Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386040 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #705 on: April 02, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #706 on: April 02, 2020, 04:11:23 pm »
Between the asymptomatic, those awaiting results, and those who can't get tested, we're probably over a million in the US already, right?

« Reply #707 on: April 02, 2020, 04:34:35 pm »
Between the asymptomatic, those awaiting results, and those who can't get tested, we're probably over a million in the US already, right?
I'd say even more
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #708 on: April 02, 2020, 04:59:52 pm »
Looks like the mask announcement is next on the docket

Space Freely

« Reply #709 on: April 02, 2020, 05:06:13 pm »

Where do you even get some at this point or are they talking about making your own with a t-shirt?

hutch

« Reply #710 on: April 02, 2020, 06:15:09 pm »
Oh no Louisiana

The way I figure it you could have ten cases for every positive person with a result of covid...easy

Everyone should assume they have it

When so many people have it what is the point of testing ? You are not going to test everyone every day and since you have asymptomatic people what is the point? You don’t want to test people, comes back negative and they go out...

Testing makes more sense when you are considering reopening (or before it got out of control) but at this point? If someone comes to hospital with certain symptoms you can assume they have it

(Spitballing here...not a medical professional)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 06:18:04 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #711 on: April 02, 2020, 07:00:46 pm »
Oh no Louisiana

The way I figure it you could have ten cases for every positive person with a result of covid...easy

Everyone should assume they have it

When so many people have it what is the point of testing ? You are not going to test everyone every day and since you have asymptomatic people what is the point? You don’t want to test people, comes back negative and they go out...

Testing makes more sense when you are considering reopening (or before it got out of control) but at this point? If someone comes to hospital with certain symptoms you can assume they have it

(Spitballing here...not a medical professional)

This thing is going to end up killing a hell of a lot of Biden voters.

hutch

« Reply #712 on: April 02, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
Now the key is to develop a cheap test people can do at home every day and get results in minutes

And what they call the antibody test to see if you have had it and are protected...you may not even know you have had it! I had a horrible cough a few weeks ago but think it was from over smoking or something else....but who the fuck knows?

And medical professionals need to answer definitively the question if you can be reinfected again or not

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #713 on: April 02, 2020, 07:54:20 pm »

Where do you even get some at this point or are they talking about making your own with a t-shirt?

putting a t-shirt or scarf over your face:
- if you're infected, it diminishes the number of viruses you exhale, and holds back most of the droplets when you cough
- assists with not touching your face (both as a physical barrier and, ideally, a constant reminder not to touch)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #714 on: April 02, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »
When so many people have it what is the point of testing ? You are not going to test everyone every day and since you have asymptomatic people what is the point?

asymptomatic = having the virus (infected) but not showing the symptoms, such as coughing, shortness of breath, fever, etc.  HOWEVER, they still have the virus so a test will still show if they are infected. the test checks for the presence of the virus, not the presence of a fever or cough.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #715 on: April 02, 2020, 08:04:33 pm »

i think it's going to kill a lot more trump voters.

1) the governors who listened to trump and delayed enacting stay-at-home rules are all exclusively from pro-trump states, as far as i can tell.

2)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #716 on: April 02, 2020, 08:05:05 pm »
Yeah so what?

Are we going to test everyone every day?

Space Freely

« Reply #717 on: April 02, 2020, 08:37:48 pm »

1) the governors who listened to trump and delayed enacting stay-at-home rules are all exclusively from pro-trump states, as far as i can tell.

2)

I'm talking about inner city (Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc) diabetic (and other conditions) black people, who disproportionately have existing medical conditions (and 96% of those dying have pre-existing conditions). The older white people (i.e. Trump voters), primarily live in suburbs and rural areas, where they will be able to more easily socially distance. Not saying Trump won't lose some of his flock, but a disproportionate amount of black people are going to die from this.

Space Freely

« Reply #718 on: April 02, 2020, 08:39:18 pm »
Yeah so what?

Are we going to test everyone every day?

You raise a good point and I haven't really seen an answer to that question.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #719 on: April 02, 2020, 09:04:39 pm »

2)

I'm talking about inner city (Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta, etc) diabetic (and other conditions) black people, who disproportionately have existing medical conditions (and 96% of those dying have pre-existing conditions). The older white people (i.e. Trump voters), primarily live in suburbs and rural areas, where they will be able to more easily socially distance. Not saying Trump won't lose some of his flock, but a disproportionate amount of black people are going to die from this.
Anecdotal as hell but I have several aunts and uncles who are huge Trumpers. None are socially distancing. Total survivorship bias.
LVMH