Author Topic: Bands/artists you would like to see but prob won’t happen  (Read 8385 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: Bands/artists you would like to see but prob won’t happen
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2020, 10:03:25 am »
Not holding my breath for it to fucking happen but I'll travel anywhere in the world for a Cocteau Twins reunion.
Also I wish Richard Hawley would do a goddamn US tour already.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2020, 01:25:16 pm »
for bearman: Aphex Twin.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2020, 01:29:31 pm »
Not holding my breath for it to fucking happen but I'll travel anywhere in the world for a Cocteau Twins reunion.
Also I wish Richard Hawley would do a goddamn US tour already.

I'd go to that one.

bearman🐻

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2020, 01:59:51 pm »
for bearman: Aphex Twin.

I'm grateful I got to at least see that one...

It's hard to think of any current artists I haven't seen but still perform. I guess I'd like to see the current Misfits thing. Neil Young. The House of Love (whichever lineup Guy Chadwick is putting together). David Byrne. Hole (sounds like the classic lineup is rehearsing).

Bands I wish I could see if I could time travel: Joy Division, Husker Du, the Doors, Bryan Jones-era Stones, Motorhead (no Sleep Til Hammersmith era), The B-52's with Ricky Wilson (Wild Planet era), Pylon, the Gun Club, the Cramps, Minor Threat, Black Flag w/Chuck Biscuits on drums, Circle Jerks w/Chuck Biscuits or Lucky Lehrer, the Jam, Bowie circa Station to Station, the Who circa Tommy, Big Black, the Smiths, the Fall.

Bands I'm glad that I saw while I could: The Stooges, Red House Painters (when Gorden Mack was still on guitar), Cocteau Twins, Galaxie 500, Heatmiser, Elliott Smith, Nirvana, Lou Reed, Material Issue, Lush, INXS, the Germs (okay, Darby wasn't there, but that show was still insane and incredible), the Buzzcocks, Beastie Boys, the Ramones, George Michael, RUN DMC, Grant Hart, AC/DC (though I guess a version of them will be touring soon), Rush, Soft Cell.   

vansmack

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2020, 02:00:29 pm »
we are pleased to hear that the re-negotiations went so well!

Different negotiating partner.
27>34

nkotb

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2020, 02:09:06 pm »
Would be cool if Mclusky played again. Glad I got to see them originally

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2020, 02:13:42 am »
ministry
mr. bungle
tool (only half joking... they just announced additional dates, but nothing near me)
<sig>

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2020, 07:25:37 am »
Uncle tupelo
slack

hutch

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2020, 08:44:12 am »
With you on Mr Bungle!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2020, 12:27:37 pm »
Pearl Jam apparently... got bumpkiss in ten club lottery, like an idiot didn’t sign for the presale and watched the website apparently crash during the regular sale..

Am seriously considering letting my ten club membership lapse, seeing as how infrequent they do full scale tour’s anymore

Yes I’m in full on whiny mode at the moment
T.Rex

WALKonBack

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2020, 02:16:40 pm »
Baltimore'd

Yada

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:40 pm »
Pearl Jam apparently... got bumpkiss in ten club lottery, like an idiot didn’t sign for the presale and watched the website apparently crash during the regular sale..

Am seriously considering letting my ten club membership lapse, seeing as how infrequent they do full scale tour’s anymore

Yes I’m in full on whiny mode at the moment

Sucks kosmo... Every Ten club member I know scored tickets but the general onsale was a bloodbath.

I'm sure they'll do a massive tour this fall... Not that tickets would be any eaiser but two east coast dates with one of them being in a tiny arena doesn't make for easy tickets.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2020, 03:29:26 pm »
Baltimore'd
Are you saying this was a natural DC show?
LVMH

WALKonBack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2021, 11:43:53 am »
Kate Bush

Wait no longer.

Filmed by the UK's Granada Television channel in April 1979 and originally intended for broadcast as part of the 'On The Road' tv series, this concert was performed as part of Kate Bush's Tour Of Life. However, due to live technical problems at the time and some flaws in the performance, the video tapes were archived and remained unbroadcast for the next 40 years until their discovery in 2019.

This is the complete show. It includes raw and unedited camera angles, backstage chat between technicians, band members and Kate Bush herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT-vui0MksI