Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380864 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1245 on: October 04, 2021, 03:52:04 pm »
Andrew Yang is a dude I kind of like but he's emblematic of the entire Bernie-wing of the party: they don't understand that an idea or policy is only "good" is (1) it makes sense and align with liberal values AND ALSO (2) the majority of people like it. They keep wanting to run campaigns around ideas 70% of Americans don't want and then wonder why the adults in the party like myself keep not giving them keys to the car and letting them drive.
LVMH

« Reply #1246 on: October 04, 2021, 03:55:50 pm »
for a hot minute there I thought he might get a cabinet position
then for another hot minute, he seemed like he might have a chance in NY
those were some quick minutes
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1247 on: October 04, 2021, 04:00:30 pm »

@AndrewYang
I’m leaving the Democratic Party

Isn't he planning on being Jill Stein for 2024,giving NKOTB someone to vote for in the general?

« Reply #1248 on: October 04, 2021, 04:06:38 pm »
those were some quick minutes
Yes, they were approximately 60 seconds each, the time of a real minute.
LVMH

« Reply #1249 on: October 04, 2021, 04:50:25 pm »

Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram go down in apparent outage

@briankrebs
As for why the outage persists ~5 hours now, reports say FB employees having trouble using their badges. Locked out of server room, maybe?

Sheera Frenkel@sheeraf
Was just on phone with someone who works for FB who described employees unable to enter buildings this morning to begin to evaluate extent of outage because their badges weren’t working to access doors.
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1250 on: October 12, 2021, 01:27:43 pm »
Following Smash Mouth’s disoriented, controversial New York concert, lead singer Steve Harwell has decided to retire.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/smash-mouth-singer-steve-harwell-retires-1235087184/

Smash Mouth’s lead singer Steve Harwell is apparently retiring after a controversial concert in Upstate New York on Saturday that found him slurring his words and making vaguely threatening comments toward the audience. The singer has been battling health problems for several years and the band had played some recent shows with a stand-in vocalist.

The “Rockstar” singer, 54, apparently made the announcement to TMZ, although there was no message on his or the band’s socials at the time of this article’s publication (Harwell’s Instagram account is private) and a rep for the group did not immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:30:11 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

« Reply #1251 on: October 12, 2021, 01:36:47 pm »

from said show in NY..doesn't seem vaguely threatening to me...seems pretty clear
slack

« Reply #1252 on: October 12, 2021, 01:47:22 pm »
That guy's brain is so fried, he might as well be walking on the sun.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1253 on: October 12, 2021, 02:06:03 pm »
That guy's brain is so fried, he might as well be walking on the sun.

Space Freely

« Reply #1254 on: October 18, 2021, 10:46:06 am »
My 74 year old uncle, who I haven't spoken to in 14 years, quit his job that he was was going to lose due to vaccine mandate non-compliance. Hopefully he lives like a hermit and doesn't bring greater risk to others.

Edit: He survived polio as a child, Vietnam as a teen, and Chrone's Disease for most of his adult life. Why the fug is he so afraid of a shot?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:51:35 am by Space Freely »

Yada

« Reply #1255 on: October 18, 2021, 10:56:39 am »
My 74 year old uncle, who I haven't spoken to in 14 years, quit his job that he was was going to lose due to vaccine mandate non-compliance. Hopefully he lives like a hermit and doesn't bring greater risk to others.

Edit: He survived polio as a child, Vietnam as a teen, and Chrone's Disease for most of his adult life. Why the fug is he so afraid of a shot?

I can't imagine an elder bloodline in the Space family having much of a social life that he is putting others at risk.

At this point, he probably doesn't give a shit.

« Reply #1256 on: October 18, 2021, 11:20:24 am »
I think there's a lot of survivor bias (for lack of a better term around this). "Well, I haven't died yet and I lived through polio, so I'll be fine now." "Well, I haven't died yet, so those libs who don't think I'm invincible are dumb!"
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1257 on: October 18, 2021, 11:58:15 am »

I can't imagine an elder bloodline in the Space family having much of a social life that he is putting others at risk.

At this point, he probably doesn't give a shit.

It's probably not a good idea to make such gerneralizations, but i guess you're free to do so. From what I gather, he goes to church sometimes and has at least a few friends.

My brother, who does speak with my uncle, had this to share.

I really don't get how people would rather lose their livelihood and benefits over a stupid, simple shot. Baffles the mind. I just talked to him a week or 2 ago and he just told me he enjoys his job - it's easy, the hours are a good fit for him, he gets to read and watch tv while working, he gets to work out with dumbells and walk upwards of 5 miles a shift making his rounds for some good exercise that he enjoys. Yes, you can find good in almost everyone if you look for it, but this country is full of retarded dipshits if you ask me (not specifically calling him that, just making a larger generalization)...

My thought is that the right wing media has completely brainwashed a certain segment of Americans with propaganda. It's really Nazi Germany all over again.

Space Freely

« Reply #1258 on: October 18, 2021, 12:08:55 pm »
I think there's a lot of survivor bias (for lack of a better term around this). "Well, I haven't died yet and I lived through polio, so I'll be fine now." "Well, I haven't died yet, so those libs who don't think I'm invincible are dumb!"

I was thinking the first sentence as I was typing my post. He thinks he'll be fine. That said, why give up your source of income...unless you were planning on retiring anyway.

My mom, who is 80, just for an excellent bill of health from her doctor. She has none of the comorbidity conditions except old age. She says she's not going to get it and even if she does, she'll be fine. She's someone who has gone through a ton of shit in her life, I feel like maybe this is her foolish way of saying fuck you to it all.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 12:16:37 pm by Space Freely »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1259 on: October 18, 2021, 01:12:33 pm »
I admit...I had to look up "comorbidity".