Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386195 times)

Yada

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1095 on: May 05, 2020, 10:12:25 am »
If you're feeling generous... This puts shit into perspective. From my child's school listserv.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a 5th-grade student in Montgomery County who is undergoing chemotherapy.  At the beginning of April, after not feeling well for several days, her mother suddenly and unexpectedly died. The girl is living in an apartment with her aunt, uncle, and two cousins and all are grieving the loss of their family member. Due to COVID-19, the aunt and uncle are now unemployed, so there is no money coming in and food supply is running low. In addition, the family does not have a car, but does need to get the girl to the hospital for chemotherapy treatments.

The PTA, MCPS, and her Delegates & district council members are engaged to find resources for this family at this very difficult time. However, in the interim, emergency support is needed. We are trying to raise money to pay for their rent, utilities, and nutritious foods for the aunt, uncle, cousins, and young girl while the student is undergoing chemotherapy to alleviate some of the financial stress that they are currently experiencing.

Identity, an organization that provides case management and support for families who live in high-poverty areas of Montgomery County, has graciously agreed to direct funds to this family through their LIFT Fund if designated as such. Donors can make a contribution by going to Identity's LIFT Fund (https://identity-youth.org/donate/), selecting an amount, and designating in the “Additional Comments” box that funds are for the “The A.G. Family.” Contributors will get a thank letter that will serve as a receipt for tax purposes.

Please help this family by making a donation today.

Thank you so much.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1096 on: May 05, 2020, 10:16:02 am »
If you're feeling generous... This puts shit into perspective. From my child's school listserv.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a 5th-grade student in Montgomery County who is undergoing chemotherapy.  At the beginning of April, after not feeling well for several days, her mother suddenly and unexpectedly died. The girl is living in an apartment with her aunt, uncle, and two cousins and all are grieving the loss of their family member. Due to COVID-19, the aunt and uncle are now unemployed, so there is no money coming in and food supply is running low. In addition, the family does not have a car, but does need to get the girl to the hospital for chemotherapy treatments.

The PTA, MCPS, and her Delegates & district council members are engaged to find resources for this family at this very difficult time. However, in the interim, emergency support is needed. We are trying to raise money to pay for their rent, utilities, and nutritious foods for the aunt, uncle, cousins, and young girl while the student is undergoing chemotherapy to alleviate some of the financial stress that they are currently experiencing.

Identity, an organization that provides case management and support for families who live in high-poverty areas of Montgomery County, has graciously agreed to direct funds to this family through their LIFT Fund if designated as such. Donors can make a contribution by going to Identity's LIFT Fund (https://identity-youth.org/donate/), selecting an amount, and designating in the “Additional Comments” box that funds are for the “The A.G. Family.” Contributors will get a thank letter that will serve as a receipt for tax purposes.

Please help this family by making a donation today.

Thank you so much.

Thanks. Donated.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1097 on: May 05, 2020, 10:18:52 am »
Fat white people exercising their rights for boardwalk fries and dipping dots. At least space will have somewhere to go this summer.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/ocean-city-to-reopen-beaches-boardwalk-on-may-9-officials.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Don't act so self-righteous. You'll be going places this summer, too. If club shows start back up, all of you will be at one in less than two weeks.

I am not so sure about that Dr. Spaceman. I am trying to figure out if/when I will even see my soon to be 80 year old mom in NY again. Am hoping that show-going is a thing again by December.

Also, here's a compilation of some Dr. Spaceman clips from 30 Rock.

https://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/dr-spaceman-medical-moments/n21216 

Assuming our West Coast family vacation is postponed, I'm planning on driving to upstate NY in June/July to visit my 79 yo mom and brother.

You'll probably have to fly to a Red State to see a concert in December.

Maybe we can carpool as far as the GW Bridge? I feel like whoever controls the music, we'd be in good shape.

Space Freely

« Reply #1098 on: May 05, 2020, 10:46:31 am »
Fat white people exercising their rights for boardwalk fries and dipping dots. At least space will have somewhere to go this summer.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/ocean-city-to-reopen-beaches-boardwalk-on-may-9-officials.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Don't act so self-righteous. You'll be going places this summer, too. If club shows start back up, all of you will be at one in less than two weeks.

I am not so sure about that Dr. Spaceman. I am trying to figure out if/when I will even see my soon to be 80 year old mom in NY again. Am hoping that show-going is a thing again by December.

Assuming our West Coast family vacation is postponed, I'm planning on driving to upstate NY in June/July to visit my 79 yo mom and brother.

Maybe we can carpool as far as the GW Bridge? I feel like whoever controls the music, we'd be in good shape.

Sorry, won't be going anywhere near GW Bridge. And going to a county with a case rate at about a quarter of what Fairfax County has. Sounds like you'll have a riskier slog?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1099 on: May 05, 2020, 11:02:09 am »

Sorry, won't be going anywhere near GW Bridge. And going to a county with a case rate at about a quarter of what Fairfax County has. Sounds like you'll have a riskier slog?

yeah, 95, NJ Tpike, some sort of bridge, LIE, thru the epicenter, to the very close to the epicenter.

Yada

« Reply #1100 on: May 05, 2020, 11:46:34 am »
Are you guys driving with your windows down and heads out the window? Or taking a packed Chinatown bus up?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1101 on: May 05, 2020, 11:47:14 am »
Are you guys driving with your windows down and heads out the window? Or taking a packed Chinatown bus up?

Yes.

shemptiness

« Reply #1102 on: May 05, 2020, 03:55:20 pm »

« Reply #1103 on: May 05, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »
'Mourning in America'
Trump went balistic at 12:46 AM after he watched that, must be good stuff :)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1257532101966036993

the best part is he was pissed as they 'stole' the Reagan ad slogan morning in America

twitter quickly reminded him...he did the same thing

I've been a big fan of the Lincoln project and they've done some great stuff...really getting under trumps skin
Dems just don't have the cajones to do stuff like this, so I'm glad they are doing the dirty work

« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:10:00 pm by treated worst than trump ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #1104 on: May 05, 2020, 04:13:22 pm »
Cajones: drawers
Cojones: balls

« Reply #1105 on: May 05, 2020, 04:27:02 pm »
Cajones: drawers
Cojones: balls
I'm illiterate in all languages...but you knew exactly what I meant!
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1106 on: May 05, 2020, 07:32:16 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #1107 on: May 05, 2020, 08:23:55 pm »
+1
slack

Yada

« Reply #1108 on: May 05, 2020, 09:23:33 pm »

« Reply #1109 on: May 05, 2020, 10:44:41 pm »
So I just heard RBG went to john Hopkins hospital for an non- corona issue
 Talk about the riskiest place to be
I wish her well
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:47:44 pm by treated worst than trump ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lıl »
slack