Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 380544 times)

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1275 on: October 19, 2021, 01:57:25 pm »
When you say Kanye...you go up on e at the end.   Khan-yeA
Do you pronounce it the same way or is it a low e?   But do you pronounce ye - Yee

Truthfully I usually pronounce it Dumbass, but that's just me
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1276 on: October 19, 2021, 02:22:49 pm »
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I  retained nothing from my high school science classes.

Not much from biology in college, either. Yet I work in the science industry.

To be honest, other than Space, does anyone really remember anything they learned in high school?

Good luck helping your kids with their Geometry homework.

Yada

« Reply #1277 on: October 19, 2021, 02:25:49 pm »
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I  retained nothing from my high school science classes.

To be honest, other than Space, does anyone really remember anything they learned in high school?

My parents stopped helping with homework circa 5th grade, so unless my kids are learning Geometry then, I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Geometry is a perfect example of something I've never used in my life.

Space Freely

« Reply #1278 on: October 19, 2021, 02:55:31 pm »

My parents stopped helping with homework circa 5th grade, so unless my kids are learning Geometry then, I'm sure they'll be just fine.

You never use concept like perimeter, area, angle measure in real life?

I have fond memories of my dad, whose degree was in aeronautical engineering, helping me with all kinds math and physics problems.

My kid has an English test tomorrow and a science test Wednesday, She asked me to help her study for them. I'm happy to oblige. :)

Space Freely

« Reply #1279 on: October 19, 2021, 03:03:30 pm »
Washington State football coach, the highest paid state employee (3.2 million a year salary) fired by the Governor. Good riddance.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/sport/nick-rolovich-washington-state-football-coach-covid/index.html

Yada

« Reply #1280 on: October 19, 2021, 03:31:17 pm »

You never use concept like perimeter, area, angle measure in real life?

I have fond memories of my dad, whose degree was in aeronautical engineering, helping me with all kinds math and physics problems.

My kid has an English test tomorrow and a science test Wednesday, She asked me to help her study for them. I'm happy to oblige. :)

Sure, but I think I'd consider perimter and area basic math or something that was most likely learned elsewhere... I have not used many geometric formulas.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1281 on: October 19, 2021, 03:33:16 pm »
don't know much about history, don't know much biology, don't know much about science book, don't know much about the French I took

Can confirm.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1282 on: October 19, 2021, 03:56:32 pm »
Washington State football coach, the highest paid state employee (3.2 million a year salary) fired by the Governor. Good riddance.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/sport/nick-rolovich-washington-state-football-coach-covid/index.html
Couldn't happen to a shittier person. Told players last year if they sat out because of COVID or made any "political statements" (specifically, BLM or anti-police ones), they'd get booted off the team. Truly a nutsack of a human.
LVMH

« Reply #1283 on: October 19, 2021, 04:04:19 pm »

that is kinda insane that a state employee can get paid $3.2 mill!
obviously in the wrong line of work
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1284 on: October 19, 2021, 04:10:14 pm »

The coach at Alabama makes 9.5 million.

« Reply #1285 on: October 19, 2021, 04:20:33 pm »

Look at what Alabama football makes in profit and what it funds at Alabama's athletic department overall and still throws millions back in Alabama's general scholarship fund. Nick Saban is underpaid, my man.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1286 on: October 19, 2021, 04:39:35 pm »

Look at what Alabama football makes in profit and what it funds at Alabama's athletic department overall and still throws millions back in Alabama's general scholarship fund. Nick Saban is underpaid, my man.

Seems like the players are the ones doing the heavy lifting.

« Reply #1287 on: October 19, 2021, 04:42:22 pm »

Seems like the players are the ones doing the heavy lifting.
The players don't come without Nick Saban being there. Look at *gestures at the 20 years of desolate wasteland that was Alabama football between Gene Stallings and Saban*

That's sort of like saying "why is CEO pay so high? Middle management does all the daily work." No shit. Nick Saban is the de facto CEO of Alabama Football and its perfectly reasonable for him to paid in line with how a CEO of a company equally profitable as Alabama Football would be.

(Alabama's QB -- who had never taken a snap 8 weeks ago -- has around $1.5 mil in NIL payments this year, if I'm not mistaken so don't cry for him, dude.)
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #1288 on: October 19, 2021, 06:02:10 pm »
The top 4 public employees last year in CA are all coaches from the University of CA system (UCLA football [$4.3m], UCLA Basketball [$4.25m], Cal Football $3.1m], and the retired UCLA Football coach [$3m]).

The next 20 or so are doctors in the UC system and the Chief Investment Officer of the UC system.  The Chancellor, Michael Drake who left Ohio St will make the list in 2021, his first full year. 

The highest non-UC employee employee is the chief investment officer of the California State Teachers' Retirement System (the world's largest pension system) at $1,302,646.
27>34

WALKonBack

« Reply #1289 on: October 19, 2021, 06:56:30 pm »
That's American motherfuckers sucking the dicks of the NFL / NHL / NBA / COLLEGE Sports for you.  See what happens when suck all their dicks?  They do want they fuck they want, while you're shaking your head at how much teachers get paid 

Ye, End.