Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 385930 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2020, 02:20:45 pm »
Just had a beach house rental out on Hatteras (Outer Banks) for the first week of April cancelled because of a travel ban. Fine with that. Little irked the rental company is taking the tact that "the house is available and you are welcome to stay there, it is not our fault you are not a Dare County resident, ergo no refund or rescheduling". Really?
LVMH

« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2020, 02:29:51 pm »
did they really say ergo in their email

That is a little shitty
Did you pay by credit card...you could probably dispute that easily
slack

« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2020, 02:33:27 pm »
did they really say ergo in their email

That is a little shitty
Did you pay by credit card...you could probably dispute that easily
No, this was a summary of the phone call. They said the house is available and it's outside their control that I am not a resident of the County and allowed to get to the house, which they wanted to stress, is still available.

This is one of those where I'm going to let them give 500 other people this line of reasoning and let someone else run to their local news and get them to do a 180 instead of me actually expending a lot of personal effort.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2020, 02:34:08 pm »

hutch

« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2020, 02:48:24 pm »
This is why things like mandatory curfews and martial law exist

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:07 pm »
My 79 year old mother went and got a haircut yesterdaybecause she "needed" one. She says that she ran the idea past my sister first, and my sister said yes.
questions:
How is a hair salon open at all?
How does an open hair salon feel that serving the elderly right now is a good idea?
Does my sister have an ulterior motive?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2020, 03:51:09 pm »
Maryland to turn vehicle emissions sites into drive-through virus test centers

This is a brilliant idea, great use of facilities already  setup for the handling the lines of vehicles
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2020, 04:58:21 pm »
Just had a beach house rental out on Hatteras (Outer Banks) for the first week of April cancelled because of a travel ban. Fine with that. Little irked the rental company is taking the tact that "the house is available and you are welcome to stay there, it is not our fault you are not a Dare County resident, ergo no refund or rescheduling". Really?

I'd battle that to the bitter end.

« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2020, 05:14:33 pm »

I'd battle that to the bitter end.
As I said, I will let the hivemind of other people impacted do the labor there and see if it doesn’t work itself out.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2020, 06:13:38 pm »
Here's my story for the day.

I got mail saying it's time to renew my driver's license ahead of my expiration in early May. Since I need the VA RealID to fly (my passport is also about to expire), I had to go in in person. I don't know if I'll be able to fly in June, but i wanted to make sure my license issues were taken care of today, before the possibility of everything shutting down (indeed they are now shutting down for at least two weeks) and me not having proper id to fly.

When I arrived at DMV shortly after opening, there was a line outside, and letting one person in for each person who went out. The line was about 30 long.

A short time later, someone tried cut the line and a Latina or maybe Middle Eastern looking woman (point is she definitely wasn't Chinese) reported him to the armed security guards. The guards asked the crowd if the guy indeed cut in line and it was confirmed. They booted his ass out the door.

As he was exiting, he muttered "fucking Chinese looking bitch." To which someone called out, "Hey stop that, that's no cool."  I then added "Go to the back of the line you ugly Flava Flav looking motherfucker."

And surprisingly, rather than leaving in embarrassment, Flav went to the back on the line and stood in the cold rain like the rest of us.

« Reply #370 on: March 17, 2020, 06:17:31 pm »
Space - I think you are in VA?

License expirations are pushed back 60 days as of this morning and real ID requirements aren’t in effect to October so unless I am misunderstanding your travel needs, you are fine (albeit inconvenienced).
LVMH

rich_WDC

« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2020, 06:21:25 pm »
West Virginia.

We're now united as one nation.

Space Freely

« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2020, 06:29:33 pm »
Space - I think you are in VA?

License expirations are pushed back 60 days as of this morning and real ID requirements aren’t in effect to October so unless I am misunderstanding your travel needs, you are fine (albeit inconvenienced).

Yes, VA. Thanks.

I just wanted to get it all done and have one less think to worry about. My wife followed up later in the day, as her birthday/expiration is 25 days after mine.

Was it stupid of me to go stand in a line of strangers who weren't six feet apart (though i tried my best?) Probably, but i felt like it was a safer situation than being in a crowded grocery store Saturday morning. Nobody coughed. Nobody sneezed. I washed my hands in the bathroom before leaving and wore garden gloves when opening doors.

hutch

« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2020, 06:31:56 pm »
Anybody standing in lines at this point is a certifiable moron

Unfortunately they are endangering everyone else...

I guess Space doesn’t care..he’s not old..fuck the old people they are weak

Moron

Yada

« Reply #374 on: March 17, 2020, 06:34:59 pm »
I'd also bet money space didn't call that African American gentlemen "a flava flave lookin mother fucker."