Author Topic: Belly up, fired, and retired  (Read 410247 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Belly up, fired, and retired
« Reply #1995 on: September 23, 2023, 12:11:16 pm »
if anyone here has ever harbored fantasies of owning a Moog, now would be a good time to act...

inMusic has laid off a large portion of the Moog staff, a sad day for the synth industry

unfortunately, this was probably the best outcome that could have been expected.  making synths by hand, in the US, just doesn't work economically.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1996 on: September 27, 2023, 02:14:06 pm »

« Reply #1997 on: October 04, 2023, 08:12:14 am »
Harborplace pavilions to be torn down in inner harbor
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1998 on: October 05, 2023, 01:34:37 am »
good.  that area needs a makeover

Harborplace pavilions to be torn down in inner harbor

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1999 on: October 05, 2023, 06:45:48 am »
The Great Headline Thread now that the genius ruining the former bird site has removed them from any article posted over there. I guess he just likes pictures… fucking tool
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2000 on: October 05, 2023, 09:07:16 am »
Roy Wood Jr. As a Daily Show correspondent, but apparently leaving the door open becoming a host of the show.
T.Rex

« Reply #2001 on: October 05, 2023, 09:32:49 am »
Roy Wood Jr. As a Daily Show correspondent, but apparently leaving the door open becoming a host of the show.
roy wood jr is a great comedian
Love his stuff.
But not sure he has the gravitas (where is the fisticuffs thread when you need it) to host a whole show
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2002 on: October 05, 2023, 10:31:28 am »
I think his week as host went really well, he brought a little extra ummph that trevor may have been missing,  obviously he has good interviewing skills from being a correspondent but i'm sure he would improve on those.

it's a bummer that piece about Hasan Minhaj came out about him making fabrications in his stand-up, etc, because he was the most solid guest host... i would have to think the average Daily Show viewer wouldn't care about such thing, but there is that very vocal element who will just carry on about...
T.Rex

evilizac

« Reply #2003 on: October 05, 2023, 10:36:18 am »
Yeah I love Roy Wood's drawl as a raconteur, but I thought Hasan showed the most classic Daily Show presence, especially with his cutting, but affable interview with Kevin O'Leary. Very Jon Stewart, the kind of thing that burned McCain. It looks like he'll be his own downfall with all of that. That whole thing is a tough argument for how much fantasy is to be allowed for, in a comedian's take on subject matter.
Too be fair, when you do sell your schtick as exasperated earnestness mixed with jadedness and then trade in inflammatory fake events of things the could have happened to you, then you kind of become a mirror of folks like Alex Jones. Maybe that's extreme, but I'm kind of standing by it. All that said, and honestly, maybe I'm disappointed because I really, really like Hasan, but his juvenile response and lack of introspection is more than a bit disappointing.   
WHAT?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2004 on: October 09, 2023, 09:06:58 am »
Bill Belichick's career

« Reply #2005 on: October 09, 2023, 10:14:39 am »
RFKjr (as a Democrat...going to run as an Independent)

My feeling is this hurts Trump/GOP more than anything...as they are literally the only people supporting him
I don't think there is a scintilla (jules used in 2015) of support for him amonst dem voters

this quote is great
Asked for comment on his potential independent run, a Democratic National Committee spokesman responded with an eye roll emoji.

I missed last week's news that Cornell West left the Green Party too
slack

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2006 on: October 09, 2023, 10:27:16 am »
RFKjr (as a Democrat...going to run as an Independent)

My feeling is this hurts Trump/GOP more than anything...as they are literally the only people supporting him
I don't think there is a scintilla (jules used in 2015) of support for him amonst dem voters

this quote is great
Asked for comment on his potential independent run, a Democratic National Committee spokesman responded with an eye roll emoji.

I missed last week's news that Cornell West left the Green Party too

Read a story last week about how the Dump campaign is going to start launching attack ads against RFK Jr because internal polling shows him peeling off Dump voters. No surprise there.

« Reply #2007 on: October 09, 2023, 10:34:55 am »
California Governor Gavin Newsom has vetoed a bill decriminalizing plant-based psychedelics and “magic mushrooms.”
slack

Hutch

« Reply #2008 on: October 09, 2023, 10:42:57 am »
Bill Belichick's career

They haven’t fired/retired him yet…..

I think whatever happens this is his last season

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2009 on: October 09, 2023, 10:43:24 am »
California Governor Gavin Newsom has vetoed a bill decriminalizing plant-based psychedelics and “magic mushrooms.”
Well, I bet if they served them at Atelier Crenn, Mr. Fancypants would give the people their shrooms!
LVMH