Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 410345 times)

Space Freely

Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1980 on: September 17, 2023, 10:33:33 am »
Jann Wenner Removed From Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation Board of Directors

Wenner, who was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a non-performer in 2004, was one of the founders of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

I don't care that much, but this is kind of shitty.

He's a shitty person.

Because his opinion differs from yours? Write yoir oen book.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1981 on: September 17, 2023, 10:56:58 am »
He may or may not be a shitty person, but he is definitely an idiot to have put himself in this position.  I read the interview and thought to myself that this is not a good look to put on display for all to see.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1982 on: September 17, 2023, 12:39:40 pm »
so his initial comments about blacks and women were certifiably idiotic, but then he followed up with: "Just for public relations sake, maybe I should have gone and found one Black and one woman artist to include here that didn’t measure up to that same historical standard, just to avert this kind of criticism."

apparently stuffing one foot into his mouth wasn't enough, had to go for seconds.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1983 on: September 17, 2023, 01:04:12 pm »
so his initial comments about blacks and women were certifiably idiotic, but then he followed up with: "Just for public relations sake, maybe I should have gone and found one Black and one woman artist to include here that didn’t measure up to that same historical standard, just to avert this kind of criticism."

apparently stuffing one foot into his mouth wasn't enough, had to go for seconds.

Again, those are his opinions. I welcome a diversity of opinions, even those I don't agree with. Apparently the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does not. How Rock and Roll of them.

If we're kicking people out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for being shitty people, why not kick these people out, for starters:

Jimmy Page, David Bowie and Mick Jagger:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Mattix

Pete Townshend:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/may/08/arts.ukcrime

John Phillips:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Phillips_(musician)#:~:text=February%203%2C%201995.-,Abuse%20allegations,she%20was%2019%20years%20old.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1984 on: September 17, 2023, 04:24:05 pm »
He was kicked of the board of directors an organization he co-founded, not sure about the hall itself

So if I put my outsider/conspiracy theory hat on, they were looking for a reason to get rid of him for awhile, and this was their best public reason to do so.
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #1985 on: September 17, 2023, 09:32:39 pm »
Russell Brand, shitty talentless person

Good riddance

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1986 on: September 18, 2023, 01:25:46 am »

Again, those are his opinions.

just because it's someone's opinion doesn't mean that it's immune from criticism.  he said it, i criticized it.   

]Russell Brand, shitty talentless person

Good riddance

recap: if someone's opinions coincides with Space's, he'll defend them.  if their opinions diverge, they get the Space Dunk™.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #1987 on: September 18, 2023, 08:39:31 am »

Again, those are his opinions.

just because it's someone's opinion doesn't mean that it's immune from criticism.  he said it, i criticized it.   

]Russell Brand, shitty talentless person

Good riddance

recap: if someone's opinions coincides with Space's, he'll defend them.  if their opinions diverge, they get the Space Dunk™.

Apples and oranges.

Jan Wenner wrote a book. He picked out the subjects for his book. Someone took offense to the book, saying it should have included blacks and women. He gave his opinion on why he did not include them. It doesn't even seem like he consciously said to himself "I'm going to keep blacks and women out of my book." It sort of just happened that way. Like that year when the Wizards didn't have any blacks or women on their team.

I've never read the book. I have no opinion on the book. I have no opinion on whom he should have included. Because it's his book. He can choose to include whomever he wants to for whatever reasons he wants to. And it as clear that it was his opinion. And if people don't like who he included or didn't include, they can choose not to read it. It sounds like the kind of book that only Hutch would read anyway (and I mean that out of love for Hutch, seriously.) Voice your opinion by not buying his book, not by kicking him off of a committee.

Russell Brand is a conspiracy theory spreading douchebag who is annoying as hell and who is alleged to have raped four women, at least one of them the same age as my 16 year old daughter. So yeah, I'm going to shit on him. I wish I could literally shit on his bug eyed face with explosive diarrhea.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 08:41:22 am by Space Freely »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1989 on: September 18, 2023, 10:43:14 am »
Apples and oranges.

Jan Wenner wrote a book. He picked out the subjects for his book. Someone took offense to the book, saying it should have included blacks and women. He gave his opinion on why he did not include them. It doesn't even seem like he consciously said to himself "I'm going to keep blacks and women out of my book." It sort of just happened that way. Like that year when the Wizards didn't have any blacks or women on their team.

I've never read the book. I have no opinion on the book. I have no opinion on whom he should have included. Because it's his book. He can choose to include whomever he wants to for whatever reasons he wants to. And it as clear that it was his opinion. And if people don't like who he included or didn't include, they can choose not to read it. It sounds like the kind of book that only Hutch would read anyway (and I mean that out of love for Hutch, seriously.) Voice your opinion by not buying his book, not by kicking him off of a committee.

Holy shit it's as if you don't know what systemic racism is.

« Reply #1990 on: September 19, 2023, 08:16:48 pm »
Jann Wenner

Jann Wenner’s Rock Hall Reign Lasted Years. It Ended in 20 Minutes.
NYT
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1991 on: September 19, 2023, 08:44:55 pm »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1992 on: September 19, 2023, 08:49:00 pm »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator