Author Topic: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped  (Read 125089 times)

Re: In Which I Share With You the Best Song that Played as I Grocery Shopped
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2018, 11:03:06 am »
Three minutes later, the opening chords to Tom Petty's "The Waiting" kicked in and I knew we had a winner. Just as the chorus was kicking in, I heard a loony kid a few aisles over start singing along at the top of her lungs. "Some parent is probably gong to be mortified." I thought.....but then realized it was *my* kid. I wasn't sure whether to be embarrassed or proud.
I'd be proud...if it was Katie Perry, I'd be mortified
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2018, 09:11:14 am »
Sunday, 10/7 Giant

First song I recognized was "Forever Man" by Eric Clapton. This one should be in a competition with half of the Billy Joel and all of the Phil Collins catalog for worst song ever. The synth line sounds like it was lifted form Jan Hammer's Miami Vice Theme.

If God isn't real, can we please get rid of Eric Clapton too?

I guess the best song was "And We Danced" by the Hooters. Nothing to write home about, but at least their legions of fans aren't claiming they are "God."

hutch

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2018, 09:14:23 am »
I do believe Phil Collins was involved with Forever Man and yes it is an atrocity

I was thinking about Eric Crapton this morning...god since about 1971 he has sucked and yet people worship him

BTW read his autobiography....you will loathe him after doing so...a horrible person

hutch

« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:27 am »
Errata: Phil Collins plays on and conproduced half of Behind the Sun but not Forever Man

Go Phil!

BTW Phil played Verizon Center Sunday...I was very sad to miss it ...people I talked to after show said he is on last legs

ggw

« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
Haddaway - What Is Love?
Steely Dan - Reeling in the Years

Hard call...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2018, 01:58:53 pm »
Errata: Phil Collins plays on and conproduced half of Behind the Sun but not Forever Man

Go Phil!

BTW Phil played Verizon Center Sunday...I was very sad to miss it ...people I talked to after show said he is on last legs

actually, he isn't on his legs at all... at least not for the tour opener in florida: he sat for the entire performance, walked in with a cane, and didn't play drums.   the setlist in DC was identical to the FL setlist.  looks like phil is phoning it in.

tour is called "not dead yet"... which, while technically true...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2018, 02:02:29 pm »
What is Love is such a Walkie song

hutch

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2018, 02:04:37 pm »

Go Phil!

actually, he isn't on his legs at all... at least not for the tour opener in florida: he sat for the entire performance, walked in with a cane, and didn't play drums.   the setlist in DC was identical to the FL setlist.  looks like phil is phoning it in.

tour is called "not dead yet"... which, while technically true...

He is just not in good shape...health problem

Lots of artists play identical set lists night after night and it means nothing

ggw

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »
Duran Duran - A View to a Kill
?? - A cover of Belinda Carlisle's "Heaven Is a Place on Earth". Kind of a slow club jam version.

Space Freely

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2018, 11:12:39 am »
Thurs, 10/11

Blind Melon-No Rain. Trader Joe's. I hated this song with a passion when it was overplayed on the VT radio station I listened to back when it was released. Now I think it's ok given that I only hear it once every five years.. We had just dashed into TJ's sans umbrellas in a rainstorm and it was playing. Perfect.

Talking Heads-Uh Oh, Love Comes to Town. Whole Foods. Uh Oh, second time I've heard this song in a short period of time at WF. Maybe they have just a handful of songs on endless replay. In my younger years I have worked in that kind of environment and I think it qualifies as a minor form of abuse.

Space Freely

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2018, 10:47:06 pm »
10/16
Whole Foods:

Stones-It's Only Rock and Roll
Rod Stewart- Maggie Mae

Giant:

Kiss-Beth

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2018, 02:09:52 pm »
10/16
Whole Foods:

Rod Stewart- Maggie Mae

Giant:

Kiss-Beth

Pretty good shopping day.

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2018, 02:17:23 pm »
10/16
Whole Foods:

Rod Stewart- Maggie Mae

Giant:

Kiss-Beth

Pretty good shopping day.
in 1976 ....
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2018, 02:29:43 pm »
I forgot to get paper towels yesterday so it was back to Giant today. The glories of teleworking.

U2- Mysterious Ways

U2 seems to be the band that people who are trying to be cool love to hate. Whereas other people love them. There seems to be little in between. I'm an in between. Some of their stuff is great, some is complete garbage. This particular song is ok.

hutch

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2018, 02:47:41 pm »
Paper towels are worth going back for

The two bands all guys listened to at my college circa 1990 were REM and U2...I think it was considered ok or cool in a conformist I have zero individuality kind of way....