Author Topic: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped  (Read 124462 times)

Space Freely

Re: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2019, 11:51:46 pm »
11/8 Giant

Pretenders-Back on the Chain Gang
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- I Love Rock and Roll

twangirl

« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2019, 02:00:07 am »
Whole Foods Tenleytown

Rufus Thomas: (Do The) Push and Pull (Part 1)

Looky here, push it, pull it, push it, pull it.
Get on up, get on down!

Space Freely

« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2019, 03:24:52 pm »
12/21 Whole Foods

The Smiths-"Ask".

Space Freely

« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2020, 06:09:54 pm »
1/11 H Street Whole Foods-The Cure-Friday I'm in Love
1/11 Giant- The Cure-Lovesong

twangirl

« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2020, 02:19:35 pm »
HEB South Austin     EMF  "Unbelievable"

Currently residing in the Where Are They Now File

Space Freely

« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2020, 02:50:55 pm »
HEB South Austin     EMF  "Unbelievable"

Currently residing in the Where Are They Now File

We've been slowly making our way through the Netflix show of the same name, and though the song bears no resemblance to the show, the song has been residing in my head for weeks.

WALKonBack

« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2020, 05:32:01 pm »
Now I am the 1st one, to admit, that I post, horrible threads on here sometimes.

But I honestly don't understand this thread, or the point.

To me, it's almost like posting a thread, called, "songs that I heard, coming from other people's cars, at traffic lights."

Space Freely

« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2020, 01:23:59 pm »
Trader Joes: J Geils Band-Love Stinks

I got my physical today. No comments about my hands from the doctor except that they felt really good on her.

Anyway, on the way home I stopped at Trader Joes. There was a slightly disheveled middle aged white guy going around telling everyone (me included) that “Hey did you hear the Redskins got a new coach.  He’s Chinese. His name is Win One Soon.” 

Then after he had my attention, he told me the Astros hired Dusty Baker as their manager. “Why can’t the Nationals get Dusty Baker as their manager?” (Um, Maybe because they just won a World Series with Dave Martinez?)

Then he asked what I thought about the impeachment hearings, and trying to be as unengaging as possible, I said "They're interesting." And he said "I'll tell you what I think. They shouldn't even be having them. That guy should be in jail."

Then he asked “Turkey in a can can’t possibly be healthy, can it? I tell you what’s not healthy, fruit in a can. I tell you what else is not healthy, fried foods. McDonalds? Not healthy (gives thumbs down). Burger King Not healthy (gives thumbs down). Papa John’s? Not healthy (gives thumbs down). Dominoes?  Not healthy (gives thumbs down). Wendy’s? Not healthy (gives thumbs down). Hardees? Not healthy (gives thumbs down). That place down the street, Subway? Not healthy (gives thumbs down). I tell you what is healthy, Chipotle. That’s where I’m going right now.”

Ok, see ya.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2020, 02:48:18 pm »
No comments about my hands from the doctor except that they felt really good on her.

i want to hear more about this.  also, is your doctor accepting new patients?

I tell you what is healthy, Chipotle.

DUDE, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL JULIAN?!?  you need to give a TRIGGER WARNING on that kinda shit.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2020, 03:16:59 pm »

DUDE, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL JULIAN?!?  you need to give a TRIGGER WARNING on that kinda shit.
Me? Grateful probably ejaculated in his own pants somewhere out there in the world when Space hit "Post" and has no idea why.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2020, 03:25:11 pm »
Dominos thin crust is completely under rated and has a very nice Space price point.

Space Freely

« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2020, 03:44:32 pm »
No comments about my hands from the doctor except that they felt really good on her.

i want to hear more about this.  also, is your doctor accepting new patients?

I think I've mentioned my crush on my doctor before. God bless my sexy wife for tolerating  it. Slim Indian woman, sexy accent, unconventionally attractive, a pleasing touch. Makes going for a physical less of a chore and more a pleasantry. Anyway, how about that impeachment trial?

Space Freely

« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2020, 03:46:44 pm »
Dominos thin crust is completely under rated and has a very nice Space price point.

Is it any better/cheaper than Papa Johns? We do the Wizards/Nationals 50% discounted Papa Johns once in a while but frankly I'm sick of garbage pizza. Whole Foods has a half priced frozen pizza night, and I'm sure their pizza is better than PJ's.

WALKonBack

« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2020, 04:21:56 pm »
Do you know what Space, and creepy have in common?

This, place.

Yada

« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2020, 04:22:16 pm »

Is it any better/cheaper than Papa Johns? We do the Wizards/Nationals 50% discounted Papa Johns once in a while but frankly I'm sick of garbage pizza. Whole Foods has a half priced frozen pizza night, and I'm sure their pizza is better than PJ's.

I don't think I've had PJ's pizza purposely since the 90's, but if it's as bad as it was then, then Dominos is MUCH better. All I know is that you can get two medium/two topping pies for $5.99 each and we participate in this luxury at least once a month.