Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386173 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2020, 12:25:32 pm »
Don’t we have enough shit to worry about going on now that we are going to worry about this?

It wouldn’t bother me in the least..you know what bothers me? That YouTube video of a man going through ten pages of obits in Bergamo newspaper

90% of the deaths in Italy are over 70, and what percent of them were smokers? We're going to tank the future of the world to save these remnants of the past?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/opinions/south-korea-italy-coronavirus-survivability-sepkowitz/index.html

I understand flattening the curve, but there has to be some limits to how much we're going to change society is this is indeed a disease that is mostly going to kill the weakest of old people.

sorry this disease isn't relevant to you.  some of us like our parents. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2020, 12:36:37 pm »
No kidding

One of the things that makes us human is we care about our elders...and have ever since we have been around..with the rationale employed by Space we might as well euthanize old people and the weaker cause of the cost they occasion society

It’s really kind of disgusting and troubling to read Space’s post no doubt stemming from the great inconvenience he has been caused by having his child home and having to be teleworking from home at same time as his lovable wife..get your shit together Space..I mean it’s been a few days

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/16/mel-brooks-and-son-max-team-up-for-coronavirus-psa/?fbclid=IwAR19dztkNbXgXaGLklVFDMhr03wUucWGHQsJx7xWmGrL4syAzXdP7-q7GrQ

Space Freely

« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2020, 12:49:10 pm »
No kidding

One of the things that makes us human is we care about our elders...and have ever since we have been around..with the rationale employed by Space we might as well euthanize old people and the weaker cause of the cost they occasion society

It’s really kind of disgusting and troubling to read Space’s post no doubt stemming from the great inconvenience he has been caused by having his child home and having to be teleworking from home at same time as his lovable wife..get your shit together Space..I mean it’s been a few days

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/16/mel-brooks-and-son-max-team-up-for-coronavirus-psa/?fbclid=IwAR19dztkNbXgXaGLklVFDMhr03wUucWGHQsJx7xWmGrL4syAzXdP7-q7GrQ

FU Hutch. I'm perfectly fine teleworking and homeschooling, until the end of time. It's actually the life my wife and daughter dream of, and I can deal with it just fine.

I'm thinking of others. How many people are going to lose their jobs, their life savings. their homes, etc. because of this? Not everyone can sit at home and telework. Most can't.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2020, 12:54:32 pm »
$1,000 cash per person and you don't have to pay your taxes until July.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2020, 01:02:54 pm »
Anybody else sick of the "we're here for you!" emails? Just got one that almost literally says that in the subject. I don't think I'll need the meeting room scheduling app for a while, and I've got enough kinky underwear for now, thank you very much.
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #351 on: March 17, 2020, 01:03:11 pm »

How about more for those who actually need it and none for those of us who don't.

hutch

« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2020, 01:05:04 pm »
No FU Space

That was a horrible thing to post.

So dismissive of the dead...oh they were old and weak anyways

My reaction when I saw that video of the person turning the pages of obits in Bergamo was to cry - the human reaction-not think oh they were old and weak

So Fuck You

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:06:55 pm by hutch »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2020, 01:06:22 pm »

How about more for those who actually need it and none for those of us who don't.

Yeah, that's part of it.  Deets TBA.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2020, 01:12:52 pm »

Yeah, that's part of it.  Deets TBA.
To make Space’s point, they are talking families that make $180k still getting it. That’s . . . wild.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2020, 01:18:54 pm »
It’s going to take time to work through it

I am guessing before this is all over government will have to assist and prop up many (millions) workers adversely affected...repercussions on taxes (refunds)....halt to evictions etc...lots of things will need to happen to help people through challenging times but the ONE thing that will not happen is society turning on the old and weak

Having said that if there aren’t enough respirators and you have a person who is 80 and a person who is 40 tough choices will I am sure be made...but we are not there yet and hopefully never will be

hutch

« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2020, 01:28:42 pm »
I mean if god forbid we don’t flatten this quick there will be mandatory curfews and the national guard will be roaming the streets distributing pallets of food, medicine  or something

People who say that can’t happen in the US simply aren’t being realistic

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2020, 01:41:39 pm »
Having said that if there aren’t enough respirators and you have a person who is 80 and a person who is 40 tough choices will I am sure be made...but we are not there yet and hopefully never will be

i fear that we are headed for that in early outbreak areas, like seattle.  we spent a long time dillydallying before going on lockdown last friday.  that's a month-plus of the virus spreading.  probably won't be bad everywhere, but i can see certain hospitals having to make some very tough decisions in the coming weeks.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2020, 01:49:37 pm »

I know there's been a lot of these but this one is perfectly absurd.
😐 🎶