Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 396268 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2595 on: April 12, 2021, 12:11:04 am »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #2596 on: April 12, 2021, 11:27:02 am »
People on Facebook gleefully posting a pic of their vaccination card crack me up

Some even go “one and done” (I guess people getting J & J)

Do these people not realize we are likely to needvax shots for the rest of our lives?

« Reply #2597 on: April 12, 2021, 03:35:48 pm »
People on Facebook gleefully posting a pic of their vaccination card crack me up
yeah, I think if you were early, was something to brag about
I guess they feel like they are doing some good?
after a year of lockdown it makes them see their path to freedom?!
but I'd almost rather see pics of their sad desk lunch

I'm not a huge fan of the passport thing, as it's a slippery slope on the sharing your medical info with private companies ....where does it go from here
what if the anthem says...well says here you have high blood pressure, not sure I am going to admit you on the possibility you might have a heart attack moshing to 5 seconds of summer

I don't have a solution, but I'm just not a fan of sharing my medical info with anyone but my family and my Dr
and sadly the main reason I'll get the 'passport' is so I can see live music again

Do these people not realize we are likely to needvax shots for the rest of our lives?
This makes me very depressed and I hope this is not the case...but know it's a possiblity
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:42:00 pm by embattled hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #2598 on: April 12, 2021, 04:19:25 pm »
Vaccine passports are already happening in New York State.

https://epass.ny.gov/home
Not getting the greatest reviews
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/04/08/vaccine-passport-new-york-excelsior-pass/

Testing Excelsior Pass, what surprised me most was how easy it is to fake.
Albert Fox Cahn, executive director of the nonprofit Surveillance Technology Oversight Project, told me he was able to load up a volunteer’s Excelsior Pass in about 11 minutes, using nothing more than that person’s Twitter posts and information from publicly available websites. Posting a photo of your CDC vaccination card puts it all out there.

I fear vaccine passports could become something akin to the TSA PreCheck security lines at airports: A system that works to speed up life for the savvy or wealthy, yet literally leaves everyone else in the slow lane.

slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2599 on: April 12, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »
A system that works to speed up life for the savvy or wealthy, yet literally leaves everyone else in the slow lane.
Keep talking, I'm almost there. Guuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh.h.h.h.h.h...
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2600 on: April 12, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »
^ OBPOTW (ON-BRAND POST OF THE WEEK)
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #2601 on: April 12, 2021, 10:24:08 pm »
So why do people have an issue w vaccine passports in order to travel / attend a concert but they don't have an issue w their kids being vaccinated to attend school or getting a drivers license to drive a car? Genuine question because its one and the same to me

As for your medical info, I hate to break it to you guys but your (anonymized (sort of)) medical info is being bought and sold all day every day. I'd be far more worried about your employer telling you to lose weight or stop smoking than the Anthem and your employer has all that info assuming you get health care coverage from your employer.

hutch

« Reply #2602 on: April 13, 2021, 12:38:07 am »
I don’t know why anyone would have an issue with vaccine passports other than paranoia but I see it as an unrealistic hypothetical...I don’t think it’s happening

From IMP’s perspective I kind of think this is the last thing they might want.. let’s imagine the nightmare of 6000 people showing up to a jam band show at the Anthem. That IS a nightmare enough. Now on top of having two hours to scan tickets, security check, etc let’s throw in a vaccine passport check for thousands of stoned drunks... can you imagine? I don’t see it as doable...you would need to spend more money on staff..lines would move slower

From my perspective as a former lowly staff member the idea of interacting with 6000 people - some of whom during a typical concert will get blitzed, aggressive etc is not very appealing if they may have covid cause nobody really knows cause no vaccine passports..I hear you if you say but hey you got the vaccine.. but so what? There are new variants all the time...you can maybe pass it on - to say your kids- even if immunized yourself...the vaccine isn’t 100% effective etc...there are shows where regardless of how friendly you are patrons will virtually spit in your face.. they are not thinking clearly..alcohol makes some very angry..they think having bought a ticket entitles them to be jerks...they get very drunk.. I have been a patron hundreds of times and sometimes gotten very drunk and once in a while not been the most pleasant chap.. I get it..having said that most patrons are cool... also remember most staff you come into contact with at a show at a venue are probably making minimum wage!

Everyone wants concerts to come back..most staff in particular...but it has to be safe and complicated issues are involved..I am sure the higher ups at venues everywhere are giving it thought
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:18:54 am by hutch »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #2603 on: April 13, 2021, 07:27:18 am »
While initially keen on the idea, I don’t see what anyone gets out of carrying one. You’ve vaccinated yourself but does that mean you can’t be a carrier and spreader? Not sure about that.

As far as the club goes, I’d presume it’s just another scan at the door. No biggie.

« Reply #2604 on: April 13, 2021, 07:33:15 am »
 the FDA and CDC are recommending a pause in the use of the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

“Six reported U.S. cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot" from 6.8M+ doses administered.
slack

« Reply #2605 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:18 am »
the FDA and CDC are recommending a pause in the use of the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

“Six reported U.S. cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot" from 6.8M+ doses administered.
This is the opposite of following the science. Tens of thousands will die because of this.
LVMH

brennser

« Reply #2606 on: April 13, 2021, 08:19:39 am »

This is the opposite of following the science. Tens of thousands will die because of this.

Agree - this is preposterous

hutch

« Reply #2607 on: April 13, 2021, 08:24:15 am »
Does seem crazy but it seems the new trend is if just a few people have a problem reaction they pull it

Also just by publicizing this it will add to many people’s vaccine hesitancy

brennser

« Reply #2608 on: April 13, 2021, 08:29:09 am »
Does seem crazy but it seems the new trend is if just a few people have a problem reaction they pull it

100% - I'm baffled - this just made the path to herd immunity so much harder

« Reply #2609 on: April 13, 2021, 08:29:32 am »
Ding, ding, ding!!
LVMH