Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 456723 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #1800 on: March 10, 2020, 11:01:18 pm »
Now i know how George Conway and James Carville must feel.
now that's a plot of a great comedy sitcom
slack

« Reply #1801 on: March 10, 2020, 11:04:31 pm »
Hearing Bernie is suspending campaign

Color me surprised...great news
source?
News on @MSNBC: Bernie Sanders does not plan on speaking tonight. He will not deliver any remarks.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1802 on: March 11, 2020, 12:10:24 am »
Joementum!!!
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1803 on: March 11, 2020, 07:04:28 am »
I understand that Bernie Supporters are a passionate bunch of people, but there is a lot of bright shiny objectsism going on.  Witness the clip of Biden interacting with the auto worker over gun control.  Apparently he lost the entire election over that, amongst other things...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #1804 on: March 11, 2020, 08:22:43 am »
I understand that Bernie Supporters are a passionate bunch of people, but there is a lot of bright shiny objectsism going on.  Witness the clip of Biden interacting with the auto worker over gun control.  Apparently he lost the entire election over that, amongst other things...

Can you please explain that in plain English for this stupid Biden voter? I don't know what "shiny objectsism" is and I haven't seen the video you reference.

Space Freely

« Reply #1805 on: March 11, 2020, 08:25:02 am »
I think she is wrong...basically the big money stayed on sidelines...Biden blitzed Super Tuesday without $ or organization...he is doing same tonight

I am so tired of Bernie supporters saying anyone who votes for Biden is rich or establishment or old or a dumb person

I got rolled out of bed, put my clothes on, poured a bowl of Corn Chex, and got a ten minute, one sentence rant on this this morning. You forgot to mention that they like to reference Biden's dementia, and say that they don't care if Trump gets re-elected, Biden is no different than Trump.

« Reply #1806 on: March 11, 2020, 08:58:13 am »
say that they don't care if Trump gets re-elected, Biden is no different than Trump.
I really don't know how people can say a statement like this with a straight face

I have a have a toy gun and an uzi....they are no different right?

Biden is not perfect...but who the fuck is, definitely not bernie
but Trump is an unmitigated disaster and I'd vote for Marriane Williams or Tuslsi before voting for trump
to thing that EVERYTHING isn't on the line with this election and to casually make statements like that is insane
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:01:01 am by Sidehätchenfreude ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llı »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1807 on: March 11, 2020, 09:01:28 am »

Can you please explain that in plain English for this stupid Biden voter? I don't know what "shiny objectsism" is and I haven't seen the video you reference.

It just seems to me everyday there is something new for some to rage on about or had a new bright shiny object to focus on.

Here’s the clip in question where Joe calls BS on the issue and is seen by some of him losing votes, etc

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1237471924235755523?s=21
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #1808 on: March 11, 2020, 09:06:13 am »
Same thing they said about Hillary and how did that go!?

Some people never learn

But let’s be respectful of Bernie peeps...they are reeling today

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1809 on: March 11, 2020, 09:28:16 am »
Yup probably a little heavy handed in my assessment, not sure why I’m feeling so feisty these days ... back to posting about music only...
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1810 on: March 11, 2020, 11:16:36 am »
This article is some Julian-level snark and savagery.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1811 on: March 11, 2020, 01:08:32 pm »
got a ten minute, one sentence rant

this made me chuckle... marital poetry!

they don't care if Trump gets re-elected, Biden is no different than Trump.

this is honestly horrifying.  those folks need to sit the fuck down, do whatever the hell it is that they do to relax, and have a long hard think.  they need to look back at the last 3.5 years (normally i'd say "a long, hard look" but i'll assume these folks still have an ounce of objectivity left - please dont prove me wrong).

i am quite fond of your better half, but please tell her to get a grip.  it's that kind of thinking that will end up giving us four more years of walls, racism, reduced healthcare and increased environmental destruction (with several helpings of corporate welfare).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:10:23 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1812 on: March 11, 2020, 01:12:02 pm »
This article is some Julian-level snark and savagery.

amidst the savagery there is this analytical gem: "He is not expanding his coalition — and doesn’t seem interested in making any effort to do so. Typical of ideologues, Sanders has decided it’s his way or no way. And Democratic voters have opted for no way."
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1813 on: March 11, 2020, 01:24:52 pm »
this is honestly horrifying.  those folks need to sit the fuck down, do whatever the hell it is that they do to relax, and have a long hard think.  they need to look back at the last 3.5 years (normally i'd say "a long, hard look" but i'll assume these folks still have an ounce of objectivity left - please dont prove me wrong).
The "there is no difference between Biden/Hillary and Trump" wing of the party remind me of that Emo Philips joke about Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or 1912.

Whenever someone wants to tell you the left is where all the smart people are, just tell them to shut the help up.
LVMH

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1814 on: March 11, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1237690798046695424.html?fbclid=IwAR3R5WXgcWPL0LqBXjVtUiy_lBLWysfgCJpKD43nRX-VX2o3ylTrOjoHdsc 

Profile picture
Granite
@oneminutecall
   Profile picture
9 hours ago, 12 tweets, 3 min read

Here’s the truth...I’m a straight, white, christian, educated American male who makes a fuckton of money. Elections can’t even touch me. Fuck it, vote for Drumpf. Or ignore Biden because your favorite Grandpa didn’t get the nod. Go for it. I still win. Drumpf is a plus for me. 1/
The thing is, he’s still a cancerous ghoul whose only goal is power and wealth and he’s happy to take a big syphilitic piss on the Constitution and the institutional strength of America to do it. But again, I still win. I’ll pay lower taxes and my kids will surpass yours. 2/
I get why people like the guy—especially fat-faced dimwits. He’s the dumb bully they never got to be. He exudes a tasteless person’s vision of status. He’s what every angry moron thinks he’d be if only the liberals/Jews/welfare queens/etc. hadn’t ruined the American dream. 3/
Doesn’t really matter though. I still win. I’ll wiggle out of income taxes and send my kids to private school and never worry about insurance and buy a boat named “$elf Made.” I’ll buy houses to rent to 40-ish millennials with 🌹in their twitter names who can’t afford to buy. 4/
And you’ll either vote for the next Drumpf (you idiot) or boycott the next Biden because you grew up in the era of fake internet points and
The world’s platform for change
Change.org is the world’s largest petition platform, using technology to empower more than 200 million users to create the change they want to see.
http://Change.org
petitions and you think fleeting, peacocking displays of your ethical rectitude mean fuck-all in the real world. 5/
Or maybe you’ll realize that the reason I’m saying all this asshole-ish but truthful shit is because you (you, me, the broader we) actually have to quit pretending that being a pissbaby about your candidate is going to do anything but make life worse for vulnerable people. 6/
It doesn’t matter that you liked Bernie. Or Warren (man I liked Warren) or McKinsey Pete or whoever the fuck Tom Steyer is. It doesn’t matter. They lost. And pretending that someone who can’t beat Joe Fucking Biden was going to win the general is asinine. 7/
Because here’s the thing—the real thing. You’ve got to give a shit about other people. A kid in Pennsylvania is counting on you to send Betsy Devos packing so he can have a school lunch—the only real meal he gets in a day. RBG is out here clingin to life to save jurisprudence. 8/
People from all degrees of marginalized existences—the poor, LGBTs, immigrants, your grandma with diabetes, minorities—are counting on you to stop wilfully making shit worse by “stanning” some defunct candidate and giving more power to the grifters and single-issue fuckwits. 9/
So sit around and pet your crotch about how Bernie was going to forgive your loans from your semiotics degree at Swarthmore. Or maybe just grow up a little and stop making the world better for people like me and worse for people to whom we owe a duty of care as fellow humans. 10/
Care about the greater good for once—not just your infantile, idealized, selfish version of it. Care enough about your country to put away your fantasies about loan forgiveness and stop the guy whose goal is “well done steak cooked over the ashes of American governance.” 11/
Or, don’t. Like I said. I’ll be fine. Looking forward to that boat, really. 12/12