-times-beer-sells-but-not-to-big-beer-2017-07-07#:~:text=Capital%20in%202015.-,An%20ESOP%20doesn't%20mean%20a%20brewery%20will%20never%20change,investment%20in%20the%20company's%20success.

As a result, Modern Times is selling this year.

The brewery’s employees will be the new owners.

The brewery announced Friday that it is entering an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and has given employees a 30% stake in the company. That share will eventually be increased to 100%, with Ventura ESOP Fiduciary Services acting as an independent trustee. This isn’t exactly a new concept, as larger craft brewers, including Deschutes of Bend, Ore.; New Belgium of Fort Collins, Colo.; and Harpoon Brewing of Boston, are already employee-owned in various degrees. Smaller breweries like Left Hand in Longmont, Colo., have also embraced employee ownership by paying off investors through loans or other financing.

Yada

« Reply #1098 on: May 19, 2021, 08:29:59 am »
Well space, their message directly posted on their IG page says their founder and ceo has stepped down, so my apologies if they're not considered the owner.

Space Freely

« Reply #1099 on: May 19, 2021, 08:40:45 am »
Well space, their message directly posted on their IG page says their founder and ceo has stepped down, so my apologies if they're not considered the owner.

Sorry, you are right. The founder and CEO (though he may no longer be the owner) *is* stepping down.

It also seems that maybe (but maybe not) he himself is not the one doing the harassing? But is stepping down because as the CEO, such things shouldn't be going on under his watch?

I don't really care enough to play detective, but I wonder which owners were the ones directly harassing women or doing/saying misogynistic (or racist) things, which ones didn't personally do it but turned a blind eye to it happening, and which ones were simply blind and it happened without their knowledge..

« Reply #1100 on: May 19, 2021, 08:54:28 am »
Looks like I made a wise choice by triming my corona-beard
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 08:56:41 am by Bamboo-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #1101 on: May 19, 2021, 08:54:41 am »

Sorry, you are right. The founder and CEO (though he may no longer be the owner) *is* stepping down.

It also seems that maybe (but maybe not) he himself is not the one doing the harassing? But is stepping down because as the CEO, such things shouldn't be going on under his watch?

I don't really care enough to play detective, but I wonder which owners were the ones directly harassing women or doing/saying misogynistic (or racist) things, which ones didn't personally do it but turned a blind eye to it happening, and which ones were simply blind and it happened without their knowledge..

Probably the mascot of 3 Stars

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1102 on: May 19, 2021, 11:49:29 am »
The Maryland state song

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1103 on: May 22, 2021, 04:48:36 pm »
Rick Santorum

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

« Reply #1105 on: June 02, 2021, 12:26:30 pm »
after only one month: “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump"

A Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president shut down his blog because he didn’t like that this platform was being mocked and had so few readers
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:31:34 pm by Bamboo-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #1106 on: June 02, 2021, 01:23:23 pm »
Mike Krzyzewski has decided to retire after this season
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1107 on: June 02, 2021, 04:47:32 pm »

A Trump adviser told The Washington Post that the former president shut down his blog because he didn’t like that this platform was being mocked and had so few readers

or does this belong in the schadenfreude thread?

now that the blog is dead, he'll have no readers --> belongs in the good news thread?

feeling taxonomic today...
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #1108 on: June 02, 2021, 05:20:46 pm »
Netanyahu as Prime Minister

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1109 on: June 02, 2021, 06:53:52 pm »

2.64 Scaramuccis