Author Topic: Concert you regret missing most?  (Read 9365 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Concert you regret missing most?
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2020, 05:35:22 pm »
This is not the rub in the shows you did get to see others wish they had thread Bearman!!
Hey Bearman, I saw Bowie AND Prince so put that in your pipe and smoke it.  ;D

So...how were they??
Bowie was the better of the two. It was part of that weird traveling festival with Moby in like 2002. Wish he had played longer.

Prince was musically super-tight but I was somewhat disappointed he did not play more hits, which seemed to have been his MO in later years.

If I could magically see either again, I would pick Bowie.

Verrrry interesting. I wish I could time travel to see Prince around this era (early '82): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYQUbh8HHA&t=3124s

Space Freely

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2020, 05:39:01 pm »
also, i was contemplating going to see frightened rabbit on that last tour....i had heard great things, knew a few songs, but just didnt make it happen.

I though that show sucked though the original MOF tour stop 10 years prior at RNR Hotel was great.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2020, 05:41:16 pm »
also, i was contemplating going to see frightened rabbit on that last tour....i had heard great things, knew a few songs, but just didnt make it happen.

I though that show sucked though the original MOF tour stop 10 years prior at RNR Hotel was great.

Would have liked to see for myself. Since he died, I probably have listened to Leper more than any other song (except for the Humpty Dance) on my iTunes.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 07:10:32 pm »
The Jam at the Punch & Judy.  I caught the bus home in front of the venue and remember seeing the poster promoting the show...  there were also several other shows I missed there but that was the one that hurts the most...

I blame it on the lack of an older cooler sibling

T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2020, 07:24:43 pm »
he was so sick at that last black cat show.

(_|_)

Yada

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2020, 07:40:51 pm »
he was so sick at that last black cat show.

Sick as in awesome or sick as in ill?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2020, 10:27:07 pm »
Talking Heads at Merriweather
U2 on the War tour at Ritchie Coliseum
Dead Kennedys at WUST
Husker Du at Lisner
Grateful Dead in Europe in 1990

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2020, 12:01:12 am »
I saw that Talking Heads show at Merriweather and then King Crimson with Adrian Belew the next night.

Anyone ever see Bob Marley live?

Talking Heads at Merriweather
U2 on the War tour at Ritchie Coliseum
Dead Kennedys at WUST
Husker Du at Lisner
Grateful Dead in Europe in 1990

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2020, 01:47:10 am »
my greatest regret just resurfaced, my subconscious had suppressed it: i never saw the tragically hip.  despite being a big fan since i was a teen.  despite them playing the 930 a half-dozen times while i was in DC.  i tried to get tix to 3 of their farewell tour shows and would have gotten on a plane had i scored, alas the ticket gods didn't smile on me.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2020, 09:42:57 am »
my greatest regret just resurfaced, my subconscious had suppressed it: i never saw the tragically hip.  despite being a big fan since i was a teen.  despite them playing the 930 a half-dozen times while i was in DC.  i tried to get tix to 3 of their farewell tour shows and would have gotten on a plane had i scored, alas the ticket gods didn't smile on me.

Honest question: What was so great about the Tragically Hip? They're definitely within the limits of my musical taste, but I just never got why they received so much adulation. I watched that documentary on Netflix which featured a lot of live performance and I just thought they were pretty lame. My wife even commented "Why are you wasting your time watching such mediocre garbage?" and I watched it hoping they'd prove her wrong but I came away agreeing with her.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2020, 10:56:32 am »
As a Detroiter who is therefore 40% Canadian, you shut your damn mouth.
LVMH

Bagley

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2020, 12:34:48 pm »

Anyone ever see Bob Marley live?

I had the extreme good fortune of seeing him twice:

The Lenox Music Inn (near Tanglewood-western MA)-6/18/78
and
The Colgate University Gym- Hamilton, NY-10/31/79 (Halloween)

Both religious experiences and I haven't been the same since.

Never saw Peter Tosh tho

dyecraig

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2020, 07:04:27 pm »
Oh gosh where do I begin?

For starters, any Joe Strummer or Fall show. I did see The Clash on the Combat Rock Tour, so I have that, and the T-shirt.

I also attended that Moby/ Bowie /Busta Rhymes /?show at what is now Jiffy Lube. It was short but when the the lights behind him that spelled Bowie changed to Ziggy, that was something. That lighting apparatus was on display at the David Bowie Is exhibit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 07:06:44 pm by dyecraig »

heff

« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 02:08:59 pm »

Honest question: What was so great about the Tragically Hip? They're definitely within the limits of my musical taste, but I just never got why they received so much adulation. I watched that documentary on Netflix which featured a lot of live performance and I just thought they were pretty lame. My wife even commented "Why are you wasting your time watching such mediocre garbage?" and I watched it hoping they'd prove her wrong but I came away agreeing with her.
I saw them at the first HFStival in `90.  At the time I only knew them from their "New Orleans" song and I wasn't that impressed with the performance.  As a matter of fact, that was a pretty lame festival.  Pursuit of Happiness played and I was psyched to see them but they weren't that great as was Concrete Blonde.  The next year was much better.

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 02:47:40 pm »
when I was in high school I had scored pretty decent seats to the Bowie Glass Spider tour
Ended up giving them to my sister and her boyfriend.  They said it was fun, but mostly talked about the parking and high beer prices

That I regret
slack