Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 386492 times)

hutch

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #1140 on: May 12, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »
Does any other developed country show such utter disdain and contempt for the lives of its people?

I mean 83,000 dead and doesn’t seem like there are too many ruffled feathers

I hear the argument that it’s a smaller percentage but it’s a hell of a lot more dead and hurting people.

Is it because most affected people are elderly? Or a disproportionate number black?

I am embarrassed for us. People overseas pity us. Like if we are so great like we keep telling everyone why can’t we get our act together? Nobody expects us to be South Korea but compare us to say Germany... our response is pathetic. It’s almost nonexistent. The approach is arguably to “take the punch”... Those that have to die must die

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1141 on: May 12, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
Does any other developed country show such utter disdain and contempt for the lives of its people?

I hear the argument that it’s a smaller percentage but it’s a hell of a lot more dead and hurting people.

Is it because most affected people are elderly? Or a disproportionate number black?

I am embarrassed for us. People overseas pity us. Like if we are so great like we keep telling everyone why can’t we get our act together? Nobody expects us to be South Korea but compare us to say Germany... our response is pathetic. It’s almost nonexistent. The approach is arguably to “take the punch”... Those that have to die must die

It is fucking horrifying...the open up crowd who call Gov. Hogan "Lockdown Larry" are totally cool with 3000/day for the next 30.

I don't understand how folks can just "get on with the business" while so many people die each day. It paralyzes me to a great extent.

Maybe if  (like in the 1970s and 80s and 90s(?)) we all as a country were still watching one of three nightly news anchors call of the death totals at dinner every night the collective consciousness would be different? But now, folks just tune into that which fits their narrative, and fuck the rest...2nd Wave coming soon.

« Reply #1142 on: May 12, 2020, 04:58:15 pm »
But now, folks just tune into that which fits their narrative, and fuck the rest...
I do feel this is a big problem with the US today
Not really sure how it gets changed
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1143 on: May 12, 2020, 06:12:32 pm »

America is populated by people who came here because they despised their home government, and by people who were dragged here against their will into a system of slavery that was sanctioned by the government.

Germans have always been good at following whatever orders their leader's give them.

hutch

« Reply #1144 on: May 12, 2020, 06:54:08 pm »
Well like I said ANY developed nation. Take Australia if you want to compare the US with people who despised government/rebels/jailbirds

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:56:51 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #1145 on: May 12, 2020, 07:46:59 pm »
Well like I said ANY developed nation. Take Australia if you want to compare the US with people who despised government/rebels/jailbirds

Yeah, I hear you. I was just being snarky, at least somewhat. I actually did think of Australia when i posted that.

To be further contrary, I'll post this opinion piece.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/take-shutdown-skeptics-seriously/611419/

hutch

« Reply #1146 on: May 13, 2020, 07:39:41 pm »
So we have to open up because the Trump regime is too incompetent to enact the policy they should enact before opening up anyways? I say they resign then

I get it : they are never going to get it together so why not just open up? And what? 100,000 dead? I would rather just stay closed til January..I mean that’s a lot of people..at what point is it too many? Should we open up if a million people will die?!?

It’s fine to talk about the importance of the economy but if one’s family member dies needlessly who gives a crap

I guess to this point it doesn’t matter cause it’s old people, blacks and Latinos

Again, there is no reaction here..just got off phone with my mom in Buenos Aires and she tells me everyone there is wearing plastic shields on top of mask ..here I haven’t seen many

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:42:27 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #1147 on: May 13, 2020, 08:19:32 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #1148 on: May 14, 2020, 08:38:18 am »

hutch

« Reply #1149 on: May 14, 2020, 08:55:41 am »
I saw that!

Just makes it all that much more important to get our act together

Of course we need to reopen but we should be testing millions a day..and employ an army of contact tracers

I have always been skeptical of the assumption we will soon have a vaccine

Maybe we will maybe we won’t

The other big concern I have is who is to say it won’t or isn’t mutating into different strains which will cause different illnesses
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:58:27 am by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #1150 on: May 14, 2020, 09:28:27 am »
I saw that!

Just makes it all that much more important to get our act together

Of course we need to reopen but we should be testing millions a day..and employ an army of contact tracers

I have always been skeptical of the assumption we will soon have a vaccine

Maybe we will maybe we won’t

The other big concern I have is who is to say it won’t or isn’t mutating into different strains which will cause different illnesses

I hear you on all of the above. It's one of those posts that if it were on Facebook, I wouldn't know whether to like it or not. I agree with it all, but it doesn't make me feel good like a picture of a puppy does.

« Reply #1151 on: May 14, 2020, 09:34:30 am »
here ya go space
slack

Yada

« Reply #1152 on: May 14, 2020, 10:49:30 am »
MoCo Numbers continue to climb and climb!

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1154 on: May 14, 2020, 11:13:13 am »
MoCo Numbers continue to climb and climb!

But the daily increase is flat or smaller. That's what they mean by flattening the curve. Still not over, but possibly at the beginning of a very long ending.