Author Topic: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?  (Read 14743 times)

vansmack

Re: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:32 am »
Smackie doesn't queue.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:34 am »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I went to the first Lollapalooza and Nine Inch Nails played? I used their set to go get some food, but I did see enough of them to see that they were having technical difficulties, and Trent started pitching a hissy fit.

Have fun in line!

Lake Fairfax?  I don't remember it that way at all.  They actually won me over that day.

Then again, I was tripping my ass off, so what do I know?

8/13/91, Saratoga Performing Arts Center

K8teebug

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 01:37:49 pm »
I am a standing in line veteran, and looking forward to it (except for the rain, but oh well). I used to stand in line for tickets all the time! Hoping for cool people around me. Bearman, I got you...

Frankly, I'm excited that I get to meet a new Boardie and (hopefully) go see a fun show. I'm probably just as excited to see the Jesus and Mary Chain. In any case, I think it's a stretch to compare waiting in line to using leeches. I detect a sore spot for Julian. Bless his bruised heart.

I am too. Have never seen JAMC! I guess I'm the only person who still doesn't mind being in a line.

bearman🐻

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 02:28:23 pm »
I am a standing in line veteran, and looking forward to it (except for the rain, but oh well). I used to stand in line for tickets all the time! Hoping for cool people around me. Bearman, I got you...

Frankly, I'm excited that I get to meet a new Boardie and (hopefully) go see a fun show. I'm probably just as excited to see the Jesus and Mary Chain. In any case, I think it's a stretch to compare waiting in line to using leeches. I detect a sore spot for Julian. Bless his bruised heart.

I am too. Have never seen JAMC! I guess I'm the only person who still doesn't mind being in a line.

I don't mind either...and if I wasn't out of town, I'd be there too!

Yada

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 02:50:38 pm »
Out of curiosity, as the board gets deeper and deeper into our 40's and 50's (Hi space!), do you still have the angst in you to enjoy NIN? Like, do you sit around your home and listen to their music?

bearman🐻

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 03:21:10 pm »
Out of curiosity, as the board gets deeper and deeper into our 40's and 50's (Hi space!), do you still have the angst in you to enjoy NIN? Like, do you sit around your home and listen to their music?

I like their shows...certain bands I don't listen to often, like NIN, Radiohead, etc. whose music I enjoy but don't listen to very often. But if they tour and do something interesting, I'll go check them out. I'm just as excited about seeing the Jesus and Mary Chain too though. I think both bands together will make it a very worthwhile evening.

Yada

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »

I like their shows...certain bands I don't listen to often, like NIN, Radiohead, etc. whose music I enjoy but don't listen to very often. But if they tour and do something interesting, I'll go check them out. I'm just as excited about seeing the Jesus and Mary Chain too though. I think both bands together will make it a very worthwhile evening.

Cool... that makes sense, was just kind of curious.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 07:11:24 pm »
Hear Nine Inch Nails' Menacing New Song 'God Break Down the Door'
Sax-heavy track highlights band's upcoming 'Bad Witch' LP
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nine-inch-nails-unveil-new-song-god-break-down-the-door-w520414

meh... something of a hot mess.  maybe it makes sense in the context of the album (EP)?

i'd still go to the show, if i could.  i've seen NIN six or seven times, and every show has been memorable if not mind-blowing.  even this new song, which i'm not a fan of, will probably work live.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 08:37:26 pm »

One does not have to "have the angst" to enjoy music like that.

Space Freely

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »

My wife's one big music discovery in the last 15 years in My Chemical Romance, who she discovered in the last six months. They're angsty, aren't they?

Yada

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 08:44:25 am »

My wife's one big music discovery in the last 15 years in My Chemical Romance, who she discovered in the last six months. They're angsty, aren't they?

I've never heard them, but they appear to be pretty, angsty.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 08:47:33 am »
was that a live shot of the queue for tix?
slack

Yada

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 08:48:49 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 08:51:48 am »
was that a live shot of the queue for tix?

POTW. Which one us Julian? I thought he told us he wouldn't be standing in line?

Relaxer

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 10:11:45 am »
I personally dig My Chemical Romance. They're the American version of Muse, except instead of worshipping Queen, they adore Cheap Trick.
oword